ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Price estimate for Mets-Phillies England '24 trip

RUhasarrived

All American
May 7, 2007
Does anyone have any idea what a tour would cost for next year's Mets-Phillies series in London?Would they run a side trip for a day or two in Paris by rail as I'd like to go to the Pinball Museum?I'm a total novice in these areas,my travel being limited to the 48 plus Eastern Canada.

I'm trying to get to Scotland in August this year for the World Cycling Championships. Been looking since November. Airfare this summer starts $1,500 for the cheapest seat. That's just for the flight. A travel company will knock you over the head for a trip like that. I'm guessing somewhere between $5k to $10k

Air fares are ridiculous. Coming back to NJ for a month this summer and a flight that's $1500 now was around $950 a few years ago.
I flew to Belgium in April and my fare was $530 roundtrip. Looking at going to Munich for Oktoberfest, late September and seeing low $700s. It's all about the summer season where you're paying through the nose.

Reactions: colbert17
Check out Gate 1 Travel for their London and London/Paris trips. June 2024 dates aren't out yet but I've used the in the past for an Italy trip and it was reasonably priced.

Does anyone have any idea what a tour would cost for next year's Mets-Phillies series in London?Would they run a side trip for a day or two in Paris by rail as I'd like to go to the Pinball Museum?I'm a total novice in these areas,my travel being limited to the 48 plus Eastern Canada.
My uninformed guess is that the Phillies and Mets will be offering travel packages -- I think that's what the Eagles did for their game in London some years ago. Even if they don't offer a side trip to Paris, you can easily do that from London by taking the regular train through the Chunnel (2 hours, 16 minutes). The games are scheduled for June 8 and June 9 -- fares and hotel rooms will be expensive but probably not as bad as later in the year.

Last edited:
I’d settle for a bus trip to Citi Field.🤷‍♂️

None of the local recreation programs (think I asked about 7?) were interested in running one. Or to a Yankee game either.

Reactions: cicero grimes
What is it with American sports obsession with stinking London??

RT Newark to London at this time is under $700 under $150 for RT Train London/Paris and unlike here- the train can be a great part of the trip. I used to get wine, cheese and sliced meat for the ride and enjoy it and te food car usually has a good meal and drinks...
It isn't al that bad at this time.
Now- Didnt check hotels but a word of warning- London for food/drink as Paris too- higher than NYC. Last time I was in London was around 2008 and just to get a simple lunch- sandwich and a soda or water- was 17 euros...

But at least, at this time, air and train are not crazy...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT