ADVERTISEMENT

Football Reggie Sutton breaks down his journey back from injury to starter

Mentioned in a previous thread I walked to the stadium with hs dad the year after his injury. Man this kid is tough and personifies everything you would ever want to see in a team mate or somebody representing your organization. Been rooting hard for him since that day. Loved to see him playing against Wagner, and super happy this past week. Good for him!!!!! Keep chopping Reggie we are all behind you.

Besides being a great story, he’s already an upgrade in the trenches plugging a hole on the right, and should improve week over week as he gets more game reps. He missed one assignment early in the game but for the most part, he plugged up the edge and gave Gavin time on pass protection which is where we needed an answer. On the run, we clearly seem to favor the left angle (understandably).

Sutton’s value can be seen on the TD pass to Washington, and the 2 point conversion. Not to rag on White and the others, but those would have been reps where Gavin was throwing under pressure from the right in earlier games. There’s no question Sutton gave him more time on Saturday.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Listed as a senior but I assume he has at least 1 year left , perhaps two (Med RS and Covid?)
Loved looking back at his HS picture and how he has grown.
Also chuckled when looking at his offer list. Folks here go crazy with this stuff and another example of somebody (Ash this time?) finding what other P5 programs missed.

Listed as a senior but I assume he has at least 1 year left , perhaps two (Med RS and Covid?)
Loved looking back at his HS picture and how he has grown.
Also chuckled when looking at his offer list. Folks here go crazy with this stuff and another example of somebody (Ash this time?) finding what other P5 programs missed.
It’s an interesting question. I assumed he’d be done after this year but you may be right. He used his regular redshirt in 2018. Played in 2019. 2020 (the year of his injury) was a free year for everyone. Is he entitled to an injury redshirt for 2021 - why should 2020 be a double dip and use up a free bee and an injury redshirt when he clearly was unavailable due to injury in 2021. If so, he’d only use lose a year of elibility for 2022 and this would be his 3rd eligibility year potentially entitling him to play next year. Anyone know how that works?

It’s an interesting question. I assumed he’d be done after this year but you may be right. He used his regular redshirt in 2018. Played in 2019. 2020 (the year of his injury) was a free year for everyone. Is he entitled to an injury redshirt for 2021 - why should 2020 be a double dip and use up a free bee and an injury redshirt when he clearly was unavailable due to injury in 2021. If so, he’d only use lose a year of elibility for 2022 and this would be his 3rd eligibility year potentially entitling him to play next year. Anyone know how that works?
Well let's cut to the bottom line. He's likely have to petition the NCAA and get turned down. You know cause its Rutgers (or the inverse. we're not OSU, UNC, or the like).

Well let's cut to the bottom line. He's likely have to petition the NCAA and get turned down. You know cause its Rutgers (or the inverse. we're not OSU, UNC, or the like).
I don’t know. In this situation it’s a feel good story that’s gotten a lot of media attention. Kid battling back from being in a wheel chair? If he’s eligible to petition and wants to return, this is one case where I’d like our odds.

I don’t know. In this situation it’s a feel good story that’s gotten a lot of media attention. Kid battling back from being in a wheel chair? If he’s eligible to petition and wants to return, this is one case where I’d like our odds.
I agree. I was only being sarcastic.

We need to start petitioning the NCAA now .( if Reggie wants to play next season)
It will take them at least a year to make a decision because we are not OSU, Michigan, PSU…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT