ADVERTISEMENT

Reflection of the Hoops Season So Far..,,

bowlgoal

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2004
Going back to preseason, i had us at 11-4, with an outside shot of 12-3. That was my optimistic view of replacing the points of Paul, Cam and Caleb with the newcomers, plus some additional production out of Simpson and Hyatt. I hoped that Noahs quickness would open up the inside for Cliff, and that Gavin and Hyatt would find plenty of open looks. Most of this unfortunately hasn’t happened,. However, others like JMike and Williams have played better than I expected, and Mag is starting to return to form after being on the sidelines for many of the games this year. Although Gavin hasn’t been playing well; i believe he will. I think he’s been forcing it a bit and he will become a very good player.

As for the record at 9-6; all things considered; its not surprising. In the two losses vs Princeton and Illinois, Princeton is 13-1 and Illinois looks like a top 15 team. The third loss that could have made us 12-3, was either a win at WF or the Miss State game. Both teams are a lot stronger than I expected. Seton Hall was a good win.

So at 9-6 and 1-3 in the Big 10: we are not far off the mark. I figured 11-4 and 2-2. As for the last 16 games, its not going to get much easier; as teams like Wisconsin, Nebraska and Minnesota are playing great basketball, and Purdue is definitely an elite team.

Pikiell teams find ways to figure things out. I liked our defense last night and we have now out rebounded our last 3 opponents.

Hopefully, we can put things together and play our way into the NIT. If we don’t get to post season, lets see Jmike, Simpson and Gavin develop. They will play very important roles next year.

Reactions: biker7766
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News