ADVERTISEMENT

RAC renovation plans are garbage

35,000 undergrads and we still struggled to fill <1500 seats. Very few students attend or try to attend games in the grand scheme of thing.

Not sure if this is entirely true. Probably depends on the game/timing - for instance if during a break etc. There have been time my kid has been shut out waiting in line for Tix.

• Love
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
Not sure if this is entirely true. Probably depends on the game/timing - for instance if during a break etc. There have been time my kid has been shut out waiting in line for Tix.
Yes indeed.....My son has combo pack (Football/Basketball) and tix are on the phone. If you do not buy it is a hassle since you need to be at Box Office 2 hours beforehand to get tickets. When you get shut out a few times it is not fun taking the bus back to your campus.

I still don't understand why they don't just convert the office space over the disabled section into boxes? Extend them further out and closer to the court. Done.

The fact that they are still just offices is kind of amazing to me.
Exactly. This should be the centerpiece of the renovation. Do the same thing as in Assembly Hall.

Reactions: SF88 and Eagleton96
IMO the best solution is to build a brand new Rac next to the existing one. It can be designed from the ground up as a state of the art college arena with all of the features and capacity as needed. And no disruption to playing games on campus.

The existing Rac can be slightly modified to accommodate a variety of future athletic and other needs. Modifying the Rac into a modern facility is a losing proposition. Like making a 2 BR Cape Cod house into a Victorian colonial.

IMO the best solution is to build a brand new Rac next to the existing one. It can be designed from the ground up as a state of the art college arena with all of the features and capacity as needed. And no disruption to playing games on campus.

The existing Rac can be slightly modified to accommodate a variety of future athletic and other needs. Modifying the Rac into a modern facility is a losing proposition. Like making a 2 BR Cape Cod house into a Victorian colonial.
Write the check and make it so.

Reactions: Luvscarletknights
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT