ADVERTISEMENT

Quote that reflects current state of recruiting...

rurahrah000

All Conference
Aug 21, 2010
So where exactly do they stand regarding their Rutgers commitments?

"You are not just looking at the next four to five years, you know, you are looking at the rest of your life," Reynolds, the 6-2, 235-pound three-star linebacker told NJ.com. "So, you know, Rutgers is my home, right now, but anything can happen when you're talking about your future. Fans are gonna love their team wherever you go. But you've just got to find a place that's right for you. And right now Rutgers is that place. But if it changes, it changes."

A 6-6, 340-pound three-star offensive tackle, Morgan also remains committed to Rutgers, but echoed a similar sentiment.

"I'm a loyal person," he said. "I committed to the school for a reason. I'm not gonna break my loyalty. But if something better comes around, you have to consider it."

From the article by Todderick Hunt

This quote to me is very telling. I think these guys view us as placeholders. Very little respect for Flood. Maybe they know that Flood cant do better than them, but they can possibly do better. Hopefully I am wrong.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...mmits_elias_reynolds_and_justin_morgan_r.html

"I'm a loyal person," he said. "I committed to the school for a reason. I'm not gonna break my loyalty. But if something better comes around, you have to consider it."
giphy.gif

Last edited:
You know that other teams are using negative recruiting to try to get these kids, telling them "Well, let's see how Rutgers does this season..." and waiting for us to get blown out by some teams on our schedule.

Flood is in a tough spot here, but I agree with the previous poster. If a commit is still shopping, we need to let him know that his offer is not guaranteed either. I wonder what their HS coaches think about their statements? Their view of loyalty is really bizarre.

-Scarlet Jerry

Well if we were to get a 4-5star surprise recruit at the end, I know who Ii would be choppin...not saying that we will, but recruits should know live by sword die by the sword.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Sometimes athletes for whatever reason become available like Giancarlo Valentin...iI'd recruit him hard.. we need space for better athletes...I know the first 2 "verbals" i'm having no qualms about giving the bad news too!! Talk about shallow kids?? I'd understand more if they just said i want to take advantage of my free trips but RU is where i commited.

wow, somebody should notify Webster that the definition of words like "commitment" and "loyal" need some serious updating.

It would be easier to cut them loose if their teammate was not 5 star Isiah Wilson who is strongly considering us. Have to be careful here. The high school coach is proud Rutgers alum Dino Mangiero. I hope he doesn't approve of this looking around.

Guys do it all the time with women...so it shouldn't be surprising they do the same thing with football scholarship offers.

Reactions: RUsojo
Understand too that these guys are going to Brooklyn, NY's version of Delbarton. Rutgers is not a normal college destination for this tony prep school. Ask Jon Bon Jovi or Al Sharpton.

While that's certainly discouraging to hear, let's remember that we have flipped kids from other schools. It goes both ways.

We just need to continue working our way up the totem pole.

So where exactly do they stand regarding their Rutgers commitments?

"You are not just looking at the next four to five years, you know, you are looking at the rest of your life," Reynolds, the 6-2, 235-pound three-star linebacker told NJ.com. "So, you know, Rutgers is my home, right now, but anything can happen when you're talking about your future. Fans are gonna love their team wherever you go. But you've just got to find a place that's right for you. And right now Rutgers is that place. But if it changes, it changes."

A 6-6, 340-pound three-star offensive tackle, Morgan also remains committed to Rutgers, but echoed a similar sentiment.

From the article by Todderick Hunt

This quote to me is very telling. I think these guys view us as placeholders. Very little respect for Flood. Maybe they know that Flood cant do better than them, but they can possibly do better. Hopefully I am wrong.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...mmits_elias_reynolds_and_justin_morgan_r.html

I get the way recruiting is nowadays...i dont love it, but I get it

that said, the statements above are comical in how contradictory they are.

they have the whole "definitely maybe" thing going on...

ahhhhhh - kids these days!! ;)

Remember when a handshake and your word meant something?

A schools offer should be as strong as the recruits commitment. It's solid until a recruit shops around for potential alternatives. If they shop then school should too.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT