Korsak 7th rd
DiRenzo UDFA
Young UDFA

Predictions

Izien 7th rd
Korsak 7th rd
DiRenzo UDFA
Young UDFA
Korsak UDFA - Most teams don't draft punters. I actually like him to the Eagles, I expect them to try to sign one of the top Punters available to a UDFA contract.

Don't have a good feel for the others, could be late round, could be UDFA. Remember sometimes it's better to be UDFA as the players get to pick the teams with a better situation for them.

FYI - pre-draft news. Lamar Jackson signs for 5-years, $260m, $185m guaranteed. Very reasonable deal for both sides.

Reactions: BeantownKnight
Nine Big 10 football players were picked last night: # 2, 5, 11, 12, 13, 18, 20, 24 & 26. 😳 3 from tOSU, 2 Iowa, one each Maryland, Illinois, Northwestern & Michigan.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Had a feeling he would get drafted.
CB Christian Braswell to the Jaguars.

Sixth round, pick 202

Korsak UDFA - Most teams don't draft punters. I actually like him to the Eagles, I expect them to try to sign one of the top Punters available to a UDFA contract.

Don't have a good feel for the others, could be late round, could be UDFA. Remember sometimes it's better to be UDFA as the players get to pick the teams with a better situation for them.
Well two other punters picked. Guy from MSU and another who they raved about hang time.
Will folks finally get it, understand the difference between being an epic college punter and what is required in the nFL given the rules?

I certainly hope he gets a shot.. but..

Well two other punters picked. Guy from MSU and another who they raved about hang time.
Will folks finally get it, understand the difference between being an epic college punter and what is required in the nFL given the rules?

I certainly hope he gets a shot.. but..
make that 3 punters..

Nine Big 10 football players were picked last night: # 2, 5, 11, 12, 13, 18, 20, 24 & 26. 😳 3 from tOSU, 2 Iowa, one each Maryland, Illinois, Northwestern & Michigan.
Looking to do this count again for say the top 50/100/draft. B1G has a lot of players drafted.. Rutgers 1 so far. The talent gap is clear. Wow.

Looking to do this count again for say the top 50/100/draft. B1G has a lot of players drafted.. Rutgers 1 so far. The talent gap is clear. Wow.

Big 10 Football Twitter page has done a good job of posting after each round. If I counted correctly, 54 B1G players were drafted, Michigan leading with 9. Looks like Indiana is the only B1G team with no players drafted.

Last edited:
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
In Schiano’s first run he once said (on the radio ) “ when we have 7-8 draft picks and UDFA in each class we will compete with anyone”. Now being in the B1G we probably need 10-12 in each class. The man was prophetic since not long after we had 30 + players in the NFL. And it was what we once again need.

Looks like Avery Young got picked up by the 49ers and Izien by the Bucs.
I was really hoping that the Niners would pick up Izien, he's perfect for their scheme as a nickel safety the way they used both Jimmie Ward and K'Waun Williams

I maybe wrong but his style really doesn't fit in the NFL because of the different rules.
In college everyone can head downfield on the snap while in the NFL only the gunners can go on the snap. AK doesn't get great hangtime and NFL values that a lot.

Reactions: rutger80 and AntiG
I see Izien having a real shot in the NFL. He is my "most likely" to either be on a roster or PS when the season starts.

That is not to knock anyone else- everyone has a shot. But he is just my guy...

Reactions: AntiG and RUBOB72
One tough player who deserves this opportunity. Exciting player who always played with intensity and desire.

Reactions: RUNVA
I see Izien having a real shot in the NFL. He is my "most likely" to either be on a roster or PS when the season starts.

That is not to knock anyone else- everyone has a shot. But he is just my guy...
yeah he was by far our best prospect, but the 5'8 height probably scared teams off.

yeah he was by far our best prospect, but the 5'8 height probably scared teams off.
I agree but when in camp- they will see first hand how much bigger he plays as well as see that he will be in every play. Even at Rutgers- you really never see him get beat based on height, never

Reactions: Rokodesh and AntiG
It is why I laugh when people think it is better to be an UDFA that a late round pick.

7th round picks are all getting about the same as an UDFA but signing bonuses are between 83k-123k. That is a huge difference for a kid who may be looking to support family. And 6 round significan't more salary and much more bonus.

"but you get to choose the team you feel you have a good shot with"

* In reality - if you are a priority- you are getting mult teams calling as the last couple of picks are still on the board...And if the GM has you or your agent or family on the phone - you have to make your choice THEN before they hang up the phone. In our case- Kevin was on the phone with one team, his agent on with another, the agent asst on with another and me and his mother on with a team as well. Over whelming. And we thought we could just get off the phone, compare the teams and get back to them. We were wrong- we started talking and negotiating bonuses right then. In Kevin's case the final 2 we were deciding on was the Giants- very cool and would be the f-ing Giants. But, the offered half the bonus the Jaguar's did and Giants told him that their starters were all set and most likely he would be fighting for a PS spot. Jags gave him the max bonus for a UDFA and promised he would be fighting for a starting or backup job...The other two teams wanted him bad but both screwed him a couple of times from the 4th round on- got calls from both teams during the draft that they were picking him next, only to pick a different position. So, they were out...but all of this happened withing 5 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT