ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The War for Central Jersey's Identity is On

I could live with Plainfield being a part of Central Jersey

No town in Morris County is CNJ though

I lived in Rahway and considered it North Jersey , but a mile away was Woodbridge Township which most consider CNJ
Proud - How about Long Hill ?
Borders I believe Warren and the kids go to watching hills

So a bill passed on Tuesday naming Hunterdon, Somerset, Mercer and Middlesex part of will be Central New Jersey. How is Mercer included, but not Monmouth?

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
So a bill passed on Tuesday naming Hunterdon, Somerset, Mercer and Middlesex part of will be Central New Jersey. How is Mercer included, but not Monmouth?
Because the bill is regarding the NJ Tourism Map: https://visitnj.org/new-jersey-cities-regions

The Division of Travel and Tourism shall re-draw the State tourism map to create a “Central Jersey” region comprised, at a minimum of the counties of Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, and Somerset, and to incorporate the “Central Jersey” region in all regional marketing activities, including in publications and on the VisitNJ.org website.

So the bill requires the Division of Travel & Tourism to pull Hunterdon and Somerset counties out of the Skylands tourism region, Middlesex County out of the Gateway tourism region, and Mercer County out of the Delaware River tourism region, and combine them into a Central Jersey tourism region.

Monmouth County, with so much tourism based around shore towns, is in the Shore tourism region.

It doesn't seem to make sense to put Monmouth in the Central Jersey tourism region, unless the county is divided in half. So maybe they could put Eastern Monmouth County in the Shore tourism region and Western Monmouth in the Central Jersey tourism region.

Because the bill is regarding the NJ Tourism Map: https://visitnj.org/new-jersey-cities-regions

So the bill requires the Division of Travel & Tourism to pull Hunterdon and Somerset counties out of the Skylands tourism region, Middlesex County out of the Gateway tourism region, and Mercer County out of the Delaware River tourism region, and combine them into a Central Jersey tourism region.

Monmouth County, with so much tourism based around shore towns, is in the Shore tourism region.

It doesn't seem to make sense to put Monmouth in the Central Jersey tourism region, unless the county is divided in half. So maybe they could put Eastern Monmouth County in the Shore tourism region and Western Monmouth in the Central Jersey tourism region.
Who cares fix our taxes

Yeah, that site needs a bit of an overhaul. Just for Flemington/Hunterdon - Liberty Village is dead and never coming back. I’m sure there are many other changes that need to be reflected.

Reactions: MoreCowbellRU

"Central Jersey" should be Middlesex, Union and Somerset Counties. If you want to throw Mercer County in there too, I wouldn't fight about it. I agree that, in practice, Monmouth County should also be in the Central Jersey region, but I can understand leaving it in the Shore region for tourism branding purposes.

Rutgers football gets it. . . . .
@RU4Real , @knightfan7 , @koleszar , @kupuna133 , @e5fdny - validated!!!!
If Central Jersey exists, then so does Atlantis.

confused kyle broflovski GIF by South Park

🤣🤣🤣

NJ Tourism is a $45 billion industry, supports 8% of the state’s workforce and generates $5 billion in state and local taxes. So, yeah, it matters a little bit what Trenton does to support and grow it.

Today, we settled the debate once and for all that Central Jersey exists
With legislation signed on Thursday, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy declared the middle part of the state as ‘Central Jersey. ‘Four counties make up the legally defined ‘Central Jersey’: Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex and Somerset.

Wish he would fix the real issues in New Jersey like taxes and crime.

A group of us are going to sue (class action) the state of NJ. This nonsense of Central Jersey has cause mental health problems because you make something that doesn't exist into fact.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Reactions: Section124
If there is a Central Jersey (and there is not 😀 ), it would need to include at least parts of northern/western Monmouth county. Can't just define by county line.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
I am a Maryland native. When I came to NJ I lived in Mercer County, then went south to Gloucester County (now I mostly live in Atlantic City).

In my opinion, Central Jersey exists...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT