ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers basketball: a hot ticket!

PiscatawayMike

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2001
Scarlet Knight Country!
200 bucks (on the secondary market) to sit in the 300 level during the 2024-2025 season is a Dylan Harper commitment away!

(I can only imagine what prime seats would go for.)

my-wallet-hurts-just-hearing-that-michael-kucharski.gif

Reactions: Scangg
No way are they moving this team out to redo the RAC. If it comes to fruition, it has the potential to rival or surpass the best team at Rutgers ever. And you're going to have that playing in Newark or Trenton? No way. Jersey Mike's will suck it up for the added exposure.

Last edited:
50 years from now no one will remember the $10 million from jersey mikes if they bail (especially with us making $100 million a year) but everyone would remember a Final Four, or National Championship .. play it in the RAC and find a way to move the offices in the off-season to the perfomance center and put the luxury seating there, put the bleachers back in 118 and there’s your added attendance

200 bucks (on the secondary market) to sit in the 300 level during the 2024-2025 season is a Dylan Harper commitment away!

(I can only imagine what prime seats would go for.)

my-wallet-hurts-just-hearing-that-michael-kucharski.gif
Bball should double season tix prices. Likely triple for the 100’s. The market will pay that.

Does anybody know if there is any intention to increase seating capacity at the RAC with all the re-model talk?

It's kind of a cool image to think how it's currently almost bursting open from being so crowded, and lots of noise. I hope you wouldn't lose that with a bigger arena and possible empty seats. I hope it stays smallish. Duke does okay with a little place. It makes it more special to be able to attend, and I think you have that same vibe at Rutgers...

Bball should double season tix prices. Likely triple for the 100’s. The market will pay that.
Not yet K

Team has been good for 3 years
Get in for Indiana was $4.00

You do it in increments. Less sticker shock and better tolerated across the board.

You start going to FF’s then the larger increases are justified

Reactions: ldwnmas
50 years from now no one will remember the $10 million from jersey mikes if they bail (especially with us making $100 million a year) but everyone would remember a Final Four, or National Championship .. play it in the RAC and find a way to move the offices in the off-season to the perfomance center and put the luxury seating there, put the bleachers back in 118 and there’s your added attendance
I actually believe those offices are empty already

Hobbs said that they don't want to move out of the RAC at all, and have plenty of ways to make that happen.
in other notes, stop crying about the Rock. It's a great venue. If we had to play some games there it would be fine.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Hobbs said that they don't want to move out of the RAC at all, and have plenty of ways to make that happen.
in other notes, stop crying about the Rock. It's a great venue. If we had to play some games there it would be fine.
I don't believe that's even an option. The schedule conflicts would be too much of a hassle. Between the Devils and Seton Hall plus all the other events already there, it would be a logistical nightmare.

Enough w the non Rac stuff
Fund a way to get it done

More money, different planners, etc
Off season, during season, whatever

We’re on the precepis of something big
Don’t mess it up

Reactions: FastMJ and wheezer
Exactly HOW MAN SEATS do you think were lost in 118?

Exactly HOW MAN SEATS do you think were lost in 118?
If the bleacher capacity was 100 and the luxury seating is 30 it’s worth the $$ to get an extra 70 loud voices down courtside behind the basket

Also, I thought the offices were empty also but saw this season that the desks were still clearly occupied, banners and things hanging in cubicles so maybe marketing team. Also used the front row against the glass for some kind of press seating it appeared

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT