ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers falls to Maryland in round one of B1G Tournament

I know he won’t but Pike has every right to be disgusted with himself and these guys for this bullshit. Like this is what you bring in your “new season?” Holy Christ. Just put a bullet in Old Yeller.

Pike needs to skip the locker room and get on the phone as soon as this game ends

The team failed us. I was at the acc tournament this afternoon and no fanbase cheered the team like Riot Squad while down by 20+.

I get killing Simpsons shooting its awful. He has dished the ball out well tonight and no one is finishing. The kid rebounds big for a PG, plays great D , handles well.

Currently there isn’t another PG on the team. I get he took Paul’s job so the mob attacks the kid.

Floux it’s a joke brother!
say what again pulp fiction GIF

The players never really developed as the season when on. In fact, they regressed. That is on coaching. Period. Coaches need to own it and prove they can coach at this level next year. No excuses of 5 freshman. That is on the coaches and roster development. Even NIL is not an excuse. Too many projects on roster that didn't develop fast enough. Coaches are paid well to get it right or get out.

I get killing Simpsons shooting its awful. He has dished the ball out well tonight and no one is finishing. The kid rebounds big for a PG, plays great D , handles well.

Currently there isn’t another PG on the team. I get he took Paul’s job so the mob attacks the kid.
A good point guard learns how to play within himself. Simpson does not effectively do that

I don't feel the need to watch this embarrassment to the bitter end. The season post mortems are going to be ugly and deservedly so. Pike better line up some bags because I can't see portal guys with options opting to join this offensive juggernaut. Prepare to be underwhelmed otherwise.

Pike needs to have the talk with the whole team. Gutless. Would get punked at your local ymca

Well yes we did to a decent extent. It wasn't so much x o but strategy, situations, line ups, and even to some extent individual coaching. We called timeouts and plays. I guess to my point I took it seriously. There was actually a Rutgers football player on our team who listened to my coaching. And since another was my son who coached all 10 years he did too.
The guy who was the head coach was actually friends with a former RU player-coach who would come to a few games.

Regardless.. we did our best to make them care and play hard vs. oh let's just have fun and get some exercise.
okay. That’s a lot of coaches for high school kids that want to hang with their friends on a Wednesday night.

Eight more minutes of misery before thee season ends.Fans have high confidence that Rutgers will score more than 40 points.

guys its our fault. we post stuff and the players look at their cell phones which hurts their feelings
Actually it’s because I posted on the message board that this is not a big game and, as everyone knows, that is functionally equivalent to the coach telling the players that this is not a big game.

Well, let's see if nice guy Pike has the balls to do what needs to be done. He's been loyal to a fault and it bit him in the ass.

Don’t be surprised if Dylan and Ace aren’t good shooters and will have a rude awakening playing against grown men and big boy defenses
They will be 10x better offensively than anything we have on the roster right now. Low bar, but they’ll be an improvement no matter what

Reactions: RUDivision
Just so bad at everything, but it starts with intensity and there is none. Pike needs to clean house and reestablish the fight and intensity his teams are known for. At least we'll have much better talent next year and if we can get that intensity back with it, we'll be pretty good. Despite his ups and downs this year, really would love to have Cliff back as he could thrive with players who can score and dish to him and prevent him from being doubled all the time.

Simpson is playing out of position. Last year with ball in his hand he was a playmaker. This year it sounds like he is being told to score/shoot.

He is a TERRIBLE shooter and not sure what is going on with coaching with him or this entire team

The announcer just called Dylan Grant the 4th best recruit (or something like that). Nothing against Grant, and I hope he has a great RU career, but he clearly meant Dylan Harper.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT