ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Minnesota GAME THREAD :

we didn't blitz a LB that entire last series... nobody seems to be able to hold onto the QB when rushing 4... I miss Schiano's aggressive defense. Poor tackling when it counted most. and 1 poor snap-hold-pat kick from overtime. oh how I just love these games. 3 now we could have won without the mistakes. We could have been undefeated except for 3 top 5 team games.

Reactions: scarlet_ty
I actually had fun watching an RU football game today.

This is the ONLY thing i have wanted, just show me something. Some progress, some hope.

If the team continues to improve now the rest of the season, we will pick up momentum, and it will translate to recruiting season and then into the future. this is what i've wanted to see. If we come out swinging next game, then we know the Ash era has OFFICIALLY BEGAN.

as I just posted you cant put the blame on him when there were tons of other mistakes that cost RU points or led to points

RU had the lead and the defense couldnt stop them, that had nothing to do with PAT..make the plays to stop them
If he makes that it's a tie game going into OT. The defense sucked, special teams sucked, but don't say it had nothing to do with the missed PAT.

WHEN ARE LOSSES NOT TOUGH?! That saying is as redundant as ATM machine and PIN number

when the game is over after 10 minutes. I was ready to check out at 21-3, but kept listening and they made some plays but not enough.

*Sigh* another tough loss....On to the next and hope they leave Okruch in Minny and not sure I'm sold on Niemann (sp?) either.

Doesnt matter if lose by 2 or 50. Still 5th straight loss and no hope for a win the rest of the way.

Why do you think there's no hope of a win? Last I saw, Indiana was losing to Northwestern, and Indiana comes to us in two weeks. And maybe we can build on the good things from today and win another game on the remaining schedule. Or am I just drinking Kool-Aid here?

we didn't blitz a LB that entire last series... nobody seems to be able to hold onto the QB when rushing 4... I miss Schiano's aggressive defense. Poor tackling when it counted most. and 1 poor snap-hold-pat kick from overtime. oh how I just love these games. 3 now we could have won without the mistakes. We could have been undefeated except for 3 top 5 team games.
Schiano's D had different players, and while there were amazing moments, the middle seemed to be wide open every other play.

Painful.... my one complaint at the very end was, why not air it out with six seconds left?..... that lateral stuff on a short pass with a long way to go has no shot imho...... certainly not with our players.

If you throw the post pattern, two good things can happen...... they might commit pass interference, continuing the game..... then you just reload and do it again from a bit closer.

Or, the defender might fall down, two defenders banging into each other, a basic screw up..... I can see this happening at the college level....

Desperation? Sure... but you call the desperation play with a chance.

I think that we played better than we have at any other time this season. I like Gio at QB a lot. We still haven't learned to wrap up and tackle properly though.

Coach Ash needs to let Gio play continuously, the freshman needs to sit.

If he makes that it's a tie game going into OT. The defense sucked, special teams sucked, but don't say it had nothing to do with the missed PAT.
you can't put that all on the kicker. it was a poor snap (which we've had issues all year), a poor hold given the poor snap, and it threw off the kick.

There were so many othr plays or misses that could have made the difference. How bout the Int to end the half with 3 points in your pocket.

Technically it hurt, but they all add up drew.

Schiano's D had different players, and while there were amazing moments, the middle seemed to be wide open every other play.
yes, I agree. But even rushing 1 LB or a corner blitz....something other than stand back and let the QB have time like that.

I didnt say it had nothing to do with it, its part of it but RU had a chance to stop them and didnt with 3 minutes left. He also made a kick at a range we know he generally isnt good at making.

Gio also threw an INT before half that could have cost 3-7 points.

one of Rescignos best passes of the day was that 3rd and 20 when the receiver did not get a foot in bounds..... a pro would have achieved that a good percentage of the time.....

That would have been amazing to continue a drive facing a 3 rd and long..... just as impressive as
The td throws.

Reactions: BlockR and RUSK97
Why do you think there's no hope of a win? Last I saw, Indiana was losing to Northwestern, and Indiana comes to us in two weeks. And maybe we can build on the good things from today and win another game on the remaining schedule. Or am I just drinking Kool-Aid here?

until today I didn't think we had a shot. If Gio can stay healthy and our D can show up from the 1st qtr and we cut down the big mistakes (lol...yeah I know that's a lot)...we have a chance now for 1 or 2.

At least there is now hope again and something worth watching.

I do give em credit..they haven't quit so neither will I.

special teams are below Div2 level..very poorly coached. Should be interesting to see who stays and goes from staff..Special teams coach needs to go first or become off field coach..next Merhinger has to go.

Reactions: RUaMoose
I think that we played better than we have at any other time this season. I like Gio at QB a lot. We still haven't learned to wrap up and tackle properly though.

---
That one Manny run where the guy got down to the 10 yard line was a killer..... if we tackled him where we should have, maybe it's a 35 or 40 yard attempt...

Doesnt matter if lose by 2 or 50. Still 5th straight loss and no hope for a win the rest of the way.
That's an asinine statement especially after we've been crucified the past few weeks for losing by over 50. In a rebuilding year yes it does matter. Shows your not completely incompetent and not that far away with the right pieces. Another crock of shit cliché'.

Geo was hurt the entire 2nd half. Limping. Not 1 qb draw.

I didnt say it had nothing to do with it, its part of it but RU had a chance to stop them and didnt with 3 minutes left. He also made a kick at a range we know he generally isnt good at making.

Interceptions going to happen when you've had very little 1st team practice. Throws and decisions going to get better.

I realize now I mis-read your post and what you meant when you said about the PAT.

AND HIS PLAYER RAN OFF IN THUG GLORY,ACTING LIKE A A HOLE.. NICE JOB COACH!
Relax. Don't think it was intentional. Bang bang play. If the shoe was on the other foot, we would be in the same position.

one of Rescignos best passes of the day was that 3rd and 20 when the receiver did not get a foot in bounds..... a pro would have achieved that a good percentage of the time.....

That would have been amazing to continue a drive facing a 3 rd and long..... just as impressive as
The td throws.
It was Patton and he should have gotten his feet in. He was lazy that is a play all receivers should know how to make. That could have been a game changer.

Relax. Don't think it was intentional. Bang bang play. If the shoe was on the other foot, we would be in the same position.
I was highliting the players actions after ejection ran length of field,helmet off.screaming at crowd,acting like an Ahole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT