ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I just type in the letters “tard” with RU numbers handle the word “ ra tard or retard “is all over the place.

I’m not about the cancel culture, but certainly feel if someone is being helmed as any type of educator, using those types of words would not be idea in front of students or coworkers. Words have meaning.

I can spend more time trying to prove you called me a ****tard, but honestly I’ll just save my time and give you an apology instead. I’m sorry for my accusation.

Reactions: bac2therac
As for numbers he deserves some slack from all of us including me. Like I said he did respond to me . Answered my questions and I feel was only trying to bring about some common sense Logic. Cut the man a break. He did not cause the pandemic. He did not cause the mass of mis information and confusion. We all were complicit to an extent. I just hope we can have all parties work together going forward without retribution becoming another defining issue amongst us all.
You are misunderstanding what I wrote if you think I’m giving RU#s a hard time here. He and I are close friends. He and his wife and son are like family to me.

Reactions: Greg2020
Well, I’m sitting on a phone with my chubby fingers to loom it up, not fun.

My point is that you have the ability to do so, in just a simple search here is one when you call Cali f$cktrd, most likely for having a differing opinion.

If I just type in the letters “tard” with RU numbers handle the word “ ra tard or retard “is all over the place.

I’m not about the cancel culture, but certainly feel if someone is being helmed as any type of educator, using those types of words would not be idea in front of students or coworkers. Words have meaning.

I can spend more time trying to prove you called me a ****tard, but honestly I’ll just save my time and give you an apology instead. I’m sorry for my accusation.

Yes, I have called Cali and one or two of the absolutely crazy far righties, who are full on QAnon and/or troll threads incessantly and/or call the POTUS "King Trump," fukktards on occasion and will continue to do so, especially when they start the namecalling, as was the case in the post you linked. You're not in that category IMO.

Also, you're talking about the CE board, where there is far less decorum on namecalling. I thought you were talking about one of the COVID threads, where I'm extraordinarily careful about not namecalling (I'm sure it's happened once or twice), as I don't like to derail those threads, as they've been locked/deleted/moved at times. I think you'd also agree that very little "teaching" goes on on the CE board.

Thanks for the apology and if I called you a name at any point where it wasn't in response to namecalling by you, then you have my apology in advance.

You are misunderstanding what I wrote if you think I’m giving RU#s a hard time here. He and I are close friends. He and his wife and son are like family to me.
I wasn’t referring to you . I was asking all , including myself. If you took that personally that’s a misunderstanding. Sorry

I wasn’t referring to you . I was asking all , including myself. If you took that personally that’s a misunderstanding. Sorry
I have multiple personality disorder. Makes it impossible for me to take anything personally. 😉

Reactions: Jm0513
Well, now that this thread is as active as the other COVID thread, figured I'd post this here, also...

Interesting data out of Israel with regard to both incredible vaccination rate success (nearly 30% vaccinated so far and cases having dropped over 20% in recent days) and strong indications that the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine will lead to greatly reduced virus transmission rates (in addition to achieving the primary goal of nearly no severe COVID infections).

Israel did a fantastic job in both obtaining a large number of vaccine doses, paying a premium for these, and in utilizing their army and health care system to orchestrate an incredibly efficient vaccine rollout. That's easier to do in a country like Israel, where the military is deeply enmeshed in all aspects of life there.

With regard to the Pfizer vaccine's effectiveness, Israel and Pfizer have partnered closely to obtain a wealth of early data on a large number of people who have been vaccinated. Perhaps the most encouraging finding is that over 100 health care workers who received the vaccine were shown to have up to 20X the level of neutralizing antibodies (active against the virus), as compared to infected/recovered patients.

There is strong speculation that this high level of antibodies will greatly reduce the ability of the virus to replicate in numbers high enough to lead to significant transmission to other people, which would be fantastic. The jury is still out on that, but it's a great sign.

https://www.businessinsider.com/israel-has-vaccinated-27-of-its-population-for-covid-19-2021-1

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...vent-transmission-coronavirus-others-israeli/

Well, now that this thread is as active as the other COVID thread, figured I'd post this here, also...

Interesting data out of Israel with regard to both incredible vaccination rate success (nearly 30% vaccinated so far and cases having dropped over 20% in recent days) and strong indications that the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine will lead to greatly reduced virus transmission rates (in addition to achieving the primary goal of nearly no severe COVID infections).

Israel did a fantastic job in both obtaining a large number of vaccine doses, paying a premium for these, and in utilizing their army and health care system to orchestrate an incredibly efficient vaccine rollout. That's easier to do in a country like Israel, where the military is deeply enmeshed in all aspects of life there.

With regard to the Pfizer vaccine's effectiveness, Israel and Pfizer have partnered closely to obtain a wealth of early data on a large number of people who have been vaccinated. Perhaps the most encouraging finding is that over 100 health care workers who received the vaccine were shown to have up to 20X the level of neutralizing antibodies (active against the virus), as compared to infected/recovered patients.

There is strong speculation that this high level of antibodies will greatly reduce the ability of the virus to replicate in numbers high enough to lead to significant transmission to other people, which would be fantastic. The jury is still out on that, but it's a great sign.

https://www.businessinsider.com/israel-has-vaccinated-27-of-its-population-for-covid-19-2021-1

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...vent-transmission-coronavirus-others-israeli/
That's good news. Let's hope it pans out.

Reactions: Greg2020
Way to sensationalize this story. Show one scientific source that says there were deaths known to be "due to" the vaccine. Deaths in very old and very frail people are certainly a concern and should be investigated, but it's just as likely that these deaths were coincidental, as per the BMJ article below. There was no indication in the elderly in the clinical trials that the vaccines would be dangerous to any of these people. As per the post below (and the Derek Lowe blog excerpt/link), it was predicted that some unscrupulous media types/anti-vaxxers, like yourself, would start spewing this kind of crap and now we're seeing it. I'm sure you'll bring more such posts to these threads in an attempt to scare people.

“It may be a coincidence, but we aren’t sure,” Steinar Madsen, medical director of the Norwegian Medicines Agency (NOMA), told The BMJ. “There is no certain connection between these deaths and the vaccine.”

The agency has investigated 13 of the deaths so far and concluded that common adverse reactions of mRNA vaccines, such as fever, nausea, and diarrhoea, may have contributed to fatal outcomes in some of the frail patients.

“There is a possibility that these common adverse reactions, that are not dangerous in fitter, younger patients and are not unusual with vaccines, may aggravate underlying disease in the elderly,” Madsen said. “We are not alarmed or worried about this, because these are very rare occurrences and they occurred in very frail patients with very serious disease,” he emphasised. “We are now asking for doctors to continue with the vaccination, but to carry out extra evaluation of very sick people whose underlying condition might be aggravated by it.” This evaluation includes discussing the risks and benefits of vaccination with the patient and their families to decide whether or not vaccination is the best course.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n149

This is for the folks who jumped to conclusions about the vaccine causing deaths in the elderly in Norway: Norwegian medical experts now say that there is no connection between the vaccine and the deaths.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/wor...ch-vaccine-and-deaths-in-care-homes-1.1149513

Reactions: RocktheRac
Ummm....so the Vaccine registration site or something is broken.

I have a bunch of extended family and friends who were able to make appointments within the next couple of days.
None of them should be eligible yet.
One is a healthy 20 year old college girl.
Two are 24 year old perfectly healthy guys.

My wife and I are opting out of jumping ahead in line but.....it's very tempting to get an appt and get the vaccine sooner than waiting months (we are back of the line).

Something about the Atlantic Health website and Rockaway location is what they were saying.

I have a bunch of extended family and friends who were able to make appointments within the next couple of days.

My wife and I are opting out of jumping ahead in line but.....it's very tempting to get an appt and get the vaccine sooner than waiting months (we are back of the line).

The registration site really only tells you when you are eligible. You still need to schedule an actual appointment at a vaccination site separately.

The registration site really only tells you when you are eligible. You still need to schedule an actual appointment at a vaccination site separately.

They all scheduled actual appointments. All by this weekend. I saw screenshots of their date and time appointment confirmations.

When scheduling an appointment, is it just honor system?

Is there anything from someone just scheduling an appointment and lieing about their job or health conditions?

They all scheduled actual appointments. All by this weekend. I saw screenshots of their date and time appointment confirmations.

Is there anything from someone just scheduling an appointment and lieing about their job or health conditions?
You just need to hold up a pack of Marlboros.

They would have lied about their age or their job 1A or 1B or one of the medical condition maybe smokers. They might be all smokers. I sign up for the site and you had to answer a questionnaire. Nobody contacted me back about an appointment.

• Sad
Reactions: Jm0513 and Greg2020

Gotcha, yeah it’s honor system. And if they are going and healthy make sure you tell them that they are scumbags.

Maybe they’re smokers?

Show your work. Unless I'm missing something (and I looked), I never called you a fukktard. So, unless you can find a post where I called you a fukktard, you owe me an apology. There was a post, linked below, where I called Representative Greene a fukktard and then included a passage from Wiki showing what a QAnon nutbjob she is.

You then replied saying, "oh boy, back to the long post...just send a link next time, its more likely to be read." which is odd, because my actual post was only 3 lines long, which is short for me. It also wasn't particularly "constructive" - it was simply critical with a dismissive tone. But I never even responded to it and certainly didn't call you a fukktard.

Also, 99.9% of the time I include the link, but not always from wiki, if I say it's from wiki, since I assume that's so easy to look up. In addition, most people I know like seeing a passage from a link that the poster thinks is relevant, rather than just a link, since the link could refer to so many different elements.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...achment-against-joe-biden.209555/post-4900966
That poster lies about numerous things that other posters say.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I don’t think I would fake being a smoker to get the vaccine . There is a chance of the insurance company’s finding out . Not good if you’re ever going to need life insurance or purchase medical insurance someday .

I don’t think I would fake being a smoker to get the vaccine . There is a chance of the insurance company’s finding out . Not good if you’re ever going to need life insurance or purchase medical insurance someday .

This--

Plus Karma. Wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing that I received it before some elderly or sick person.

There are people out there undergoing chemo who still can't get the vaccine. If I had a friend or family member who was doing this. I would publicly call them out for it. Its not right.

No offense Nick, but these are shitty people. Only a very selfish person with no conscience would do that. I'm glad you and your wife are waiting. That is the right thing to do.

Last edited:
I was watching CNN today and Wolf was interviewing the Mayor of Atlanta, and she said she was shocked that Hank passed. She had seen him in good spirits and doing well on Jan. 5th when both Hank and her took their 1st COVID vaccine shot. Now, 17 days later, there hasn't been a cause of death, too soon, no doubt, but also no mention of him even taking the COVID vaccine!! That won't work well with the Biden plan to vaccinate 1.5 million sheep a day. Sorry, color this guy a moron who will take a hard pass until there's more proof this is safe and is worth the risk for something they can't even say will work for longer than 6 months!!!!

Amazing...I have not even thought of getting the vaccine...figuring I won’t be even close to my turn until late spring or summer. My fear is how showing some evidence of getting these shots will be the way into events I actually give a **** about. Ugh...

I was watching CNN today and Wolf was interviewing the Mayor of Atlanta, and she said she was shocked that Hank passed. She had seen him in good spirits and doing well on Jan. 5th when both Hank and her took their 1st COVID vaccine shot. Now, 17 days later, there hasn't been a cause of death, too soon, no doubt, but also no mention of him even taking the COVID vaccine!! That won't work well with the Biden plan to vaccinate 1.5 million sheep a day. Sorry, color this guy a moron who will take a hard pass until there's more proof this is safe and is worth the risk for something they can't even say will work for longer than 6 months!!!!

Thanks for posting the same moronic crap in both Covid threads. Really dragging down the collective IQ of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT