ADVERTISEMENT

RU season ticket holders selling to Ohio State fans

I think when people sell their tickets they don't know who is buying them. Lots of Rutgers fans buy tickets on stub or seat geek, but so do the visitors. I would suggest that Rutgers is selling tickets to visiting fans as well, both through the ticket office and on seat geek...their official reseller partner.

They SUCK. If there were a bigger fan base to fall back on you should lose your seats by doing so.

Reactions: bori_blanco
I think when people sell their tickets they don't know who is buying them. Lots of Rutgers fans buy tickets on stub or seat geek, but so do the visitors. I would suggest that Rutgers is selling tickets to visiting fans as well, both through the ticket office and on seat geek...their official reseller partner.
This. For example, we bought 2 club tickets for a friend, and his guest could not make it. The club ticket was $210. He was not going to "eat" $210. We sold the ticket on Seat Geek for $190 after trying numerous Rutgers fans who were not interested or could not go. The older woman who bought that ticket, who we think was an Ohio State fan (but not sure), sat like a mannequin scrolling on her phone the entire game. Have no idea why she bought a Club ticket, but my friend was not out $210.

Reactions: Jimpeg
Section 106 was at least 50 percent Ohio State fans - disgusting. I sold a couple tickets but made sure to do so via the ticket exchange board to Rutgers fans only.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
This. For example, we bought 2 club tickets for a friend, and his guest could not make it. The club ticket was $210. He was not going to "eat" $210. We sold the ticket on Seat Geek for $190 after trying numerous Rutgers fans who were not interested or could not go. The older woman who bought that ticket, who we think was an Ohio State fan (but not sure), sat like a mannequin scrolling on her phone the entire game. Have no idea why she bought a Club ticket, but my friend was not out $210.
Even for today's game, I had a ticket I could not give away. I'm sure it will get better as the team's performance continues to improve, but I can't even count the number of tickets I've eaten over the years. A lot of the time I go out to the parking lot, have a quick beer, take a leak, and use an extra ticket to re-enter the game. To me, that sucks and I don't blame people for selling their extras. I don't even want to think about adding up how much $ I've wasted over the years leaving seats empty.

Was at the game today and thinking that we were going to have an OSU takeover. Too many for my liking. And a bunch of them were on visitor bench side of the field, how nice of them. But on the bright side, they are buying those $14 dollar beer cans and giving RU revenue you don't get from a Wagner game.

I

Was at the game today and thinking that we were going to have an OSU takeover. Too many for my liking. But on the bright side, they are buying those $14 dollar beer cans and other food and drink and giving RU revenue you don't get from a Wagner game.

I

I had a ohio kid sitting in my row and he must have gotten up (in and out of the aisle) 15 times during the game. I hope he was buying beers every time...otherwise he's got a bladder problem.

Definitely way too many OSU fans for my liking. My guess is that they paid the premium for single game tickets or went through Seat Geek where fans are directed to sell them. Unfortunately, board members are in the minority within the fan base.

Oh, some of us know very well how you sell to the enemy.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
I bought seats behind the Rutgers bench from likely a Penn State season ticket holder. Did the same for Michigan and Wisconsin games. Thankful these tickets were Available. It works both ways.

Some people are going to sell their tickets, and that’s the way it’s going to be.

There were A LOT of OSU fans there. Thankfully they also wear red otherwise it would’ve looked rather revealing.

Unfortunately Rutgers fan base and casual fan demand isn’t up there yet. It’s still hard to just give tickets away to someone who would go. We need to win a game like yesterday to go from “oh they’re not embarrassingly bad” to something like “oh they can beat anyone on any given day so it’s worth going to games “. Then the next level would be “Rutgers games are fun and intense” and people are dying to get in.

Reactions: RUInDaBronx
This still wasn't one of OSU's bigger crowds to Piscataway though. I want to say that 2019/17/15 were larger, or at least seemed louder, due to them running away with those prior games and Rutgers fans having much less to cheer about.

Some of you guys make way to much of this selling tickets to the enemy thing. Does it suck, yea. Did I have a bunch of OSU fans around me, yes. But the OSU fanbase is rabid to see their team.

As we get better and expect every game like this one to be competitive less people will sell.

And by the way, this happens all over. I went to the ND vs OSU game earlier this year in South Bend. Guess what, there were thousands of OSU fans spread throughout ND's entire stadium. I mean red all over that stadium. It's not just us.

Name a sport or a team where this doesn't happen. I am a jets season ticket holder in 135. It is always an even mix of home and away fans. The PSL buyers plunked down 20k or so and want a return.

we get tix for $175 and my brother in law regularly sells. Opening night Bills tix went for $600 a piece. I hate it, but then again, i cant go Monday night and sold my tix, not gonna eat $350.00

it is the new reality.

btw how do most of you get tickets when you travel to see Rutgers?

Thoughts?
I spoke to a Rutgers fan today who was in the lot partying and was bragging about how he made $100 selling his tickets. I said so you wont go into the game today ? He said no . I said so you are one of those people that sells tix to the opposing fans and you don’t feel bad about that . He said nope and he didn’t care as long as he made a couple of bucks. What a jack ass.

Section 106 was at least 50 percent Ohio State fans - disgusting. I sold a couple tickets but made sure to do so via the ticket exchange board to Rutgers fans only.
I am in 106. This happens every game against a name brand. I think the school hasn’t sold a lot of these tickets as season tickets yet.

There were a lot of Ohio fans but I will say they were pretty quiet and quite respectful at least the ones around me. Probably the best behaved opposing fans I’ve seen. Maybe it was just by chance who was around me.

Reactions: Section124
Those that sold value making some $ more than the experience of attending the game and cheering the team.

But not every seat in those sections are season ticket holders.

Many seats from 35-35 yard line are simply available for single game purchase on scarlet knights.com
I believe that is correct

Name a sport or a team where this doesn't happen. I am a jets season ticket holder in 135. It is always an even mix of home and away fans. The PSL buyers plunked down 20k or so and want a return.

we get tix for $175 and my brother in law regularly sells. Opening night Bills tix went for $600 a piece. I hate it, but then again, i cant go Monday night and sold my tix, not gonna eat $350.00

it is the new reality.

btw how do most of you get tickets when you travel to see Rutgers?
Most Don’t travel to see Rutgers

We have a list of people who we sell the tickets to, and all of them are RU fans. We do our best to never sell or give our tickets to opposing fans.

I am in 107 and there were a lot of OSU fans yesterday, but they were quiet for most of the game.

Reactions: Leonard23
This is a ridiculous thread. RU fans won't buy the tickets. They won't even take them for free. It's not on OSU fans, and it's not on the sellers. This is on RU for putting out a product for the last 8 years that has decimated the fan base to the point where you cannot get them to attend a game vs #1 for free.

This is a ridiculous thread. RU fans won't buy the tickets. They won't even take them for free. It's not on OSU fans, and it's not on the sellers. This is on RU for putting out a product for the last 8 years that has decimated the fan base to the point where you cannot get them to attend a game vs #1 for free.
I agree. My first season tickets were half way up the upper deck on the 30 I think. I was surrounded by season ticket holders! Now I have great seats on the 35 lower deck and there are open seats around me and the upper decks probably have less than 2 or 3 thousand season tickets.

Reactions: RUInDaBronx
105, which should be one of the most wanted sections, was almost half OSU
Horrible that fans let them go

Reactions: Leonard23
Bigger problem is why there were around 101-15 OSU fans with field passes on our side of the field near the student section end zone. One thing to sell tickets to the visitors but to sell field passes is downright criminal. They were being walked around by what looked like RU fans.

Most people sell through StubHub and Seat Geek just like Rutgers does.
Neither site allows you to pick a buyer, you will have no clue who buys it.
I think people think that all the season tickets holders on the West side sell all theirs to the other team. Not true at all. The West side, the former Home side, just doesn't have as many season tickets sold at all anymore.

Nobody is at fault for away fans buying tickets. But there is no doubt who sells the most. Rutgers Athletics.

I spoke to a Rutgers fan today who was in the lot partying and was bragging about how he made $100 selling his tickets. I said so you wont go into the game today ? He said no . I said so you are one of those people that sells tix to the opposing fans and you don’t feel bad about that . He said nope and he didn’t care as long as he made a couple of bucks. What a jack ass.
Don’t judge. Did you ask if he’s got a job ? An ailing kid ? But reasons don’t matter. Watching the game isn’t as important to him as it is to you. That doesn’t speak to his character. Not your business.

Lose tickets for selling them? If so, then why does Rutgers have an official reseller (seat geek)? I don't think it a fair position when Rutgers itself is selling to opposing fans.
My man never not once did I ever sell my unused tickets to an opposing teams fanbase. I was offered lots of $$ and could have paid my whole season package including my seat donations selling 1 game a yr once we got to B1G. I know a number of people that sell their tickets for that reason. I know people that have purchased season tickets as investments to sell the tickets every game. It was a cheap investment with chance to turn pretty decent profits. I either ate the tickets, gave them away or sold them for face to RU fans. Many times surrounded by opposing teams fans in my section. I have brought opposing fans to games due to personal connection. My wife's boss went to UM brought him to 1st UM game (great game to do so) . He also brought me to the Big House. My 2 closest friends at work are a UM fan ( his son went to RU) and an OSU fan. Have brought them a number of times as they are both fans of RU as a 2nd team

The problem is it is very easy to get opposing fan seats at RU. We do not have a huge fan base, we have a fair weather fanbase and being that we are in NJ we are a money comes 1st area.

Don’t judge. Did you ask if he’s got a job ? An ailing kid ? But reasons don’t matter. Watching the game isn’t as important to him as it is to you. That doesn’t speak to his character. Not your business.
The guy is well off enough he was a silly drunk who likes drinking in the lot like a kid instead of supporting the team inside. He does not care about RU or it’s fans . Hope he never returns .

Reactions: rutgersal
The guy is well off enough he was a silly drunk who likes drinking in the lot like a kid instead of supporting the team inside. He does not care about RU or it’s fans . Hope he never returns .
I find it funny that people like you blame a random fan and not Rutgers for doing the same damn thing.

This.

I had 4 tickets available on the ticket exchange board listed 2 days prior at about $25-$35 less than SK.com and Seat Geek and didn’t get a bite.

I legitimately couldn’t make the game and wasn’t looking to eat/give away the tickets and trying hard to get them in Rutgers fans hands.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT