ADVERTISEMENT

Parking Selection Times Announced

Why? I know I can get into every lot that I want. RU put out a PP chart that shows how many people are at each level of PP. They have gone out of their way to be transparent here.
Get back to me when you can back up your stupid comment. I can guarantee to you there are first time season ticket holders getting into the Scarlet Lot every year. I've had beers with them .

You didn't know the names in order in the old system either. You were at the mercy of what they told you the availability was. I would say that's far less transparent than the current system.

Do you manage your finances with a pen and paper or do you use some form of electronic banking? One is more efficient than the other.

Rutgers has created an efficiency for their business.

If you think clicking a few buttons on a computer is hard, I'm not sure how you deal with the QR code menus at restaurants, touch screen payments at takeout counters, or the tap (NFC) payment/ticket scanners.

Get with the times, technology is good.
You could select you parking preference before with your tickets. This technology is making everyone do more work. You need to get with reality you clown

Reactions: bac2therac
Get back to me when you can back up your stupid comment. I can guarantee to you there are first time season ticket holders getting into the Scarlet Lot every year. I've had beers with them .
They could've donated the required amount or bought on secondary market. They got rid of the priority points minimums for each lot.

If you pay you get your lot assuming there's availability.

One of my friends that's a first time STH doesn't get to pick til next Friday but I told them as long as you pay the donation there will likely be a spot for them.

It's not Rutgers fault that Rutgers fans are cheap. Pay up and get whatever lot you want.

• Haha
Reactions: WhiteBus
I do. The guys who donate the most over time. I know how much I give and I got to pick today. Given the amount of spaces left, it matches where I am for PP.
I'll throw my clown hat into the ring.
I did not have to go this route. My rep took care of everything. He even asked me if I needed additional parking passes for my lot. Probably has something to do with my donation level. But a couple of the NILwits on this board tell me I am a bad fan.

You could select you parking preference before with your tickets. This technology is making everyone do more work. You need to get with reality you clown
Key word is preference..but you didn't actually see the selection process so how do you know it was legit? You want transparency yet you would rather used the veiled method.

What if before, the lot you wanted was available and they just told you it wasnt? How would you ever know?

• Haha
Reactions: WhiteBus
LOL. That’s what this is about? You know you can buy scarlet passes on the 2ndary market. Better yet, how do you know they didn’t donate a boat load of money to the school before buying the tickets?

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
I don't mind the new site but I hate the scheduled times. FOMO does kick in to some degree. I historically travel on business a lot (even out of the country) / spend a lot of time in meetings. Also, the fact I can't do it on my phone is an issue if I only have my work laptop (and RU site is blocked). Luckily my donation level has me early on but would prefer a system where I could make my selections earlier and kick in when my time hits.

A couple of things bother me about the site:

1) no phone support
2) if you click on the name of the lot, you can't select it. I should be able to either click on the name or the color

I did not have to go this route. My rep took care of everything. He even asked me if I needed additional parking passes for my lot. Probably has something to do with my donation level. But a couple of the NILwits on this board tell me I am a bad fan.
Had the same experience -- just call your rep-- contrary to some on here the reps are very helpful

Had the same experience -- just call your rep-- contrary to some on here the reps are very helpful
For the first few years of having my own tickets I had no communication or idea who my rep was. The last several years has been fantastic. They are super attentive and helpful.

My rep helped me out too, because I was at work and blocked for some reason. The rep I have had for the past year has been outstanding.

My rep helped me out too, because I was at work and blocked for some reason. The rep I have had for the past year has been outstanding.
This was exactly my point. Because the parking is now effectively automated, the reps can be available for more pressing and nuanced questions to better serve their customer base.

Reactions: rutgersal
I'll simply never understand why people use phones over laptops, unless one is out of the house or office. Tiny real estate vs. huge real estate where one can see so much more and have so many more windows/tabs open for easy navigation. Took me all of 2 minutes to do the parking lot selection - 3 in yellow again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT