ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Sunshields and the Mirrors on the James Webb Space Telescope Have Been Successfully Deployed

Do I get any days off work for believing in this shit?
Who is telling you to believe ? Nobody is dragging your Dog Crap carcass along for a joy ride ? If you really want to see what is taking place under Catalina Island know this. Extraterrestrials do in fact exist and there are many you probably have known in your life.

Reactions: 611george
Who is telling you to believe ? Nobody is dragging your Dog Crap carcass along for a joy ride ? If you really want to see what is taking place under Catalina Island know this. Extraterrestrials do in fact exist and there are many you probably have known in your life.

Can you ask the Extraterrestrials to stop the giant asteroid hurling towards earth as we speak! Ahhh!!!

Reactions: Jm0513
Well if you were paying attention you saw I mentioned one important thing “ about living your life to the fullest. “ I can only act as an intermediary on what is happening above and where someone if they so choose can possibly make contact in the extraterrestrials domain beneath Catalina Island. There are millions of the Novidians who came here and infiltrated the world’s population . Los Angeles has many actors , media , politicians and groups made up from this advanced race . They make up a large part of our government officials now. Who would think this possible? Watch the skies.

I did make several suggestions to the science delegation from the Mother ship regarding several posters on this board who may be skeptical about the Navidians mission and the exploration of our society. One thing to be aware of is the dissection room . Loaded with probes and crazy tools but don’t worry they make sure you are sedated. If you take the shuttle from Laguna Beach it will bring you directly into the marina on Catalina. From this point just ask for Al… they’ll understand.

Last edited:
I did make several suggestions to the science delegation from the Mother ship regarding several posters on this board who may be skeptical about the Navidians mission and the exploration of our society. One thing to be aware of is the dissection room . Loaded with probes and crazy tools but don’t worry they make sure you are sedated. If you take the shuttle from Laguna Beach it will bring you directly into the marina on Catalina. From this point just ask for Al… they’ll understand.
Wait...

Are these the BRANCH Navidians??

Also, where the hell is @Jm0513 with my dinner??

No these ET’s are legit . The Branch Davidians were a sect of lunatic religious fanatics nothing like Motain ( leader of their colony) and his staff of alien settlers.

Wait...

Are these the BRANCH Navidians??

Also, where the hell is @Jm0513 with my dinner??
Umm… I kind of can’t talk right now….
AfraidDesertedIridescentshark-max-1mb.gif

send help

Earth cannot sustain life indefinitely. Whether it's self inflicted destruction, comet/asteroid impact, or the eventual demise of our star, something will get us.

The great filter (part of the Fermi Paradox) is a list of things that a species must do to evolve to the point that they colonize another planet or moon. The galaxy may be filled with 1 planet civilizations. Civilizations that could not pass through the great filter. We could always kick the can down the road to future generations, but why not take some small measures now to at least attempt to ensure the preservation of consciousness.

Webb’s speed shortly after launch was roughly 5 miles/second. As of the time of this post it is traveling just under .2 miles/second, which is only slightly faster than a passenger jet at altitude.

Jliw2Ny.jpeg

Wait until you get the astrophoto bug and spend countless hours in the cold till 3am.
Having to fiddle around with software has prevented me from going down that rabbit hole. I just make sketches instead. You can of course see a lot more detail with long exposure photos but I don't think I'd get the same thrill looking at something being processed on a screen instead of seeing it live through my own eyes.

Webb’s speed shortly after launch was roughly 5 miles/second. As of the time of this post it is traveling just under .2 miles/second, which is only slightly faster than a passenger jet at altitude.
how lame. all that money and it's breaking down already?

Having to fiddle around with software has prevented me from going down that rabbit hole. I just make sketches instead. You can of course see a lot more detail with long exposure photos but I don't think I'd get the same thrill looking at something being processed on a screen instead of seeing it live through my own eyes.
Very Messier of you. I never did drawings, but I don't think I could. Seeing is great for sure, but there are few shots I took where you couldn't see anything visually and then when you post process something appears. A little bit of faith and science to make a picture. The veil nebula and rosette were like this.

Do any of you space nerds know anything about birth charts or are you just playing with your telescopes?🤓
I’m trying to find an astrologer to read mine.
Wrong thread?

• Haha
Reactions: RutHut
No these ET’s are legit . The Branch Davidians were a sect of lunatic religious fanatics nothing like Motain ( leader of their colony) and his staff of alien settlers.
Motain ?
Wasn't that Leslie West's group ?

Jliw2Ny.jpeg

Wait until you get the astrophoto bug and spend countless hours in the cold till 3am.

Did it. Let me see if I can post MY picture of that Orion Nebula. If you look close you can see a horizontal brown line along the bottom on a slightly upward angle. Too dim to be a plane. Probably too dim to be a satellite. Maybe a asteroid or some other non reflecting something.

That's why I always tell new guys to get binoculars and see if they like sitting outside in the cold before they spend $1K+ on a scope.

Finally figured it out. Orion, Refractors - Small one for tracking, M31, M81 & M82. Best by far is Orion. Great detail if you look close. (If I do say so myself) LOL.

VQm2qbE.jpg

hygYNnN.jpg

6dhM2yY.jpg

o3tkqG9.png

Last edited:
Do any of you space nerds know anything about birth charts or are you just playing with your telescopes?🤓
Wrong thread?

HA! Nope. I looked at Biorythms when I was a kid.

Astrology is not in my wheelhouse.

• Sad
Were you guys checking out Betelgeuse when it was going through those brightness oscillations ?
I thought we were going to get lucky when it was in the news.

HA! Nope. I looked at Biorythms when I was a kid.

Astrology is not in my wheelhouse.

Astrology doesn't really make any sense, given that it's based on a completely random association of stars and the observation of relationships such as "the moon is in Virgo", or some such, is entirely dependent on the point of observation, i.e. the moon wouldn't be in Virgo if you were on Mars.

Wrong thread?

But I do know I'm a Leo, baby. What's your sign? <wink wink wink>

• Haha
Did it. Let me see if I can post MY picture of that Orion Nebula.

That's why I always tell new guys to get binoculars and see if they like sitting outside in the cold before they spen $1K on a scope.
I tell people the same. It's boring and lonely. Also, if you want to brew beer, I hope you like washing dishes, because it's mostly that. ;)
7b0wBlh.jpeg

EUzy0eJ.jpeg

I tell people the same. It's boring and lonely. Also, if you want to brew beer, I hope you like washing dishes, because it's mostly that. ;)
7b0wBlh.jpeg

EUzy0eJ.jpeg
I like the details in the bottom pic.

Planets are so disappointing. Pretty sure it's because of the mag required through the atmo. I have a Jupiter with all four major moons and it's blurry too.

Yeah it's lonely. If you spend for a real mount, computer focus X 2, and observatory you might be able to do it remotely from in the house. $$$$. I used to run in to the house keep warm during long exposures. Even in the shed was freezing.

Once we retire and I get my backyard back I'll get back into it. Camera tech has just leaped forward since I was active. I think I spent $1300 on that Starshoot camera and it's worthless now. It's like 8MP maybe.

I love where this thread has gone. Back in the day, I used to listen to Art Bell then George Nouri on late night talk radio. They would discuss conspiracy and aliens among us related topics. I was never a true believer, just found the discussion amusing and enjoyable. Same for the Ancient Aliens TV series.

Hey, ever wonder why Presidents' hairs get very gray while in office? Hint: it isn't Putin! Ha ha.

Another popular talk radio fad back at the turn of the century were shows where the host or actors would discuss outrageous but plausible events prompting the gulluble(or actors or both) to call in and give their opinions. This might be a little of what is going on here on this thread.

Na Nu Nanu!

I like the details in the bottom pic.

Planets are so disappointing. Pretty sure it's because of the mag required through the atmo. I have a Jupiter with all four major moons and it's blurry too.

Yeah it's lonely. If you spend for a real mount, computer focus X 2, and observatory you might be able to do it remotely from in the house. $$$$. I used to run in to the house keep warm during long exposures. Even in the shed was freezing.

Once we retire and I get my backyard back I'll get back into it. Camera tech has just leaped forward since I was active. I think I spent $1300 on that Starshoot camera and it's worthless now. It's like 8MP maybe.
I used to shoot a DLSR with the IR filter removed. Still have it. I also recently bought a planetary camera, but haven't used it. I look forward to when I do all the things I used to do.

Those shots are in Monmouth County so the light pollution is pretty bad.

One trick I learned to help with the cold was a bottle of bourbon. Nothing the neighbors like to see more than a guy drinking liquor pointing a telescope somewhere.

I always chuckle when I hear folks who haven't worked in the industry make bold statements like this ... Why doesn't Webb have cameras? Why don't we just fly to Webb and fix it? These are the same folks who then go NASA hasn't done crap since the 60s

Lots to unravel with a trip to L2 ... human psychology, ECLSS systems that are closed loop, radiation protection, mission redundancy plans that have never been thought of, let alone tested ... just the tip of the iceberg there ... what are they going to do when they get there? Was the hardware designed to be attended by crew? Are there handholds on the telescope? What's our MMOD model predict? Are we going untethered?

I'm a fan of SpaceX and exploration in general, and perfectly fine to dream ... heck I think Elon can be the one to make bold statements such as getting to Mars with his Red Dragon by 2022 ... He understands what it takes, the systems, and likely makes these statements to motivate himself and his workers
these 4 have it covered, brah...

3 chicks and a guy with a canned-ham.

I used to shoot a DLSR with the IR filter removed. Still have it. I also recently bought a planetary camera, but haven't used it. I look forward to when I do all the things I used to do.

Those shots are in Monmouth County so the light pollution is pretty bad.

One trick I learned to help with the cold was a bottle of bourbon. Nothing the neighbors like to see more than a guy drinking liquor pointing a telescope somewhere.

You should be able to filter a lot out for long exposures. Can't remember exactly how but a light pollution filter maybe. Long exposures won't care if you cut done some of the target light too.

Wrong thread?

Oh hey I just remembered I can do Astrological Charts.

<Read this in a mysterious voice>

Yoooooouuuu're gooooing to meeeeet a guuuuuy named Bleeeeeeem. Yoooouuuuuuu wiiiiiiiilll Kiiiiiiissssssssss hiiiiiim.

Done.

@Bleem Phuppert

Very Messier of you. I never did drawings, but I don't think I could. Seeing is great for sure, but there are few shots I took where you couldn't see anything visually and then when you post process something appears. A little bit of faith and science to make a picture. The veil nebula and rosette were like this.
I started doing the sketches mainly as a record of what I've seen, especially in the beginning when finding anything by star-hopping felt like an achievement. I have since upgraded my telescope and have ServoCat, so finding things isn't a challenge anymore, but I still kind of like the sketches as a reminder of what things looked like while looking at it with my own eyes. Perhaps someday I'll run out of things I can see through Central Jersey's light pollution and will get into astrophotography, but I'm just coming up on two years into the hobby so I have a while to go before I reach that point.

7b0wBlh.jpeg

EUzy0eJ.jpeg
Ha I brew beer too and you're definitely right about that. Here are some of my sketches of things that have been recently posted. I wouldn't consider myself artistic at all, but like I tell people, you don't need to be Rembrandt to smear some dust around with a Q-tip.

126232489_10113520521328759_499002668861382167_n.jpg

186528749_10114179666995559_3930177402815619336_n.jpg

Wrong thread?

not really....just funny i just saw this...

...I used to run in to the house keep warm during long exposures. Even in the shed was freezing.

The plains of Texas give absolutely delightful views of the night skies, and (word has it) are equipped with accommodating bunkers rather than sheds. Red paint is available everywhere.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Oh hey I just remembered I can do Astrological Charts.

<Read this in a mysterious voice>

Yoooooouuuu're gooooing to meeeeet a guuuuuy named Bleeeeeeem. Yoooouuuuuuu wiiiiiiiilll Kiiiiiiissssssssss hiiiiiim.

Done.

@Bleem Phuppert
I believe this post garnered the first like from Bleem in his illustrious history. Congratulations!

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85

Yeah I checked yesterday and had to do the km/sec into mph. Was doing like 770mph at the time. I guess the best plan is to coast it to L2 to minimize use of propellent to stop . I'm assuming it's still leaving Earth's gravity well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT