ADVERTISEMENT

QB Duncan Offer, when!?

KnightsofChrome

All Conference
Sep 20, 2012
This "wait and see" recruiting philosophy doesn't work with the playmakers. They are used to being respected and appreciated, and when they don't get any love from Colleges they have expressed interest in, the result is a lost commit. It seems Flood is waiting on other offers to decide. There is no sense of urgency from this administration, sometimes low level fruit taste just fine.

Duncan should have been offered! He has all the measurables, statistics are better than anyone we have offered, has really outstanding vision, very strong arm, size, enough mobility to elude a pass rush, and is not afraid to get hit. But, also wants to come to RU! In my opinion he is better than Russo. Russo is waiting to see who else is interested in him, Duncan doesn't care.

Make the offer Flood!

I could not disagree more. With your logic we should just start offering recruits at the bottom of our board just in case.

This mentality accepts mediocricity.

Duncan has exactly 3 offers: Bucknell, S.Carolina State and St Francis.

The OP is clueless as all FBS teams recruiting Duncan have taken a wait and see approach as tehy don't recruit by stats.. Perhaps it is due to the level of his high school competition or other factors.

Before, you automatically dismiss my logic, look at his tape. We will not succeed in the hopes of signing 4 and 5 star recruits, our business plan lies in the "hidden gems" of the process. The 2 and 3 star recruits who for whatever reason has not caught the national attention. And, in the case of valid offers from "established' programs, do not meet st*r potential, because they DO have the ability to attract these athletes, where we haven't. has a high football IQ.

So, Look at his tape, then judge. I'm assuming you have the ability to judge talent, or maybe that's the problem.

Originally posted by RAA-1:
Duncan has exactly 3 offers: Bucknell, S.Carolina State and St Francis.

The OP is clueless as all FBS teams recruiting Duncan have taken a wait and see approach as tehy don't recruit by stats.. Perhaps it is due to the level of his high school competition or other factors.
If that's his current list, LOL.

At this point of the recruiting season, you don't put out offers to just any QB recruit, especially if you won't take a commitment from him now. Russo probably knows he's waiting for Haskins to decide, while others are doing likewise. I doubt Duncan would be miffed if he had to wait if his current offers aren't P5 or even FBS. Of course, he can blow up just as much as Russo, Brown, White, etc, and the recruiting season has a long way to go.

We are taking the right approach here. Dwayne Haskins may be a long shot, but he still needs to garner all of our attention. Plus I have long said on this board that it isn't 100% nessesary to take a QB this recruiting cycle knowing Flood's proficiency with getting a good transfer. We'll just take a transfer next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT