ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

PLTR is up 200% in the last 12 months. I think people are already in on the trade.
Most of that is due to their recent profitability. If they can prove and show AI revenue, it's going way, way higher. So will SNOW, PANW, CRM, and many others. I know people have been meh on AAPL for the past 2 months, but when they drop the AI hammer, I think it will be epic. Looking at leap calls for AAPL and letting it ride.

Reactions: rurahrah000
Most of that is due to their recent profitability. If they can prove and show AI revenue, it's going way, way higher. So will SNOW, PANW, CRM, and many others. I know people have been meh on AAPL for the past 2 months, but when they drop the AI hammer, I think it will be epic. Looking at leap calls for AAPL and letting it ride.
Given the price I think there is a good portion of that AI rev already priced in. I think they need to show big rev growth, in the form of AI or otherwise for continuation of this run.

The Russell 2K did set a new 52 week high.

I know this is also trading ahead of the rate cuts, but think the actual rate cuts will be a buy the news situation.

Last edited:
The Russell 2K did set a new 52 week high.

I know this is also trading ahead of the rate cuts, but think the actual rate cuts will not be a buy news situation.
Small caps have a long way to run, which I think will happen once we get more clarity on the cuts. R2K still way below its ATH and valuations compared to the S&P 500 at a 20-year low.

As per Tom Lee.....3,000 for the R2K is in play for the rate cutting cycle.

Reactions: RU-05
Small caps have a long way to run, which I think will happen once we get more clarity on the cuts. R2K still way below its ATH and valuations compared to the S&P 500 at a 20-year low.

As per Tom Lee.....3,000 for the R2K is in play for the rate cutting cycle.
Like I said it's at 52 week highs, and near 2 year highs, slightly above a resistance, a level it pressed against as recently as December, in my amateur chart reading opinion, this looks like it wants to clean break past this resistance even without clarity on cuts.

I'm going to say it won't reach new ATH's without those cuts(and an accompanying strong economy along with it) but I do think this first technical hurdle will prove to have been cleared.

AAPL has been underperforming this year and will take off once AI pathway has been formulated.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Listening to the Mike Wilson appearance with Nathan. Lets see if i can make it through the whole thing.

• Haha
Listening to the Mike Wilson appearance with Nathan. Lets see if i can make it through the whole thing.
Permabear therapy session! They will likely cover all 5 stages of grief. I think the crew will be extra nice to him due to the recent demotion at MS.

Permabear therapy session! They will likely cover all 5 stages of grief. I think the crew will be extra nice to him due to the recent demotion at MS.
The guys did powder his bottom a little to start.

Wilson wasn’t to bad, even some revisionist history it seems in there, saying he wasn’t and isn’t that bearish, it seemed.

I still like Guy but Nathan is a tough listen given how disgruntledly bearish he is.

The guys did powder his bottom a little to start.

Wilson wasn’t to bad, even some revisionist history it seems in there, saying he wasn’t and isn’t that bearish, it seemed.

I still like Guy but Nathan is a tough listen given how disgruntledly bearish he is.
Honestly, whenever I listen to one of their podcasts/videos, I skip ahead when Dan is talking. I know what he is going to say before he does.

Last edited:
A lot of AI is just Siri level stuff. Ask a question and get Wiki quotes.
Google clumsily showed what the manipulative intentions are for AI.
I wasn't surprised at all because AI is oversold
The other side of the coin will be censorship
AI ran the algorithms in 2020 used by agencies hijacking Twitter and telling Zuckerberg what to bury.
I dont think its an accident so many tech/socials have foreign born CEOs like Parag Agrawal (former twitter head) saying 1st A. is outdated and irrelevant

nJO05gT.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Postman_1
Why did UNH poop the bed?
They got hit with ransomware and record stealing. Prescription system jacked-up for weeks now.
Optum has been a mess a for awhile and locally doctors have been peeling out of there

UnitedHealth confirms ransomware gang behind Change Healthcare hack amid ongoing pharmacy outages​

https://techcrunch.com/2024/02/29/u...e-ransomware-alphv-blackcat-pharmacy-outages/

The market is punishing the stock for those issues.

If Google continues to misstep the stock will continue to be punished.
Nice to see the market pop a little at the end of the day. Maybe that bodes well for the rest of the week, unless Powell does something stupid.

Picked up MARA calls on the crypto dump! Already up 10%.

Nice to see the market pop a little at the end of the day. Maybe that bodes well for the rest of the week, unless Powell does something stupid.

Picked up MARA calls on the crypto dump! Already up 10%.
Crwd in afterhours is making a fairly bad day for my portfolio not too bad at all.

Crwd in afterhours is making a fairly bad day for my portfolio not too bad at all.
Just looked up CRWD. My goodness! Up 26%. That's going to raise all cyber stocks tomorrow. I own CRWD, ZS, and PANW via FS Insights stock list.

Reactions: Postman_1
Just looked up CRWD. My goodness! Up 26%. That's going to raise all cyber stocks tomorrow. I own CRWD, ZS, and PANW via FS Insights stock list.
Saw PANW was up in afterhours.

I was down 1.6% on the day prior to the call. Im in the green now.

Saw PANW was up in afterhours.

I was down 1.6% on the day prior to the call. Im in the green now.
Pretty cool that E-Trade shows you all that.

Definitely a down day for me, but I'm getting massive equity drops from my company on tomorrow, Thurs, and Fri (next round of RSUs and options vesting). So, life is good. :)

“Selling your winners and holding your losers is like cutting the flowers and watering the weeds.” - Buffett
😁
Don’t be a greedy pig.- Rutgersdave

Don't be greedy. As Cramer has said for years: Bulls make money, bears make money, but pigs get slaughtered.

Don’t be a greedy pig.- Rutgersdave

Don't be greedy. As Cramer has said for years: Bulls make money, bears make money, but pigs get slaughtered.
That advice is good if you are a trader or someone with a short-term POV. If you are an investor, following the wisdom of Buffett, Munger, and Lynch.

“The money is made in investing by owning good companies for long periods of time." - Buffett

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
That advice is good if you are a trader or someone with a short-term POV. If you are an investor, following the wisdom of Buffett, Munger, and Lynch.

“The money is made in investing by owning good companies for long periods of time." - Buffett
There’s plenty of money to do both.-Rutgersdave

IBM looking very good.

Resistance likely at $200 as it deals with ATH's from 11 years ago.

Growth not expected to be all that impressive though. But it's been beating consistently the last couple years.

Jeffries initiates RIVN with a buy rating. $16 price target.

I haven't added yet, but likely will soon. Maybe sell some puts, see if they get excercised.

I haven't added yet, but likely will soon. Maybe sell some puts, see if they get excercised.
Looking forward to their R2 announcement today. However, those models don't come online until 2026. There will likely be a massive raise prior to this.

Last edited:

I bought a chunk back at like $10.50 a week or two ago. I mentioned then, it was 100% a lotto ticket gamble. I'm prepared for it to go to zero, but hoping an Apple or Amazon or other buys then for $20/share and I make a few bucks

Reactions: RU-05 and T2Kplus20
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT