ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Penn State football’s academics rank at the bottom of Big Ten after worst score in a decade

I don't know if it's a slight on Penn State or an insult to Rutgers what you just wrote.

You just stated that the school was in trouble because their academics are lower than RU, implying what exactly? That RU's numbers are trash and to be lower than us indicates a university is "In decline/trouble".

Let's be honest, a school with a total enrollment of nearly 90k is the furthest thing from being "In Trouble".

This entire thread is just sillyness
Rutgers academics ranking is going up while Penn State academics is going down fast, maybe they are concentrating on football too much.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Success with Honor!!! Weeee ARRR, derp.

Where is NJ.com on this story?
"Penn State’s football team’s academic rating plummeted to its lowest point in more than a decade, placing the Nittany Lions in last place among Big Ten gridiron teams."
Franklin reacts:

F5H4K3WPR5FIHMRXOALKGIDK2U.jpg

who cares...................crickets

just win, that is the measure of a BIG program. To think otherwise is sophomoric

Ped State is a school in decline.

Check out their overall academic rankings.

You'd be hard pressed to find an academic ranking now where they are ahead of us. They're behind is USNWR, WSJ, Forbes...

Their SAT and GPA numbers are floundering.

I don't know if it was COVID or the admin or what but they're in trouble.
Haven’t looked at PSU’s WSJ ranking but RU’s is nothing to write home about. We’re #5 in NJ(!!!) behind Princeton, NJIT, Stevens, and Montclair.

• Haha
Reactions: RUTGERS95
You actually go out of your way to ask that? Good grief.

That’s like someone hearing you’re a Rutgers fan and asking about Mike Rice abusing his players.

Get outta here with that trash
good grief you use this to knock what was posted about NC in a thread about academics.
You must really dislike Rutgers to find ways to knock it every chance you get in every thread you enter.
But as it has been said: "Whatever floats your boat"
I just hope your ship sinks 😁

Well seeing as how these guys are playing for pay now, any pretense of academic work is just silly.

Who even cares if they go to class anymore? Pedd State is just ahead of the curve.
as long as Pedd St students aren't tutoring grammar school kids in showers, you're probably right

Dont get the point of this thread since players are getting paid..academics really dont matter

Those are the hard facts. Anyone pretending to rally around academics seem to be years behind
For some , like me, it's the thought that counts.
Realistically , your POV is right on

Reactions: bac2therac
Us News ranking Rutgers #55, Penn State #77, Stevens #83, NJIT #97, I don’t think Montclair is even ranked
I know the US New Ranking. I was referring specifically to the latest Wall Street Journal rankings. The ranking of NJ colleges is what I posted above which is not great for RU from a NJ perspective. Here it is again (with national ranking):

1 Princeton
19 NJIT
36 Stevens
104 Montclair
162 Rutgers NB
253 Stockton
302 Rowan

I went back and checked PSU and we're still ahead so that's good. :-)

220 Penn State

Right, wrong, or indifferent, this link covers a lot of the WSJ criteria. I think this is a free article.

Upstream, red team.

-SC

True . But I thought it was barnwell’s grade flood tried to change? Barnwell was a good player and starter here . Good try by flood !
Yes, that’s the point. Despite multiple warnings not to, he still tried for Barnwell but would never have attempted the same for a reserve. All they care about it winning. Is the nature of the beast.

Reactions: Plum Street
wsj rankings lol

anyone that wouldn't put major research universities up front has zero credibility

True . But I thought it was barnwell’s grade flood tried to change? Barnwell was a good player and starter here . Good try by flood !
It was a good try
Flood contacted the professor and nothing happened except the professor complaining to a student advisor about Flood contacting him
Flood then used his personal e-mail implying the issue should just be between him and the professor , but no grade change.
Flood then met the professor personalty , I think it was a Judy in disguise moment,.
After the meeting that professor contacted Barnwell saying he would allow him to make up some of the work , which I take it as a way to improve grade.
Barnwell sent the professor the make up paperwork that could have improved his grad, but by then the Professor was notified of Flood being investigated over their contact and that was the end of any chance Barnwell's grade would be changed

It seems like Flood almost scored a grade change if the University didn't find out , but was sacked because it did.

Reactions: Plum Street
Really?? Sports is that much more important than education?
When talking sports, it is.
Education means something when one is talking academics for regular students and at one time student/athletes could be a legitimate part of the conversation, but now the need to win makes academic achievement for scholars not athletes .College football has turned semi pro

I know the US New Ranking. I was referring specifically to the latest Wall Street Journal rankings. The ranking of NJ colleges is what I posted above which is not great for RU from a NJ perspective. Here it is again (with national ranking):

1 Princeton
19 NJIT
36 Stevens
104 Montclair
162 Rutgers NB
253 Stockton
302 Rowan

I went back and checked PSU and we're still ahead so that's good. :-)

220 Penn State

Right, wrong, or indifferent, this link covers a lot of the WSJ criteria. I think this is a free article.

Upstream, red team.

-SC
Princeton, LOL. Has anyone looked up a famous anyone's dissertation. This place is running on it's reputation from 50 years ago. Now it's just an Indoctrination center.

Ya'll can't capture an institution, turn it into a political indoctrination machine and then cite it as some ki9nd of historical achievement. Princeton threw away it's reputation decades ago.

Guys….what I’m saying isn’t controversial.

I don’t know one person who roots for Rutgers in the classroom over rooting for them on the turf
In reality, they are not competing against each other. This is msg board shooting the sh1t. I don’t know any RU grad that doesn’t root for academic success. Ask 1990s Northeastern grads if they are happy with the steady climb the school made in the last 2 decades. The goal is to have your cake and eat it too.

In reality, they are not competing against each other. This is msg board shooting the sh1t. I don’t know any RU grad that doesn’t root for academic success. Ask 1990s Northeastern grads if they are happy with the steady climb the school made in the last 2 decades. The goal is to have your cake and eat it too.

Where did I say I don’t root for academic success?

I root for athletic success…which as a fan is much more important than academic success. But of course it’s good to see success in the classroom.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Correction made. The answer is Rutgers. No one goes to Rutgers for the football program but probably 25-35% of students goes to Penn State because of their football program.

You wish you had a Rutgers degree.

Post the link DD backing up your claim that RU alums donate the most back to the school ?

It’s hard to believe you have any degree TBH.
You can’t afford Premium and when you used to post in the CE Forum frequently you were wrong on almost everything.
You’re not impressing anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT