ADVERTISEMENT

RU should throw a parade for Carli Lloyd

Start at the Train Station on Easton Ave, hit Corner Tavern, Stuff yer Face , and Olde Queens Tavern, make the turn for College Ave and hit Olive Branch ,then back down College Ave to the lawn at Olde Queens/ Winants Hall/KirkPatrick Chapel for a huge party

Reactions: rutgerssax
Mohamed Sanu had an excellent idea as well:

carli%20lloyd_zpse8rgtb4w.jpg

At what football game will she be honored at halftime? Homecoming?

Halftime at the biggest home game...please yes!

Agreed. -A parade would be fine, but you can't guarantee how many people will show up. But at the biggest home game of the year, the crowd will be there and ready to give Carli the kind of cheering and ovation she deserves.

And, of course, ringing the bell in Carli's honor to go along with it!

]
I agree with this 100000%. There should definitely be more than a halftime wave for this. She should get a major celebration at RU.
Rutgers should go out there way to make a day for her. And homecoming has more people on RU campus than any event at Rutgers

Absolutely a halftime honor against OSU, check out this quote on SK.com. She is the Reggie Jackson of womens soccer...

Lloyd has scored the game-winning goals for the U.S. in the 2008 and 2012 Olympic gold medal games, and now the 2015 FIFA World Cup final.

Parade no. Halftime at the biggest home game...please yes!

Agree. Fantastic performance, especially Goal 3 from midfield.

Brings me back to my HS days when I scored a hat trick in the first half of a varsity game. The coach took the entire starting team off the field with 5 mins left in the half and played the 2nd team the rest of the game. To this day I swear I would have had at least 6 goals if he kept us in the rest of the way. One of the top ten sports moments in my athletic career. LOL

3-5-16 should be named a national Carli Lloyd Day!

The preview SI cover.. no jinx!
spr20150608d.jpg

Last edited:
Scoring like so effortlessly in the World Cup is never going to happen again I don't think. Rutgers should have something special for her accomplishments after she gave so much to Rutgers. I never was so excited watching soccer than that game.

It better not be some lame attempt at Carli waving to everyone for 9 seconds at halftime. They better roll out the Scarlet carpet and really make a big deal out of this. I'd name the soccer field after her at this point.

She's given the University more positive press than they could ever hope for, and well more than they deserve.

Reactions: MidwestKnights
Someone who knows Julie should make it happen: Honor RU's Best Known Athlete.

Her performance warrants it...and it will help in name recognition / as well as recruiting for women's / men's teams: PR is ALWAYS a positive.

GO RU!!!

MO

Agree. Fantastic performance, especially Goal 3 from midfield.

Brings me back to my HS days when I scored a hat trick in the first half of a varsity game. The coach took the entire starting team off the field with 5 mins left in the half and played the 2nd team the rest of the game. To this day I swear I would have had at least 6 goals if he kept us in the rest of the way. One of the top ten sports moments in my athletic career. LOL

Funny I read this and realized Glory Days from Springstern was on. So weighing the two performance, I vote for Carli's sports moment over yours. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: Knightmoves
If Rutgers were smart.. they'd at least make it a New Jersey thing and not just a Rutgers thing. Invite all the New Jersey players (and anyone else from the team they'd like to invite). Then you could celebrate teh team as a whole, the New Jersey contingent AND something special for Rutgers own...

Reactions: motorb54
Funny I read this and realized Glory Days from Springstern was on. So weighing the two performance, I vote for Carli's sports moment over yours. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

RUtix4me,

Thanks for the shout out comparing my hat trick in HS versus the one Carli got the other day. It took about 30 minutes to record mine while she did it in just over 15 mins. I would also vote for Carli's hat trick over mine. But it's nice to be remember the moment way back when. I still have the newspaper article from that day in the archives.

If Rutgers were smart.. they'd at least make it a New Jersey thing and not just a Rutgers thing. Invite all the New Jersey players (and anyone else from the team they'd like to invite). Then you could celebrate teh team as a whole, the New Jersey contingent AND something special for Rutgers own...

I like that idea. Make it a state thing in general and RU in particular.

Getting flashbacks of honoring the Tom's River little league world series champs. The crowd was pretty into it that day, but this would be way better. I hope the full team can come, and not just Carli.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT