ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

"The 6% commission, a standard in home purchase transactions, is no more.

In a sweeping move expected to dramatically reduce the cost of buying and selling a home, the National Association of Realtors announced Friday a settlement with groups of homesellers, agreeing to end landmark antitrust lawsuits by paying $418 million in damages and eliminating rules on commissions."

Powerful Realtor Group Agrees to Slash Commissions to Settle Lawsuits​

The National Association of Realtors will pay $418 million in damages and will amend several rules that housing experts say will drive down housing costs.

Great article on the disaster that's Boeing.
A week cant pass without some airline malfunction and usually a Boeing plane.

"I can explain Boeing quickly. It attained a market dominant position in the USA following the merger with McDonnell Douglas. This made it lazy. It then got new management, which emphasized financial chicanery over top flight engineering, symbolized in its move of its corporate HQ from Seattle to Chicago. The financial geniuses then worked to break the union, shift production away from its trained Seattle work force to places like South Carolina, and outsource production of most plane components abroad - the American work force was left to assemble all these disparate parts rather than produce them here. Software was also outsourced. The end result was lower quality of aircraft, delays in development and production, and even fatalities from crashes. But rest assured the management in Chicago did very well.

Meanwhile, by focusing on MBAs and JDs rather than engineers, top management fell victim to all the pathologies coming out of top schools. This is where the DEI nonsense comes from, which would have been much harder to impose if management were more focused on building good planes than stock buybacks. So the outsourcing, cost cutting, diminishing the original work force - all this is now working in tandem with the sort of diversity/DEI dysfunction visible all over corporate America. It’s a feedback loop that could be fatal to Boeing, and has already been fatal to someone airline passengers."

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
"The 6% commission, a standard in home purchase transactions, is no more.

In a sweeping move expected to dramatically reduce the cost of buying and selling a home, the National Association of Realtors announced Friday a settlement with groups of homesellers, agreeing to end landmark antitrust lawsuits by paying $418 million in damages and eliminating rules on commissions."

Powerful Realtor Group Agrees to Slash Commissions to Settle Lawsuits​

The National Association of Realtors will pay $418 million in damages and will amend several rules that housing experts say will drive down housing costs.

And thus my recent adds of Z and COMP tanked on Friday.

Jan/Feb jobs report got a remake as usual.
Can't believe anything out of DC

"The Labor Department made significant reductions to the previously reported outsize payroll gains in December and January. The department cut 124,000 payroll gains from the 353,000 jobs initially reported for January. The revised total was just 229,000.

It also cut 43,000 from total nonfarm payroll employment for December, revising down the total gain to 290,000, from 333,000. With the revisions, the combined gain in nonfarm employment for December and January is 167,000 lower than previously reported."

The Biden Admin Has Overcounted New Jobs Almost Every Single Month This Year (2023)​

Jan/Feb jobs report got a remake as usual.
Can't believe anything out of DC

"The Labor Department made significant reductions to the previously reported outsize payroll gains in December and January. The department cut 124,000 payroll gains from the 353,000 jobs initially reported for January. The revised total was just 229,000.

It also cut 43,000 from total nonfarm payroll employment for December, revising down the total gain to 290,000, from 333,000. With the revisions, the combined gain in nonfarm employment for December and January is 167,000 lower than previously reported."

The Biden Admin Has Overcounted New Jobs Almost Every Single Month This Year (2023)​

You do realize that revisions almost always reduce numbers under all administrations for decades.

Great article on the disaster that's Boeing.
A week cant pass without some airline malfunction and usually a Boeing plane.

"I can explain Boeing quickly. It attained a market dominant position in the USA following the merger with McDonnell Douglas. This made it lazy. It then got new management, which emphasized financial chicanery over top flight engineering, symbolized in its move of its corporate HQ from Seattle to Chicago. The financial geniuses then worked to break the union, shift production away from its trained Seattle work force to places like South Carolina, and outsource production of most plane components abroad - the American work force was left to assemble all these disparate parts rather than produce them here. Software was also outsourced. The end result was lower quality of aircraft, delays in development and production, and even fatalities from crashes. But rest assured the management in Chicago did very well.

Meanwhile, by focusing on MBAs and JDs rather than engineers, top management fell victim to all the pathologies coming out of top schools. This is where the DEI nonsense comes from, which would have been much harder to impose if management were more focused on building good planes than stock buybacks. So the outsourcing, cost cutting, diminishing the original work force - all this is now working in tandem with the sort of diversity/DEI dysfunction visible all over corporate America. It’s a feedback loop that could be fatal to Boeing, and has already been fatal to someone airline passengers."

I agree they made a mistake moving production down South just to get rid of the union and to lower cost. Almost all companies are doing the same moving South, with less educated workers, will cause trouble for the companies in the long run. Sounds like Tesla. It‘s always about increasing the bottom line. I don’t know how DEI comes into play other than wanting to blame it somehow. I’m surprise you didn’t blame Biden.

My company moved a substantial number of position down to San Antonio, Tx and heard it was total chaos but it didn’t matter because it got rid of the vested older employees. Old experienced employees do 1.6 times more than new employee and they wonder why they can‘t do the same job with the same number of employees. The GO GO mentality of NJ workers vs the laid back San Antonio workers. I hear they are now moving the operation in San Antonio off shore since the tax credits are expiring. No loyalty to workers means terrible quality.

Last edited:
I agree they made a mistake moving production down South just to get rid of the union and to lower cost. Almost all companies are doing the same moving South, with less educated workers, will cause trouble for the companies in the long run. Sounds like Tesla. It‘s always about increasing the bottom line. I don’t know how DEI comes into play other than wanting to blame it somehow. I’m surprise you didn’t blame Biden.

My company moved a substantial number of position down to San Antonio, Tx and heard it was total chaos but it didn’t matter because it got rid of the vested older employees. Old experienced employees do 1.6 times more than new employee and they wonder why they can‘t do the same job with the same number of employees. The GO GO mentality of NJ workers vs the laid back San Antonio workers. I hear they are now moving the operation in San Antonio off shore since the tax credits are expiring. No loyalty to workers means terrible quality.
I like what you did there.

Reactions: rutgersdave

The Biden cartel is wrecking many things with DEI.

The CHIPs Act was passed in bipartisan fashion under Trump. Then 14 pages of DEI cultural Marxism were added in. Manufactures have so many hoops to jump through, and pork to pay, that they cant get going off the ground. Its hard to find tech workers with normal conditions but specifying by race, sex is guaranteed failure

DEI came from CCP via outfits like BlackRock who were told (under penalty of China business ban) to get it inside US corporations where they had leverage. Once inside corps, everything turns to crap. DEI is MLK and civil rights law turned in reverse.

"Bureaucrats excel at pushing their policy agendas through gaps in the law, and the Commerce Department is showing how it’s done. The agency is expanding a subsidy to dictate social policy, pushing progressive causes on companies in many more industries.

Any firm seeking a chip grant of more than $150 million must submit an employee child-care plan “in tandem with community stakeholders,” which means unions and progressive groups. Grant recipients of all sizes must also adopt the Biden Administration’s “Good Jobs Principles,” which include a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as the government defines it. None of this is specified in the Chips Act."

See - they spread the poison through everything. Stop hiring the best qualified to fulfill some harebrained radical agenda. It didn't start under the current cartel but as most of the country sees now, destruction is a feature and not a bug

The Incredible Expanding Chips Act​

More companies can get semiconductor subsidies, if they adopt DEI and other progressive social policy.​

Boeing aims to increase Black employees by 20%, CEO says in memo​

The CHIPs Act was passed in bipartisan fashion under Trump. Then 14 pages of DEI cultural Marxism were added in. Manufactures have so many hoops to jump through, and pork to pay, that they cant get going off the ground. Its hard to find tech workers with normal conditions but specifying by race, sex is guaranteed failure

DEI came from CCP via outfits like BlackRock who were told (under penalty of China business ban) to get it inside US corporations where they had leverage. Once inside corps, everything turns to crap. DEI is MLK and civil rights law turned in reverse.

"Bureaucrats excel at pushing their policy agendas through gaps in the law, and the Commerce Department is showing how it’s done. The agency is expanding a subsidy to dictate social policy, pushing progressive causes on companies in many more industries.

Any firm seeking a chip grant of more than $150 million must submit an employee child-care plan “in tandem with community stakeholders,” which means unions and progressive groups. Grant recipients of all sizes must also adopt the Biden Administration’s “Good Jobs Principles,” which include a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as the government defines it. None of this is specified in the Chips Act."

See - they spread the poison through everything. Stop hiring the best qualified to fulfill some harebrained radical agenda. It didn't start under the current cartel but as most of the country sees now, destruction is a feature and not a bug

More companies can get semiconductor subsidies, if they adopt DEI and other progressive social policy.​

it's an issue for sure

93% of all open positions went to minorities last year. How is that not racist

Reactions: ashokan

When you move production from Washington state with about 3.5% blacks to South Carolina which is 30% black, you don’t think you need to hire blacks on the production line? Considering that more whites are in white collar jobs that the production in South Carolina probably had to hire 40-50% blacks. In addition, they are less educated since they don’t spend much money on education in the South. It’s white executives making those decisions to cut cost and get rid of experienced workers that knew what they were doing to new employees that may take 2-5 years to get up to speed. A white executive, made $22 million but lost his $7 million bonus, made the bad decision but blame the black employees for the mistake.

I worked in Houston, Tx for 8 years and never did a minute of overtime, which is good because I wouldn’t get paid for overtime. In New Jersey, I was expected to work at least 1-2 hours OT every day of course with no additional pay. Workers in one state aren’t the same as workers in another state. Life balance was more important and part of their culture but we’re moving the jobs down South. Work to live will replace Live to work in the US in no time.

Last edited:
When you move production from Washington state with about 3.5% blacks to South Carolina which is 30% black, you don’t think you need to hire blacks on the production line? Considering that more whites are in white collar jobs that the production in South Carolina probably had to hire 40-50% blacks. In addition, they are less educated since they don’t spend much money on education in the South. It’s white executives making those decisions to cut cost and get rid of experienced workers that knew what they were doing to new employees that may take 2-5 years to get up to speed. A white executive, made $22 million but lost his $7 million bonus, made the bad decision but blame the black employees for the mistake.

I worked in Houston, Tx for 8 years and never did a minute of overtime, which is good because I wouldn’t get paid for overtime. In New Jersey, I was expected to work at least 1-2 hours OT every day of course with no additional pay. Workers in one state aren’t the same as workers in another state. Life balance was more important and part of their culture but we’re moving the jobs down South. Work to live will replace Live to work in the US in no time.

Production and manufacturing are only part of the puzzle. Airports all around the country have maintenance workers working for the airlines, facility, agencies, subs etc. We know most jobs go to foreigners and many aren't even good at reading in their native languages. Our local DMV was surprised when they started giving licenses to illegals. I'll bet a lot of people on crews are pretty lame and unable to even research issues. We have wheels falling off planes at takeoff. That's muggles at work

Boeing was having 737 crashes because of sketchy software spaghetti code made cheap in India where engineers make $9 an hour.

"Increasingly, the iconic American planemaker and its subcontractors have relied on temporary workers making as little as $9 an hour to develop and test software, often from countries lacking a deep background in aerospace — notably India."

Its amazing how bad America's business managers have become. Banks, brokerages, manufacturers, business schools and so on - full of shallow turkeys who look for easy corners to cut without thinking strategically or caring about quality. Banks don't even know who owns what on security nested assets. People think they own something and "poof" the backing was no good and some other investor gets entitled way back in the chain.

Worst of all is the truly stupid idea that too many white male pilots from AF academy have commercial jobs and Lashonda from SUNY has to get the job because "diversity is our strength." That's the usual nonsense that wrecks countries fallen to radicals who make doctors do maintenance and maintenance guys do medicine.

Major US plane crashes are obviously about to make a comeback.

United plane

sIKvwSX.gif

United CEO

This country is insane by design

izlr0K7.png

• Wow
Reactions: Postman_1
TSLA is in trouble. They are not growing and have a high multiple. They have stopped innovating… where is autonomous driving? I expect it to go lower.

Until RIVN can show itself to do what TSLA was doing 10 years ago and learn to really save money, any rips in the stock should be sold. This stock is not going to hit $20 for a while, if ever.
What is Tesla waiting for = release a legit SUV already (CT is publicity stunt)! Or, at least do a model refresh because I’m getting the sense that the allure of Tesla is becoming stale. Plus, Elon is awfully quiet lately which strikes me as odd. Hello, anyone see the Master of Coin?

Rivian needs to dramatically expand distribution and marketing assuming they can even scale production. I’m still surprised at how many people don’t know anything about the brand. I’m convinced somebody buys them out but the question is would it be before or after they file for bankruptcy. I owned the stock for a while but bailed with small gain.

Reactions: ScarletNut
TSLA is in trouble. They are not growing and have a high multiple. They have stopped innovating… where is autonomous driving? I expect it to go lower.

Until RIVN can show itself to do what TSLA was doing 10 years ago and learn to really save money, any rips in the stock should be sold. This stock is not going to hit $20 for a while, if ever.
I wouldn’t say Tesla is not growing. But the growth rate certainly doesn’t justify the multiple. This was an obvious issue that many analysts purposely overlooked. All the drivers that want an EV got one. Now they need to win over those that are skeptical. It will eventually happen but seems like most are going the hybrid route for now.

I wouldn’t say Tesla is not growing. But the growth rate certainly doesn’t justify the multiple. This was an obvious issue that many analysts purposely overlooked. All the drivers that want an EV got one. Now they need to win over those that are skeptical. It will eventually happen but seems like most are going the hybrid route for now.
This is true, the everyone that wanted one got one. The office parking lot near me in North Jersey is stockpiling Tesla's at a high rate.

This is true, the everyone that wanted one got one. The office parking lot near me in North Jersey is stockpiling Tesla's at a high rate.
The supply issue made the demand look greater than it really was. Now it’s a slow climb.

I don't think the've stopped innovating as much as the mkt is saturated. Despite the bubble some people decry the EV mkt from, those that want one have one and you are not changing people's minds

you give me 1k range in all temps, 30 minute till full charge or quick battery swap for recharge, and make the car affordable and then I'll believe this mkt is ready to change how we drive

This maybe the first year that Tesla has lower sales than previous year and without any other significant catalyst, the stock will go even lower.

What is Tesla waiting for = release a legit SUV already (CT is publicity stunt)! Or, at least do a model refresh because I’m getting the sense that the allure of Tesla is becoming stale. Plus, Elon is awfully quiet lately which strikes me as odd. Hello, anyone see the Master of Coin?

Rivian needs to dramatically expand distribution and marketing assuming they can even scale production. I’m still surprised at how many people don’t know anything about the brand. I’m convinced somebody buys them out but the question is would it be before or after they file for bankruptcy. I owned the stock for a while but bailed with small gain.
He has been quiet about Tesla, but still continues to piss off his customer base with political nonsense.

TSLA gets 22.5% of their sales from China in 2023 which may be in danger if we continue to increase the tariffs like Trump wants 100% on Chinese EV even if manufactured in Mexico. The US is also trying to stop using Chinese company batteries CATL which has 2/5 share of the world market. The trade war with China will hurt US companies doing business there since Chinese consumers are now fighting back against the U.S. Apple China sales dropped 24% recently. GM sells more cars in China than the US.

Last edited:
This maybe the first year that Tesla has lower sales than previous year and without any other significant catalyst, the stock will go even lower.
They sold 500k more cars in 2023 vs 2022. I expect that number to increase but at a slower rate. Tesla is 100% focus on AI now because the car business doesn’t justify the multiple

He has been quiet about Tesla, but still continues to piss off his customer base with political nonsense.

He's doing well in polls - he is where the people are.
He is also stuck between two dysfunctional "parents."

In China Musk is getting the CCP bugger.
US never learns - open a slave factory in China - train workers/managers while creating supply chains.
After a few years CCP says "thanks we got this" and then they sell copies of the US factory products.
Over and over and over the US biz class never learns.
Apple went to China and now there are dozens of Chinese phone makers and Apple is declining despite helping CCP with censorship.

Ambarella CEO: ‘Chinese OEMs Are Copying the Tesla Model’​

In the US musk sees the people being wrecked on purpose.
How to sell electric cars to a population being crushed on purpose while a deteriorating grid is ignored?

"Dams are bursting all over the country," Musk wrote in a post that quoted Melugin. "America is only 4% of Earth’s population. If only 1% of the rest of Earth moves here, that would crush all essential services...I am ringing the alarm bell, because the flood of illegals is crushing the country!"

Today:

Already out of it for a small gain. I think it's possible it could push into the low 500s but I think it's just as possible for a further drop to the 450s and I kind of skew a little negative.
I brought and sold some but I still have a decent quantity expecting it to hit 500-510.

Another stock I own doing a spin off. Not sure I'd keep any of B&J though, wonder if any of the other staples would have interest. I'd figure UL would have sold it rather than spin it off if they could've gotten a good price so might not be much of a market for it.

Yes you do. :)
I was talking about UNH specifically lol but in general I probably am somewhat more willing to take a profit than let it ride, mind you trailing stops can help with that emotional tug as well as not selling everything in one shot.

Still have a bunch of GE and riding that sucker despite the fact it's been on a crazy run. You'd think they're manufacturing AI chips lol. If it can make it to 190 to low 200s area, I probably will sell some there. Feel like they're could be a potential selloff (which would be healthy anyhow) after the spinoff. But I'm fine holding both GE Aerospace and GE Vernova just like I have GEHC after that got spun off. Always rumors of a GE Aerospace Honeywell merger but I think it would have trouble getting approval, seems like it would be too big. I remember a GE/Honeywell tie up got rejected decades ago and not sure it would be any different now.

Still holding my last 1/3 of NVDA too. Almost sold off another sliver a few hundred dollars back but resisted that temptation and I'm glad that I did haha.

Regardless, though even if I had sold parts of some of those positions no matter what happens, I always comfort myself with the old saying "you don't go broke taking profits" and it's true.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Bought some FCX, hoping it will follow SCCO’s breakout.

GM looks poised for a breakout. I own some. Plenty of room for multiple expansion there.

Looking at GLOB to see if it bounces off the bottom rail of an upward trending channel. If it does ill look to buy.

Bought some FCX, hoping it will follow SCCO’s breakout.

GM looks poised for a breakout. I own some. Plenty of room for multiple expansion there.

Looking at GLOB to see if it bounces off the bottom rail of an upward trending channel. If it does ill look to buy.
Checking in from our Hawaii vacation! Thank you Mr. Powell. :)

Life is good.

No knock on effect on other big tech as of yet. AAPL down about 3%

I don't see the merits of this lawsuit. People are free to buy an Android phone if they want - no one is stopping them. I'm so glad that our government is focusing on this instead of other problems that really threaten our quality of life and public safety.

Reactions: ashokan
I don't see the merits of this lawsuit. People are free to buy an Android phone if they want - no one is stopping them. I'm so glad that our government is focusing on this instead of other problems that really threaten our quality of life and public safety.
I'd have expected it more from the EU which often goes after these tech companies to open up their ecosystems. Personally with Apple, I'm kind of fine with it because I feel like closed is more secure.

Reactions: Scarlet Jerry
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT