ADVERTISEMENT

Peacock sucks

The camera angle is awful. They don't even include the WR at the top of the screen in the shot before the ball is snapped. They struggle tracking the ball during the punt.

The ND announcer called us Rutger. Then he called Wisconsin's coach, Coach Pickle twice. Shitty product.

Does Peacock have different cameras?
Are we sure it’s not just where the stadium has camera locations?

I’m not sure how it works.
If next week Wisconsin game is on Fox - is the camera setup completely different?

Reactions: PSU_Nut
My only issue was rewinding and fast forwarding on Roku.

I didn’t like that you couldn’t see the screen when fast forwarding or rewinding. Kept going back too far than I wanted.

Hopefully they are taking these into consideration for next seasons

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
Other than the announcers being less than great, I had no issues either.

I watched it on the xfinity peacock app and had no issues. Could pause, rewind and even fast forward thru commercials.

Very pleasantly surprised

Maybe it was me. I have xfinity . Very choppy on way to breaks and etc. lots of dead time looking at shows like the voice

I streamed via FIOS, but hardwired to my router. No complaints and trust me, I rarely have anything good to say about FIOS.

Peacock definitely has some work to do. People already mentioned the glitchiness.

After commercials, always had the stupid be right back Peacock thing, and missed play switching back to the broadcast.

Is there a reason scores from other games not displayed?

Watched on smart tv app, Verizon FIOS my cable provider.

Reactions: Plum Street
No. Choppy lead ins to breaks. Blank screens with being right back.
Did you watch the game on peacock?

Yea of course.
Blank screen vs a commercial is immaterial to me.
Seeing “watch Fast X next in Peacock” or a regular tv commercial is the same thing

Didn’t notice choppy lead ins but also don’t usually listen to the announcers or care what they are saying.

Firestick app crashed 9 times in first half so I watched on my phone. I probably need more than my 30mb bandwidth to get the 5mb I actually need to watch in HD, but other devices stream perfectly. Not sure if firestick tries to buffer at higher rates then my service or if Fios is throttling this device.

What really sucks though is not being able to time shift an away game efficiently.

How many people clicked on “Rutgers” and got an Iowa game instead? Like happened with “free tv” a couple weeks ago?

On the RU’s 1st series they didn’t show down and distance. The announcer sound like they were watching it from home.

Btn is not “free”. You are a moron 😂
BTN might be considered free by some people ,if it's part of a program program package you pay for and not something you pay extra to add on to that programing

Free tv…cbs, fox , abc . All way better broadcasts than what I saw from a subscriber based peacock today.
Is that slow enough ?

Got it. Didn’t realize you were using an attennea. For most people, that’s not free tv and they are paid for.
Channels we’re never on don’t really matter to me.
So I can’t really comment on the comparison.

Is BTN better than Fox and ABC?
Since that’s subscriber based as well.

Got it. Didn’t realize you were using an attennea. For most people, that’s not free tv and they are paid for.
Channels we’re never on don’t really matter to me.
So I can’t really comment on the comparison.

Is BTN better than Fox and ABC?
Since that’s subscriber based as well.
So it was slow enough for you ?

Reactions: NickRU714
So it was slow enough for you ?

What do you mean slow?
It looked exactly like a regular tv broadcast. No lagging or anything.
No slow motion or glitches.

Note: I watched it on Peacock through Xfinity cable (just like we do Netflix or Disney+). So it literally the same wire going from the wall to the cable box that provided the feed.

Oh!!! Hahaha I am slow it turns out. I thought you meant the broadcast was slow enough not your response.
jim halpert GIF

Reactions: Plum Street
What do you mean slow?
It looked exactly like a regular tv broadcast. No lagging or anything.
No slow motion or glitches.

Note: I watched it on Peacock through Xfinity cable (just like we do Netflix or Disney+). So it literally the same wire going from the wall to the cable box that provided the feed.

Oh!!! Hahaha I am slow it turns out. I thought you meant the broadcast was slow enough not your response.
jim halpert GIF
Lol
Ok we can agree to disagree . I thought the production and delivery could have been better.
Oh well ! Would have been better to be arguing about this after a win

Reactions: NickRU714
Streaming via the peacock app on my TV sucked, very jittery and the audo and video sync was odd.

Switched to peacock app on Xbox, that was better, no jitter or sync issues. But had periodic freezes.

Peacock app on iPad worked fine.

Checked my internet and it was close to 1 gig up/down wired, about 450 wifi. So… yeah, seemed to be the app quality on android or Xbox.

Was a good game to have crappy streaming quality.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Streaming via the peacock app on my TV sucked, very jittery and the audo and video sync was odd.

Switched to peacock app on Xbox, that was better, no jitter or sync issues. But had periodic freezes.

Checked my internet and it was close to 1 gig up/down wired, about 450 wifi. So… yeah, seemed to be the app quality on android or Xbox.

Used the big tv for split screen of other games but had our game on my iPad and had no issues.

What do you mean crappy streaming quality? Streaming is usually better quality than through your cable with the compressed video. I run apps side to side with cable and the streaming picture always higher definition. Like any service it could have glitches at times. Sounds like you and others need devices like Apple TV or Verizon Stream. Firesticks suck and Roku is better.

Also for those complaining about the be right back messages that is the local commercial times. Since you are using an app you only get the National commercials. Would you prefer watching commercials?

Peacock definitely has some work to do. People already mentioned the glitchiness.

After commercials, always had the stupid be right back Peacock thing, and missed play switching back to the broadcast.

Is there a reason scores from other games not displayed?

Watched on smart tv app, Verizon FIOS my cable provider.
Looks like plum nailed it again

Used the big tv for split screen of other games but had our game on my iPad and had no issues.
I’m gonna get a new TV. When I thought about it more, I realized that the ESPN app also struggles on this TV. Plus I want to move to 85” for my family room. I think, due to its age, my current family room TV is just a bit too slow and lower quality apps struggle on it.

Gonna start researching new ones.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
I’m gonna get a new TV. When I thought about it more, I realized that the ESPN app also struggles on this TV. Plus I want to move to 85” for my family room. I think, due to its age, my current family room TV is just a bit too slow and lower quality apps struggle on it.

Gonna start researching new ones.
I’ve become partial to LG now after having only bought Samsungs before. Last tv I bought was a LG OLED and it’s pretty good so far after about 1.5 years (still relatively new). Don’t like the pointer cursor but if you press down it just turns into a “normal” cursor. Another family has had a LG OLED for about 4 years and likes it too. They update their OS and apps far more than Samsung ever did, which was almost never

Reactions: mildone
What do you mean crappy streaming quality? Streaming is usually better quality than through your cable with the compressed video. I run apps side to side with cable and the streaming picture always higher definition. Like any service it could have glitches at times. Sounds like you and others need devices like Apple TV or Verizon Stream. Firesticks suck and Roku is better.

Also for those complaining about the be right back messages that is the local commercial times. Since you are using an app you only get the National commercials. Would you prefer watching commercials?
I mean that when players were moving, the video became jittery. Resolution was fine, the “picture” was sharp. And when nobody was moving, there was no problem.

The Xbox had none of those issues, but it would freeze up every so often, like it was buffering. Except the internet and Wi-Fi speeds were more than sufficient.

So I’m guessing it was Android app sluggishness on the Sony TV, MSFT app sluggishness on the Xbox. The iOS app seemed okay.

Reactions: Section124
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT