ADVERTISEMENT

RU Club of NYC: Pinstripe Bowl Pregame + Game Watch Party - Thurs, 12/28, 11:30 AM @ Penn 6 NYC! 🪓🛡️⚔️🎳

RUKeystone

All Conference
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2009
New York, NY
Hey everyone,

Join us for our Pinstripe Bowl Pregame + Game Watch Party on Thursday, 12/28 @ 11:30 AM to pregame and/or watch RU wash out the Canes for the final game of 2023! We've had a great turnout all season long and looking forward to seeing you all there!

Key points:
  • Doors open at 11:30 AM for the Pregame portion of the event. Game Watch party will kickoff at 2 PM.
  • For the Game Watch portion of the event, we suggest arriving 15 minutes before kickoff (2:15 PM) to ensure you get a prime seat at the bar!
  • If you plan on attending, we do appreciate you filling out the following very brief form so we can ensure the bar is appropriately staffed!
  • Reminder that this is event is FREE (outside of food and drink purchases) and we do welcome walk ins! Note that minors are allowed on the premises as well, just not at the physical bar.
If you haven't seen my posts previously, below is our RU themed food and drink promotional menu as well as what you can expect in terms of the environment.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE AND GO KNIGHTS!!!!
NOTE THAT WE ARE THE ONLY OFFICIAL WATCH PARTY IN THE NORTH JERSEY AND NYC AREA AFFILIATED WITH THE UNIVERSITY!

You guys won't even take the train uptown to Yankee Stadium to see them in person? SMH.
I do not understand why people like you have this obsession with telling other people how to be a fan. I actually AM going to the game as well as the pregame, but you chose to be a keyboard warrior before even bothering to ask.

We appreciate everyone’s support and not everyone wants to / will choose to / can go to the game. I will, but some may not. It’s their choice and not yours.

Let’s all do a better job of just focusing on supporting Rutgers nation however we can and less so telling other people how to be a fan.

I do not understand why people like you have this obsession with telling other people how to be a fan. I actually AM going to the game as well as the pregame, but you chose to be a keyboard warrior before even bothering to ask.

We appreciate everyone’s support and not everyone wants to / will choose to / can go to the game. I will, but some may not. It’s their choice and not yours.

Let’s all do a better job of just focusing on supporting Rutgers nation however we can and less so telling other people how to be a fan.
This. Also there might be people:

- going to the game but want to stop for a few drinks, here, prior to walking an avenue over to hop on the B or D (when we did the pre-bowl party for Iowa State in 2011, at Legend's on 33rd, there was a line around the block by 10AM and 2 other bars - 1 of them Jack Dempsey's - opened early, honored the specials we had at Legend's, and were both packed by 10:30AM as well)

- can only swing out of the office for a quick drink every 45 minutes or so (work in the neighborhood)

- can't attend the game BUT can make the 2nd half (work in the neighborhood)

Great stuff Keystone!

Last edited:
Reactions: RUKeystone
This. Also there might be people:

- going to the game but want to stop for a few drinks, here, prior to walking an avenue over to hop on the B or D (when we did the pre-bowl party for Iowa State in 2011, at Legend's on 33rd, there was a line around the block by 10AM and 2 other bars - 1 of them Jack Dempsey's - opened early, honored the specials we had at Legend's, and were both packed by 10:30AM as well)

- can only swing out of the office for a quick drink every 45 minutes or so (work in the neighborhood)

- can't attend the game BUT can make the 2nd half (work in the neighborhood)

Great stuff Keystone!

👏🏻👏🏻

People act like we didn’t just land two of the top three hoops players in the nation lol. A couple of watch parties will not bring down the success of Rutgers athletics. It *actually* amplifies our global reach—especially in a key donor cultivation city like NYC!

Never ceases to amaze me that we have this small (but vocal) contingent of fans that only want their way of supporting the team to be the only way. One wouldn’t tell someone how they need to pray…same logic is parallel to this.

End of rant and GO RU!

Lol. OK you're victimized. Poor you.

Uhm....aren't you watching from your couch this time? LOL!
I've been to that shithole twice and travel to a lot of games as you well know.

I mean if the bowl game was in Piscataway I'd go.

The NYC guys can't be bothered to take a subway ride? Weak. Bad enough they can't take the train to Piscataway during the regular season. But to not attend a game in the same town. WEAK.

👏🏻👏🏻

People act like we didn’t just land two of the top three hoops players in the nation lol. A couple of watch parties will not bring down the success of Rutgers athletics. It *actually* amplifies our global reach—especially in a key donor cultivation city like NYC!

Never ceases to amaze me that we have this small (but vocal) contingent of fans that only want their way of supporting the team to be the only way. One wouldn’t tell someone how they need to pray…same logic is parallel to this.

End of rant and GO RU!
No one's telling you how to be a fan. Im just pointing out how Weak of a fan ya'll are. Lol

I've been to that shithole twice and travel to a lot of games as you well know.

I mean if the bowl game was in Piscataway I'd go.

The NYC guys can't be bothered to take a subway ride? Weak. Bad enough they can't take the train to Piscataway during the regular season. But to not attend a game in the same town. WEAK.
I'm just bustin' your chops my friend you should know that! I know you've gone previously, and would go anywhere else, no worries there! I think, however, I laid out 3 realistic scenarios where alumni in NYC can't attend and this hlps. I get it - TAKE THE DAY OFF - but sometimes it's just no feasible for some so this provides a nice alternative.

• Love
Reactions: RUScrew85
I'm just bustin' your chops my friend you should know that! I know you've gone previously, and would go anywhere else, no worries there! I think, however, I laid out 3 realistic scenarios where alumni in NYC can't attend and this hlps. I get it - TAKE THE DAY OFF - but sometimes it's just no feasible for some so this provides a nice alternative.
It's like having a watch party in New Brunswick for a home game. It deserves ridicule.

Thanks for posting.
Plan on stopping in for pre game drinks and then take the Subway up to the game.

Well said! The screw guy has been on here threatening he is going to be less of a fan because of NIL! What a liar !! He’s the boy that cried wolf

Reactions: fsg2 and RUKeystone
Going to this party but not the game. Yankee Stadium sucks and is a complete ripoff. I would not be surprised to see poor attendance for this game due to the time of day and lack of excitement among Rutgers fans, but ESPECIALLY the prices.

By the way how the heck did RU Athletics and the Billy’s party organizer green light $8.25 for draft beers? We all know the athletic department is incompetent, but this is just poor planning. Glad there’s a better party in midtown that will surely result in a lower bar tab for Rutgers fans.

Last edited:
Going to this party but not the game. Yankee Stadium sucks and is a complete ripoff. I would not be surprised to see poor attendance for this game due to the time of day and lack of excitement among Rutgers fans, but ESPECIALLY the prices.
THERE HE IS!!! Are we at 150 monikers yet??!!

All season long you bitch about attendance, then state (as fact) our fans don't travel to bowl games (which is a full-blown lie), and now - INSTEAD OF GOING TO THE BRONX - you're gonna tell us you plan on doing nothing but watching from a bar in midtown? "Because of the prices??" PATHETIC.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!! :WooHoo: :WooHoo: :WooHoo:

Reactions: RUScrew85 and GSGS
No one's telling you how to be a fan. Im just pointing out how Weak of a fan ya'll are. Lol

If we're being honest......your wife is a great fan. You however, having to consistently reference your previous fan participation & interest ...... sadly now seem like just a bitter old man yelling at the clouds and barking at others.

Reactions: fsg2 and RUKeystone
There have been watch parties all year at this bar. You're insufferable.
We are lucky to have a bar in the middle of Manhattan that is dedicated to showing Rutgers Football games. Especially in light of our embarrassing performances on the field for the last 9 years.
Can definitely see why fans would rather watch the Bowl game in this establishment rather than sitting in a crappy football venue in the Bronx at the end of December. Wearing your RU Gear in Manhattan supports the Program. Go RU!

I will FOCUS on being a fan.😁

Very good!

huaCU1D.gif

52wx16g.jpg

We are lucky to have a bar in the middle of Manhattan that is dedicated to showing Rutgers Football games. Especially in light of our embarrassing performances on the field for the last 9 years.
Can definitely see why fans would rather watch the Bowl game in this establishment rather than sitting in a crappy football venue in the Bronx at the end of December. Wearing your RU Gear in Manhattan supports the Program. Go RU!
We will also be doing select conference hoops game watch parties in the new year at the bar! More details to follow in January. 🔨🔨🔨

Reactions: Cheap Sunglasses
THERE HE IS!!! Are we at 150 monikers yet??!!

All season long you bitch about attendance, then state (as fact) our fans don't travel to bowl games (which is a full-blown lie), and now - INSTEAD OF GOING TO THE BRONX - you're gonna tell us you plan on doing nothing but watching from a bar in midtown? "Because of the prices??" PATHETIC.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!! :WooHoo: :WooHoo: :WooHoo:
Stop feeding the troll.
Smarten up.

If we're being honest......your wife is a great fan. You however, having to consistently reference your previous fan participation & interest ...... sadly now seem like just a bitter old man yelling at the clouds and barking at others.
Lol. Thanks for that informed comment.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
That’s great! Will be looking forward to those as well as the Manhattan bowl party, which promises to be this year’s best, by far!

Will you be flying up to these from the Caribbean island you live on? Or is it your place in Miami? Or in Oklahoma? Will you be attending as a Northwestern fan? As a Virginia Tech fan? As a Rutgers fan?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT