ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: who had the worst Week 1: Giants or Jets?

who had the worst Week 1: Giants or Jets?

• Giants lose their dignity to the Cowboys 40-0

Votes: 48 43.6%
  • Jets beat the Bills in OT but lose their QB

Votes: 62 56.4%

• Total voters
The Jets have a very good running game, and I think the Giants abandoned the running game too early against the Cowboys because it was working on that first drive.

However, watching the Cowboy pass rush and thinking about the Jets OLine is pretty scary. Wilson makes bad decisions with a clean pocket, it is hard to imagine that the Cowboys don’t get a few easy scores or short fields to work with against the Jets.
The giants were forced to abandon the run early as they were down 16-0 halfway through the first quarter.

Though Dallas also made adjustments.

If I’m Dallas, I’m stacking 7-8 in the box the entire game vs the jets, taking away the run and forcing Wilson to beat them with his arm. Between Micah and co breathing down his neck with pressure and Diggs/Gilmore covering each side…. Sheeeeeesh. Good luck

The Jets have a very good running game, and I think the Giants abandoned the running game too early against the Cowboys because it was working on that first drive.

However, watching the Cowboy pass rush and thinking about the Jets OLine is pretty scary. Wilson makes bad decisions with a clean pocket, it is hard to imagine that the Cowboys don’t get a few easy scores or short fields to work with against the Jets.
Time to install the veer.

How dumb do you have to be to think your anecdote backs up your point? I already said most Jets fans thought they had a chance THIS year, but it was the first time in ten years they felt that way.

Stop digging and just take the L.

You typed “Jets fans think they are going to win the SB every year”, which was completely wrong, except for maybe “the Jets fans you know”, who are probably not very smart if they associate with you and are not indicative of the fanbase.
I'm not digging. What I said is MY experience from the fans I know. That's different from you I suppose. The another thing that different is they don't start a retort being being a "D-I-C-K Dick, Dick, Dick".... and calling somebody dumb or stupid.
You're clearly not somebody I care to exchange with so "see yeah".

Long,long,long time Jet fan here and I almost never think we had a chance at winning the SB. The only time I thought we had some hope was when Parcells was coach.
That being said if the Jets could get to the AFC championship game twice with Mark Sanchez as QB and the buffoon who was the coach then it's possible with Wilson.

"Now let's go eat a G** damn snack!!!"
and you're reply is exactly why I respect your comments as much as I always have .

Reactions: colbert17
The giants were forced to abandon the run early as they were down 16-0 halfway through the first quarter.

If I’m Dallas, I’m stacking 7-8 in the box the entire game vs the jets, taking away the run and forcing Wilson to beat them with his arm. Between Micah and co breathing down his neck with pressure and Diggs/Gilmore covering each side…. Sheeeeeesh. Good luck
16-0 mid first quarter (especially the way it happened) is way too early to abandon a strength.

The Patriots had the same deficit and didn’t panic and made their game a nail-biter at the end.

I like this new "bad win" mentality people are finally embracing.

There have been numerous times Rutgers won a game with a terrible process and people were called trolls for saying "it's great we won but it's not sustainable to keep winning like this".
And the response is "a win is a win! doesn't matter how it happened. stop complaining! no such thing as a bad win".
Long story short - the "win" was just a mirage and we ended up losing many more games

Jets clearly had the worse week 1. Yes they won - but their prospects and outlook for the rest of year are severely diminished.

Also, saying the Jets had a worse week doesn't imply the Giants had a good week.
They can both have bad weeks - but one is worse than the other.

Reactions: RUPete
The object is to go 1-0 every week

Since the question is who had the worst week, I'm only looking at the week's results. The Giants clearly had a terrible week. The Jets won, despite losing Rodgers.
The Jets had the best week, but also had the worst luck. Who knows how either team will respond going forward?

IMO the takes like this about the wording of the question and anything saying the Giants had the worst week are crazy.

The Jets situation is like you were on vacation at some awesome resort on a tropical island, but you come home to find your house got destroyed by a freak storm that only touched your house.

Meanwhile the Giants are like your neighbor whose house was untouched, but their car got damaged and have to replaced the windshield.

I also wonder if the Jet's D and Dak's Int's could keep the Jet's in a defensive battle.

Also, saying the Jets had a worse week doesn't imply the Giants had a good week.
They can both have bad weeks - but one is worse than the other.
Yes, people getting too hung up on splitting hairs and semantics in this thread. I don't care what extenuating circumstances there are, if you lose your starting QB for the season, a future Hall-of-Famer no less, after the first four plays of the first game that qualifies as the crappiest week of all time,

Yes, people getting too hung up on splitting hairs and semantics in this thread. I don't care what extenuating circumstances there are, if you lose your starting QB for the season, a future Hall-of-Famer no less, after the first four plays of the first game that qualifies as the crappiest week of all time,
No, generally speaking that would be the 2nd crappiest week of all time.

Having all of that happen, and the guy you specifically have to take over at QB is Zac Wilson, that would be the crappiest week of all time.

A blowout loss opener to the Cowboys with everyone healthy is special. What a miserable unwatchable game. Giants should have made counseling services available to diehard fans. I'm not even a big fan and it bummed me out. The Jets found a way to friggin win without Rogers, which is what they always knew they had to do soon anyway. I only heard parts on the radio. Announcer lost his mind on the winning play. good stuff.
This.

Watched both games myself. Not a Giants or Jets fan, but root for both equally as my #1 NFL teams.

I have never, ever, liked Aaron Rodgers - and Jets fans reaction to him pre-season and post injury has been hilarious. They still won the game, in exciting fashion. I can only say "I told you so" regarding that situation so far.

The Giants on the other hand looked completely inept. Miserable to say the least.

This.

Watched both games myself. Not a Giants or Jets fan, but root for both equally as my #1 NFL teams.

I have never, ever, liked Aaron Rodgers - and Jets fans reaction to him pre-season and post injury has been hilarious. They still won the game, in exciting fashion. I can only say "I told you so" regarding that situation so far.

The Giants on the other hand looked completely inept. Miserable to say the least.
When you say never ever- do you mean his personality? If you are referring to his body of work as a QB- then that is asinine. I personally have never liked Ben R but it would be foolish to say I don’t respect his body of work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT