ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tebow Time in Philly

What is he doing? I'd say he's signing a 3rd string QB with experience running his type of offense. Basically inconsequential.

Did Mark Sanchez collide with someone's butt when he heard the news??

Reactions: ahmeda3
Pope is coming to Philly. Tebow just wants to be close when he is in town.

why would he give up his gig with espn/sec network when hes guaranteed to get cut at some point this season?

Originally posted by jay_hq:
why would he give up his gig with espn/sec network when hes guaranteed to get cut at some point this season?
The way I read a tweet from Rapaport earlier, Tebow's ESPN contract is essentially suspended while he's with an NFL team and then goes back into effect once he's done. Not sure how exactly it breaks down or if that's even accurate though.

He may be the best quarterback Philly's had in a while.

I find it hysterical that anyone thinks this a good move. Bringing back a crappy QB who will be no more than a giant distraction.
There is a reason he hasn't been in the NFL. There is no upside to the Eagles unless they want a media circus as that is all that will come out of this.

Why would he be a huge distraction? There will be a media circus for 24 hours and then no one will care because everyone will remember he's a 3rd string QB on the team. With the changes likely coming to the extra point/2 point conversion this season, signing Tebow is a smart move considering it's a 1 year deal with no guaranteed money. Out of all of the things that can be a media circus in Philly this season, Tebow isn't the reason.

Huh. What??? 24 hours?? Bwhahahaha. I know it's 4/20 and you might be high but even if you're celebrating you have to remember that TB is never a 24 hour cycle. He is a 24/7/365 media circus.

Add in that is Philly football media. You haven't a clue what this is going on/will go on here in Eagles country.

Don't know what you guys are laughing at. I think if he is used I. The right way he could be very good QB. He will never be a drop back in the pocket QB so why try to make him one

green his has been out of the NFL for a very good reason. He sucks as a QB in the NFL.

I think that at the end of the day Tebow gets cut by the Eagles during Summer Camp. I expect that this will be much ado about nothing when the season begins.

Originally posted by WhiteBus:
Huh. What??? 24 hours?? Bwhahahaha. I know it's 4/20 and you might be high but even if you're celebrating you have to remember that TB is never a 24 hour cycle. He is a 24/7/365 media circus.

Add in that is Philly football media. You haven't a clue what this is going on/will go on here in Eagles country.
I'm right in the middle of Eagles country so I think I know what's going on. Huge moves happened in Philly all offseason long, the Philly media will not harp on Tebow at all once things get going--there's way too many other moving parts going on with the team to discuss. To think that there will be a media circus all season long is pretty silly.

Tell me where Tebow has not been a media circus? Philadelphia is worse than them all.
Do you really think this is a good signing?

I'm with Bus on this one. No way in hell Tebow only lasts 24 hrs in the Philly media. He will be a distraction.

I do not have the first damn clue what Chip Kelly is doing down there.

NY Daily News
Fresh off Tim Tebow signing with Philadelphia Eagles, company creates 'Tebowing' soft pretzels
tebow22n-6-web.jpg

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
I think Chip Kelly thinks he can make him at least serviceable. Will he or not? Who knows but I tend to think not. I read he's been working with a throwing coach the past couple years to get his mechanics right and supposedly he's better now. I think Kelly just has confidence in himself to think he can get something out of him where others didn't but really what's it cost him to give him a look. I'm guessing not much.

As to Tebow, I'd guess he could go back to tv any time. This is his dream and he's still fairly young so he's going to keep giving it a try as long as he's healthy and if an opportunity comes along. I'd think ESPN/Fox will have a job for him whenever he's done.

I never understand why people hate this guy. He brought Denver to the playoffs. He would be a great backup.
I agree! I never understood why people hate Tebow. In his only opportunity in the NFL he reinvigorated the broncos and took them to the playoffs. In that time, Tebow showed he is one hell of a competitor. If nothing else, Tebow plays with more heart than most of the guys in the NFL and why he was successful at Florida and the Bronco's. Since his time with the Jets he has been made out to be a national joke and yet the guy lead a floundering team into the playoffs(broncos).
Everyone loves to see an underdog succeed including me, and I hope Tebow excels and at least gets the opportunity to pursue his dream. The guy has more class and moxie than 99% of the players in the NFL.

My closest friend is an Eagles fan and he's mostly ecstatic that Tebow's there. He hopes he can unseat Sanchez.

Tell me where Tebow has not been a media circus? Philadelphia is worse than them all.
Do you really think this is a good signing?

People for some reason expected Tebow to be a starter in those places. He hasn't had a lot of playing time in years, so no one expects him to start. Add in to the fact that everybody with a brain knows he's the #3 QB on the depth chart, and there's no reason to waste much time speaking about him. This isn't like TO in the 2004 and 2005 offseasons, there's nothing to see here (if he even makes the team or makes it to training camp).

I'm not really sure what the Philly media comments are about in the thread...those guys all suck. Within 2 days of the Tebow signing they were crying about having to cover another Thanksgiving game again this year and then cried about not being able to cover a team charity event at a local playground--they aren't exactly hard hitting press members. Even so, they have 6 other football related stories to talk about, leading off with "Why won't Chip talk to us!!!" that there is no way Tebow causes some sort of circus during the season.

Leaving the religion issue out of it, I think Tebow is considered a good influence in the locker-room and wherever he was his teammates liked him.For the money the Eagles probably will be paying him. a [positive presence in the locker-room might be a big help with all the changes being made in Philly.
Also he might be used in short yardage situations ?

he could be used with the new 2 pt conversion rule the NFL has. But more than likely Phil just needs some extra arms to throw to the WRs so that their guys on the 2 deep don't get sore arms from throwing so much.

Chip Kelly cementing his #1 spot on one of the NFL Channels top 10s - either:

Most Inventive/Genius Coaches or Coaches who had gone insane yet were still allowed to coach and make player personnel moves

I still can't figure out why the Cardinals didn't give him a shot when Carson Palmer went down. Especially considering the two stiffs they sent out into the playoffs.

I still can't figure out why the Cardinals didn't give him a shot when Carson Palmer went down. Especially considering the two stiffs they sent out into the playoffs.
Mostly because he can't hit the side of a barn and they are a pass happy team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT