ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football defeats Temple, 36-7

I was really happy with how Wimsatt progressed today. He came through some adversity between the end of the 2nd quarter and a chunk of the third. However, when he caught the Temple D on a late sub for a 5-yard penalty that told me how much he's grown. Thought he played really well in the fourth. Yes, Temple was exhausted and beaten, but credit for Wimsatt for his part in ultimately beating Temple down.

Let’s give some kudos to the Oline - 2 games no sacks, minimal motion and holding penalties, opened up running game. Remember how many good gains last year got called back for penalties stopping drives.
We put up 36 on Temple vs 16 last year. And we help the defense by burning the clock on offense.

None of the negative nancies (we all know their forum names) ever congratulate our boys when we win , are happy about the win and they always disappear when we win. They out themselves as negatoids and non RU fans but they are too stupid to even realize that . We all know they are not RU fans .
I’m not disappearing. I’m a glass half empty guy. But the Team did beat a weaker opponent more thoroughly than I expected. I didn’t expect running game dominance, so I congratulate the O. I hope to see better play from Wimsatt when the ground game won’t be so strong.

Reactions: BlockR
Woke up at 505am in Italy to check the score.had planned to get up at half time .glad it was late in 4th quarter when I checked the score!
Good work bye the Oline to wear down Temple.line seems improved.
Good job Coach Flats.
How was passing game to WRs?
Looks like Rbs caught passes?
2-0.
Beat VT!

Reactions: Luvscarletknights
Yea i was impressed with some passes he had. That long throw was absolutely beautiful.
Hopefully handcuffs will come off soon. If GW can excel, oh man~~~~~~~ with this defense, Top 25!!!!
We need more speed on D. particularly in the secondary. We could have had a couple more INTs and PDs if the secondary was just a little faster.

22-7=15. 3 scores.

I'm ignoring the 2PAT. I think that's standard.

Am I wrong?
Yes. You can’t ignore the extra points. You call it a 2 score game, or a 3 score game, when the other team is required to score that many touchdowns/fgs to at least tie.

It wasn’t a bad call by Schiano, because the FG made it that RU couldn’t be beat by 2 touchdowns and simple kicked PATs, but it wasn’t a 3 score game (17+ point lead).

Reactions: RUfan2012
I’m not disappearing. I’m a glass half empty guy. But the Team did beat a weaker opponent more thoroughly than I expected. I didn’t expect running game dominance, so I congratulate the O. I hope to see better play from Wimsatt when the ground game won’t be so strong.

That’s crap and you know it. It’s one thing
to not like Schiano’s philosophy of playing it safe. It’s understandable to get frustrated when the game seems closer than it should be because of it (I.e. the in game posts complaining that the game has passes Schiano by). However, in 2 straight weeks now, his philosophy has worked out as intended - no nail biter down the stretch as we’ve been able to consistently move the football and put points on the board when we need to (we switch to the cautious style it seems when we have a 2 score lead and reverted back to more aggressive immediately when Temple cut the lead to 6). Again - many of us didn’t like that strategy at the time, but you can’t deny now it worked out for him. The team responded well following his blueprint.

You sound ridiculous when you say we run only 3 plays. We had 5 different receivers make receptions in the Temple game in a variety of different ways. So far, the RB pass plays have been mixed in strategically to catch the opponent by surprise. Nearly all of them have gone for big plays. We’re very deep in the run game and mix up RPO and traditional run plays.

Woke up at 505am in Italy to check the score.had planned to get up at half time .glad it was late in 4th quarter when I checked the score!
Good job Coach Flats.
2-0.
Beat VT!
Score was misleading. We dominated this game start to finish. Easily could’ve been 50-0.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Congrats on your win!

I know some will dismissively say "it was only Temple"; but, you thoroughly thumped an overmatched foe.

That is all you can do.

I dont know that I get a ton of joy out of beating Temple - though Im happy to see this rivalry continue. Im old enough to remember when we nearly met their fate in the Big East. Admire the resilience of the program working their way all the way back and having some success over the past decade.

Yes. You can’t ignore the extra points. You call it a 2 score game, or a 3 score game, when the other team is required to score that many touchdowns/fgs to at least tie.

It wasn’t a bad call by Schiano, because the FG made it that RU couldn’t be beat by 2 touchdowns and simple kicked PATs, but it wasn’t a 3 score game (17+ point lead).

OK. Fair enough.

There are no words....Pathetic post.

Even at 13-7. I was never concerned.

They are staying Vanilla with VA Tech coming to town.

If referees were better it would have been much easier in 3rd Quarter. After the lead official and assistant met in corner of the endzone during a TV timeout the referees stopped trying to be the stars of the show.

Go RU. Team is much Improved......

Good job Coach Flats.
2-0.
Beat VT!
Ciao.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT