ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Super Bowl Halftime Show

Well the Spectacle this year features Rihanna, so there will be some interesting visuals going on, which isnt a bad thing. I’ve had an ongoing joke with my sons that the bands I loved listening to took longer to get in tune than the length of the 12 minute Super Bowl halftime thing. Anyway I wanted to link one of my favorite comedians thoughts on the halftime show which I find funny and honest.
Lewis Black is awesome.

Harmless but I think all halftime shows are useless.
Harmless ?
I can't help but pay attention to lyrics. The title of her one song is troubling to me.
What does she propose to do if Bitch doesn't have her money ?

Reactions: Knight Shift
Harmless ?
I can't help but pay attention to lyrics. The title of her one song is troubling to me.
What does she propose to do if Bitch doesn't have her money ?
Go out and get said money…

As for that lyric offending you, genuinely you must have been living under a rock for the last 40 years…. That or exclusively listen to John Denver, one or the other…

Go back and check some old Motley Crue lyrics👍

Jets had Florida A&M band and some HS bands
Giants in 86 had "We The People" dancers
Giants in 90 had Pete Fountain, Nichols State University Marching Band & SMU marching bands
Things didn't really get off the hook until M Jackson in 93
I believe "We The People" was actually "Up WIth People" who holds the record with six (awful) Super Bowl halftime shows between 1971 and 1986.

They always remind me of this Simpson's clip:

I'm hearing that that song...Bitch Better Have My Money...was actually an updated version of an old Richie Havens song. 😜

I’m watching/rewatching it now. At times she forgets to lift the microphone to her face while the soundtrack plays her voice. Very very lazy lip syncing.

I get that she was pregnant but it was probably the lowest energy Half Time show I’ve ever seen.

The show producers knew at some point that she was pregnant. Why not bring in some other stars as cameos to add some juice to the show. I’m pretty sure Drake was there. Have him pop in for a song.

In summary- it sucked!

I’m watching/rewatching it now. At times she forgets to lift the microphone to her face while the soundtrack plays her voice. Very very lazy lip syncing.

I get that she was pregnant but it was probably the lowest energy Half Time show I’ve ever seen.

The show producers knew at some point that she was pregnant. Why not bring in some other stars as cameos to add some juice to the show. I’m pretty sure Drake was there. Have him pop in for a song.

In summary- it sucked!
She was signing over the track.

In summary- it sucked!
This boomer didn't think it was horrible but it was 19 mins of the same beat and dancing. It was so undynamic after the first say 5 mins.
Needed something to mix it up.. agreed.
Saw the same "ab exposure" move way too many times.

Drake and Rihanna may be a no-no. Bring out Jay Z or her baby daddy. Lol

We just rewatched and I actually LOVE it.
I’ve never seen her dance around w/ complicated choreography…
She uses her hips and legs and stands in place.
She’s never danced like Britney Spears. Lol
Jay Z No GIF

Jets had Florida A&M band and some HS bands
Giants in 86 had "We The People" dancers
Giants in 90 had Pete Fountain, Nichols State University Marching Band & SMU marching bands
Things didn't really get off the hook until M Jackson in 93

I found a site that shows what ticket prices were with Super Bowl.
I figured prices probably went up a lot with the bigger acts and that seems the case

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT