ADVERTISEMENT

Rapid Reaction - Bryant

@NewJerseyHawk told us we wouldn't miss Cam Spencer and Pike wanted him gone. He told us our offense was vastly improved and deeper.

lol

I missed Gavins stat line Friday night.....I also missed Hyatts stat line the last 2 games. Do you have those numbers for us??

I also explained 100 out of 100 people with any basketball knowledge, would take a full season of Gavin Griffiths starting and playing 25 minutes a game, over Cam Spencer or Paul Mulcahy in that same timeframe.

The tradeoff is Simpson/Davis/Griffiths for a full season playing minutes, to get experience for 2024-25......those minutes are far more valuable than anything Spencer or Paul would provide. You have to trade better/younger players that will be here and starters or contributing beyond 2023-24......capiche??? LMAO

Reactions: ScarletLongIsland
Hyatt was MVP today, with a solid overall game, but I didn’t like his decisions down the stretch. Two bad threes and an ill advised drive that ended up in a TO. But we don’t win without his overall contributions, including timely buckets, FTs, and good defense.
I agree. But, it may have been him thinking nobody was doing much to score points so he felt he had to do it.

Either Noah can play or he can’t.
He will get absolutely destroyed defensively in the BIG and his offense and leadership is non existent.
He shouldn’t even be playing, he’s not a B1G level guard.
Take him out of the rotation and end his roll in the search for combinations
I'm nowhere close to giving up on Noah. I get that he hasn't exactly come out like gangbusters, but I really think he is going to be a very nice player for us when all is said and done. Plus having a veteran guard to help out JMike who is showing both signs of not only great potential, but also being a TRUE Freshman, will pay off in spades later down the road.

Change the names, the date and the opponent and this is the same overreactions from the same people after a few games. Happens every year.

I remember a few years ago when Pike made his "best team" comment. The reactions after the first few years were on the same level of comical.

Reactions: RUPete
That makes no sense. Just admit the team would be better if cam was still here. It’s a weird look trying to fight that fact.
You’re not acknowledging the nature of the game today. Cam had people in his ear, went shopping and left. To look back isn’t productive.

Holy lord, our offense is awful. This team cannot shoot, period. Especially when GG has an off night. 19-61 from the field (31%) and 4-22 from deep (18%). We’re not going to beat many teams unless guys make sudden improvements.

This game changed when Pike put JMike on #24 Pinzon and kept Simpson at PG. JMike did a good job slowing down Pinzon.

Hyatt was MVP today, with a solid overall game, but I didn’t like his decisions down the stretch. Two bad threes and an ill advised drive that ended up in a TO. But we don’t win without his overall contributions, including timely buckets, FTs, and good defense.

Cliff finally woke up from his off season slumber with a double double (most of which was in the second half).

Simpson didn’t have a good shooting day, but he did a good job running the team in the final 10 minutes, and he was money at the FT line. Finished with 12 points and 4 assists.

Fernandes hit that first three but then basically disappeared for the rest of the game. He has been a complete non-factor for two straight games. We’re not going to get better unless he wakes up.

JMike played good defense but damn he just can’t shoot or finish. But with his defense and toughness, he’s contributing more than Fernandes.

Gavin had a rough day, shooting just 2-11 (1-8). But he played solid defense and didn’t lose his confidence in contributing in other ways.

Three game sample size now — still not a lot — but the poor shooting is growing more and more concerning. I hate to put so much on a freshman, but if GG doesn’t find his shooting touch, this team is in deep trouble. Hyatt is too streaky, and Fernandes hasn’t shown anything yet, so we NEED Gavin to get better and FAST.
All good points. This team has so many new faces so it will take time. Fernades missed a lot of time last year, so maybe there’s some rust, but I agree he has been very disappointing so far. Most infuriating is his total inability to even look for, let alone get the ball to Cliff in the low post. Several times yesterday Cliff had sealed his man on the low block and Noah didn’t even give Cliff a look.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT