ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Baseball Hosts Penn State in Big Ten Action

I wish you guys would stop driving down Penn State's RPI. We have to play them soon...

As I type this, Rutgers is 10-7 in the Big Ten, having the same record as Michigan State and Nebraska. There are 3 teams above the 10-7 group — Maryland, Indiana, Iowa. 8 teams make the Big Ten Conference Baseball Tournament.

Last edited:
As I type this, Rutgers is 10-7 in the Big Ten, having the same record as Michigan State and Nebraska. There are 3 teams above the 10-7 group — Maryland, Indiana, Iowa. 8 teams make the Big Ten Conference Baseball Tournament.

It is interesting to click on the statistics. Rutgers has the lowest team ERA in the Big Ten in league games, and second lowest overall.

Last edited:
Let’s get the sweep today. Team is exciting and on a roll. Let’s make hay in the BIG Tournament.

Interesting. Big standings show Iowa at 10-7 in 3 rd place and RU at 11-7 in 4th place.

Interesting. Big standings show Iowa at 10-7 in 3 rd place and RU at 11-7 in 4th place.
I looked this morning and it shows RU in third place in the conference , ahead of Iowa. BTW, Iowa does have an overall better record than RU.

I looked this morning and it shows RU in third place in the conference , ahead of Iowa. BTW, Iowa does have an overall better record than RU.
Yeah, eventually they get it right. But they often do standings in the wrong order, and count the same results twice, etc. I usually look at other sources first.

Great to see RU with a recent string of success n the diamond. Keep it up and make the B1G more interesting this month :).

RU baseball is still on pace for 35 wins with an outside shot at 40 with a deep run in B10 tournament.

RU upgraded schedule and hopefully they will continue to upgrade their schedule in the future.
B10 got 2 bids last year and We are currently behind Indiana and Maryland.
Hopefully one of those 2 teams falter and we can capitalize on that

RU baseball is still on pace for 35 wins with an outside shot at 40 with a deep run in B10 tournament.

RU upgraded schedule and hopefully they will continue to upgrade their schedule in the future.
B10 got 2 bids last year and We are currently behind Indiana and Maryland.
Hopefully one of those 2 teams falter and we can capitalize on that
UCLA and USC entering the B1G will upgrade the schedule by default. That being said as we continue to grow, I firmly believe we will continue to play a challenging yet winnable OOC slate.

Good call on that. Illinois at home and Minnesota on the road are winnable series. I'd love to get 2 of 3 from each plus Albany next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT