ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football notes 11/16: Thoughts on Harris and more

ChrisNalwasky

All American
Staff
Mar 25, 2018
It was cold and windy out at Rutgers Football practice on Wednesday. Here are some highlighted notes from talking with head coach Greg Schiano afterwards.

-- In regards to Nunzio Campanile taking over interim offensive coordinator duties, Schiano was asked about how he’s been off the field. Schiano said he’s a “seasoned coach”. Being in charge is nothing new and he’s stepped right in. Tough circumstances, but he’s done a heckuva job.

-- Nothing new regarding next year’s OC when asked about continuity preference.

-- I asked about Taj Harris’ social media post from this morning and if Harris could be back with the team next year. Schiano said he didn’t see the post and answered it with that angle.

-- Injury updates on Ireland Brown (not sure), Victor Konopka (likely won’t be back this season), and Deion Jennings (not sure). We forgot to ask about Rene Konga.

-- Schiano said oftentimes he will talk with and ask questions to Adam Korsak. “Adam is different. I haven't seen a lot of him in my years of coaching. He’s a special guy.”

-- Kyle Monangai had a good day running the ball against Michigan State, and Schiano said he hopes that can continue. Also noted that the level of defense from Penn State will be much tougher.

“He was knocking some people around and played like a real Big Ten back.”

-- Schiano’s thoughts on Senior Day:

“It’s always a sad day for me. You have kids that spilled everything and worked hard. We’re getting near the end. It’s exciting because who knows what life will be like for them next. Some will play football and others will move on to the real world. We won’t get to see them every day in a short time. It’s always tough to have the ceremony and handing off flowers and then all of sudden you have to knock somewhere in their mouth. That’s peculiar. I go with it because that’s how we roll and we’ve always done it. They do deserve to be recognized of course.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News