ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers’ 2021 paycheck game will evoke concern, some bad memories

Dumb move by Ash and company to schedule this game. Nothing to gain and everything to lose.
Agree. If you are going to schedule FCS, you must schedule one that has 0% chance of beating you. Not a 1% chance. Not even a 0.1% chance. ZERO percent.

If we were so intent on playing a Delaware team, we should have scheduled Delaware State.

Does Delaware have a QB half as mobile as Ricky Santos? That's been a problem for Rutgers for the last 4 head coaches. If they have a drop back statue I'm not worried, even if he has a cannon arm.

Lot of whining in this thread. Rutgers should beat Delaware. There were a lot of things not to like about the Ash era but I am glad he brought back the regional OOC games whether it was UMass, Monmouth, Delaware or Syracuse. Given the large footprint of our conf slate, it's nice to have games that are within driving or train distance.

Lot of whining in this thread. Rutgers should beat Delaware. There were a lot of things not to like about the Ash era but I am glad he brought back the regional OOC games whether it was UMass, Monmouth, Delaware or Syracuse. Given the large footprint of our conf slate, it's nice to have games that are within driving or train distance.
This
If we have to be concerned about a depleted Delaware squad, we have bigger problems than we thought.
and this

I agree.. top FCS teams are a no-win situtation. Delaware ain't even a good recruiting state... really.. nothing to gain here.

Eastern time zone only for any non-P5 OOC game.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
Like the schools that continue to schedule North Dakota State and lose .. Iowa, Kansas State, over and over … dumb move absolutely stupid and after cancelling UCLA Hobbs has been terrible with the football scheduling

I like the regional games, but I am an old timer that loved eastern football at one point . The reality is we have one of the toughest schedules in the country and we need cupcakes out of conference . It doesn’t matter where they are from

The biggest takeaway from that article is that of the 31 times we’ve played them, three of those games ended in ties.

Playing local FCS teams is fine, but as the quote goes, “never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake”.

The ACC screwed up by having no members along by the coast between VA and Boston. Keep them irrelevant in the most important part of the Atlantic Coast.

It is also dumb to help BC and Syracuse with NJ and eastern PA recruiting by scheduling games with them. Make them deal with their barren recruiting footprint.

Playing local FCS teams is fine, but as the quote goes, “never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake”.

The ACC screwed up by having no members along by the coast between VA and Boston. Keep them irrelevant in the most important part of the Atlantic Coast.

It is also dumb to help BC and Syracuse with NJ and eastern PA recruiting by scheduling games with them. Make them deal with their barren recruiting footprint.
+1

There plenty of other schools we could play (again, in the Eastern Time Zone) that help us while hindering those you mention.

Good luck trying to fill a stadium with those opponents.

GO RU

On a Friday night on Labor Day Weekend if it's not raining to open the season I'll bet the stadium would be filled for Lehigh or Lafayette. I don't know how well Fordham travels so perhaps they might not sell out the visitors allotment.

On a Friday night on Labor Day Weekend if it's not raining to open the season I'll bet the stadium would be filled for Lehigh or Lafayette. I don't know how well Fordham travels so perhaps they might not sell out the visitors allotment.
None of them would probably sell their allotment but for your scenario…Friday night of LDW any of them work because:
- we want a W first
- nobody hurt second
- and fun third

Does Delaware have a QB half as mobile as Ricky Santos? That's been a problem for Rutgers for the last 4 head coaches. If they have a drop back statue I'm not worried, even if he has a cannon arm.
Nolan Henderson - he's incredibly mobile. His game is very similar to Johnny Manziel when it comes to scrambling and extending plays. This will be a tough game as UD returns everyone from their squad that made the National Semi-Finals, along with a great RB in Dejoun Lee who is an army transfer. the defense has some real dudes on it (Colby Reeder at LB, Kedrick Whitehead at DB who is an All American)

RU will win this game but it will be up in the air till about mid-way through the 3rd where I think RU asserts its will. Im predicting 34-20 RU

I believe in Coach
D1 leading tackler O3
Cock nose
Melton
Pacheco
Cruickshank
Youngblood
Izien
Ect ect

52-17 easy
Games are won in the trenches. UD does not match up with Rutgers in the trenches especially talent-wise. Also, I see our speed and special teams giving them a lot of problems.

UD is not in the same class as North Dakota State or South Dakota State, so acting as if they are says more about what some of you think of Rutgers. The best way to look at the game is through matchups, schemes, coaching, talent, etc.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
C’mon Kratch nothing better to write about?
This Rutgers Program is not a fledgling Big East Program with a young inexperienced head coach.
This program is the real deal! No need to bring up the past. In time we will even leave our old Big East foes in this dust.
Those losses to New Hampshire, Nova and even UConn were painful but that was a lifetime ago! Let it die.

You're not helping them if you beat them. Assert your dominance and beat them on the field.

You're not helping them if you beat them. Assert your dominance and beat them on the field.
Nope. It’s still a stupid idea even if you beat them, because you let recruits leave NJ to go to other schools but still have games in NJ in front of their extended family and friends.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Nope. It’s still a stupid idea even if you beat them, because you let recruits leave NJ to go to other schools but still have games in NJ in front of their extended family and friends.
+1

There are more than enough fish in the sea (in the eastern time zone) to fill that quota.

Give me a USF, UCF, any of the big three in Florida (if they’ll come here too) for the Florida speed and a directional school from somewhere (anywhere for a bought game) and I’m fine. If we’re allowed a FCS game, get a local.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT