ADVERTISEMENT

Required Reading: GREAT article on Kyle Flood

Thanks for the link. That article makes me think about ways that I can be a better father to my kids..

Enjoy your Father's Day Coach., you have earned it.

I don't think that there is a single person on this board who doesn't think that KF is an extremely high quality individual and a role model on many levels.

Reactions: LeonardLeap23
I don't think that there is a single person on this board who doesn't think that KF is an extremely high quality individual and a role model on many levels.

Well put. There is no doubt that Kyle is a high caliber individual that wants nothing but the best for his players and the Rutgers program. Outside of obviously wanting Rutgers to succeed on the football field I especially want it because of the incredible person Kyle Flood is.

Reactions: RUMountie
Flood sounds like a great family man and deserves to success at Rutgers. I have been critical of his recruiting the last 2 years but this year the recruiting appears to be improved. I really hope he can beat the top 4 teams in the East division occasionally and move Rutgers upwards. I don't know why the NJ KIDS DON't want to play in front of their family and friends.

Reactions: NYSportsFan
Coach Flood is an upstanding citizen and someone people should aspire to be. He has been taught the core values that everyone should strive for. Work hard and you can achieve anything you set your mind to. I just don't think those values are what kids in this instant gratification world want to hear. They want the sales pitch, come here and you will be an instant star. That's why I root for this team we may not win a lot or ever be like Ohio St.. But we have dam good kids in this program who have been taught the right values.

Reactions: trentonrufan
A great man and good coach. Why would you not want your son to play football under his influence?

Great man. I hope he is coach for a long time. His character will be a great asset for the players and Rutgers......he has heart and humility, which is the essence of true leadership.

Kyle Flood is the epitome of a Family man. Which carries over to his coaching repritour.
Honor, respect, integrity all come to mind!

Nice.. thanks for sharing.

This is the kind of coverage that every big program gets and Rutgers just hasn't gotten much of. That this story doesn't get picked up by local TV media.. because of where we are.. that is a shame.

This kind of profile piece on Flood is something that should be common knowledge for every recruit and recruit's family in this state.

A Rutgers recruit will exist in a family-friendly atmosphere. Even those from far away will be exposed to the family atmosphere.

My mother is very close to a former recruit's family, and I know them also. He didn't get a commitable offer, and went to a very good 1-aa school. They are a really nice, upstanding family. They absolutely loved everything about Coach Flood, and what he stands for. He was far and away their first choice for who they wanted to play for.

It seems like you couldn't have a better example for your team, and a better man to play for.

I hope he leads the team for many years to come.

You get the feeling that 18-25 years from now there will be a number of 2nd generation recruits coming to Rutgers - with the first or middle name of "Kyle" - in honor of a man who made a difference in their father's life..
The young men on the RU Football team are learning lessons & principles that will serve them well - on & off the field.

Oh - and if anybody feels that the lines between professional sports and college sports have blurred beyond recognition - this is one place where there is & should be a justifiable stark contrast - in the professional ranks it may be true that winning is everything - but in college, while the goal is to win - it is not the only goal and it is not the only thing that counts.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruready07
My hope is that Flood and his staff become the highest paid coaches in the B1G.

really nice piece...be such a great story if he goes on to be a legendary coach and win a an NC for RU.

Reactions: ruready07
I am proud to root for this great man and Rutgers football ! As the school that invented the game, we are doing it the right way.

A man like Flood is the type of person that deserves to have everyone rooting that they be successful in their chosen field and in life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT