ADVERTISEMENT

RU BB vs Pen St 1:30 BTN

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
The fading Scarlet Knights (lost to Pen St yesterday) travel to Crappy Valley for a weekend set.

The fading Scarlet Knights (lost to Pen St yesterday) travel to Crappy Valley for a weekend set.
Up 9-1 with their ace on the mound RU losses 12-10 to PSU. Tough year for those of us that are RU baseball fans.

I don't understand in this game why, down 12-10 in the bottom of the ninth with no out, one on, the 8th and 9th hitters (both righties) up, a righty on the mound and a couple of lefty potential PH's in the dugout we did not see a pinch hitter. I would have liked to have seen Suseck hit for sure in that situation.

A big question is will we win another BIG 10 baseball game this year? I think we have now lost 8 consecutive conference games. Our pitching has been worse than bad. I never thought we would do this poorly in baseball in the BIG.

Last 2 series are against the 2 top teams. I'd say it's highly unlikely RU will make it to Minneapolis at the end of the month

It's down to a 6 game season and RU is 3 back. RU plays Iowa and Illinois and NU plays Purdue and Illinois. Indiana is 4 up on RU and has OSU remaining so that will be tough to jump them. I would say RU has to win 5 out of 6 and hope NU continues their late year slide.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT