ADVERTISEMENT

Peacock sucks

I’ve become partial to LG now after having only bought Samsungs before. Last tv I bought was a LG OLED and it’s pretty good so far after about 1.5 years (still relatively new). Don’t like the pointer cursor but if you press down it just turns into a “normal” cursor. Another family has had a LG OLED for about 4 years and likes it too. They update their OS and apps far more than Samsung ever did, which was almost never
I’m okay with Samsung, Sony, and LG. Have had TVs and large computer monitors from all three brands and all have worked well.

But OS developers and app developers are not very motivated to write highly optimized software. Because, by not optimizing new versions of apps and new releases of OS‘s to the Nth degree, consumers are encouraged to do what I’m doing, go out and replace the TV to get faster, more powerful hardware.

Is a semi-subtle form of planned obsolescence. Frequent software updates can be a good thing, when they fix issues or add features without compromising performance. But eventually, they compromise performance.

A while back, Apple was pushing the limits of acceptability with that approach and customers pushed back. IOS updates were rendering older iPhones and iPads unusable slow. Apple has since self-corrected and made the impacts of updates on performance more subtle.

They all do it. My Sony is showing signs of age, so I’ll move it to another room and replace it. Someone said to use. a Firestick or Apple TV device, and that makes sense because they’re way cheaper to replace with new hardware than TVs.

I went to watch RU game expecting the usual hunt of networks on YTTV only to find game was on Peacock (never heard of it). Then I went to watch Colorado vs Arizona St and found I needed PAC 12 streaming on FUBO. I miss the old ESPN3 days

I’m okay with Samsung, Sony, and LG. Have had TVs and large computer monitors from all three brands and all have worked well.

But OS developers and app developers are not very motivated to write highly optimized software. Because, by not optimizing new versions of apps and new releases of OS‘s to the Nth degree, consumers are encouraged to do what I’m doing, go out and replace the TV to get faster, more powerful hardware.

Is a semi-subtle form of planned obsolescence. Frequent software updates can be a good thing, when they fix issues or add features without compromising performance. But eventually, they compromise performance.

A while back, Apple was pushing the limits of acceptability with that approach and customers pushed back. IOS updates were rendering older iPhones and iPads unusable slow. Apple has since self-corrected and made the impacts of updates on performance more subtle.

They all do it. My Sony is showing signs of age, so I’ll move it to another room and replace it. Someone said to use. a Firestick or Apple TV device, and that makes sense because they’re way cheaper to replace with new hardware than TVs.
That’s exactly what I’ve done. Firestick can have issues though so I don’t care for that option as much anymore. Apple TV or Nvidia have been okay for the most part. I’m sure Roku is probably okay too.

Not just the announcers . But what a choppy broadcast. This is a joke.
Do you still hear those weird beeps and screeching sounds when connecting to the internet? If the answer is yes, it really is time to ditch the dial up connection and upgrade.

• Haha
Reactions: mildone
I have a smart tv, but I prefer to use my firestick for things like this game. Quick and easy to leave the direction Peacock and switch TV inputs back and forth to catch parts of other games.

Thought it was very good picture wise. Was able to watch on my flight down to Myrtle.

I think the second half broadcast didn't start till a few minutes in, don't know if that was what happened for everyone

Not just the announcers . But what a choppy broadcast. This is a joke.

I had the same problem.

My other streaming services where fine during the same time-frame but something was up with Peacock, Verizon and/or the LG-Peacock app all game long. I even did a speed test on my TV ... it was 105/mbs. Very annoying.

Reactions: Plum Street
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT