ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Rutgers Football offers Monmouth WR Dymere Miller

He hails from Pennsylvania and went to Coatesville High School where he was teammates with the Young brothers (Aaron, Avery ) before spending a prep year at Salisbury School up in Connecticut. Some of you might even remember Miller, as he was also on this list last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: thegock
Kid had 92 receptions this year,
I’m going to assume he runs 4.4 or GS wouldn’t have offered him.
Too many ties to ignore- from Richie's writeup:

"Miller was a track star and was a part of the Coatesville 4x100 relay team that finished second in Pennsylvania (Aaron Young was also a member of that relay team)."

As for his 40 time, found this, but can't get it to post 4.43

I mean we got the JD Direnzo out of Sacred Heart. He was our best lineman last year. Were not above getting All Americans from FCS. Some of those kids can play.

If you want to complain about not getting P5 transfers then open your wallet.
Why would a P5 transfer come to a bottom 5 passing offense in the nation???

if you’re a decent player you could realistically have more receiving yards in one game than you will all season at RU at any school with a decent QB and offensive coaching staff.

I mean we got the JD Direnzo out of Sacred Heart. He was our best lineman last year. Were not above getting All Americans from FCS. Some of those kids can play.

If you want to complain about not getting P5 transfers then open your wallet.
I've said this before, contributors can come from anywhere. Whether this player comes and then works out, I don't know but I won't assume it won't. Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

The lead rusher in the SEC at Mizzou is a D2 walk on transfer. Cam Ward who is in the portal now and will likely get some good NIL was at WSU for 2 years from Incarnate Word. Austin Reed top passer in the country last year at WKU from University of West Florida. That's after following Bailey Zappe from Houston Baptist. Didn't Jared Verse go from Albany to FSU. There are others across the FBS.

Potential contributors can be found from anywhere so I never assume anything but it's up to the coaches to make it work with what they get.

Last edited:
Jackson was D2 and a good pick up. But seems we are only offering realistic options (i.e. cheap - which is concerning).

I like him
Quick, crisp with great moves - can turn his hips without tripping over his feet - and a hands WR.
Already ahead of what RU has.
Victor Cruz was invisible at UMass

Last edited:
He hails from Pennsylvania and went to Coatesville High School where he was teammates with the Young brothers (Aaron, Avery ) before spending a prep year at Salisbury School up in Connecticut. Some of you might even remember Miller, as he was also on this list last year.
Watched 3 Monmouth games on tv ( YES ) and this kid is worth the offer . The RB also is a dynamo and can really scoot.

Too many ties to ignore- from Richie's writeup:

"Miller was a track star and was a part of the Coatesville 4x100 relay team that finished second in Pennsylvania (Aaron Young was also a member of that relay team)."

As for his 40 time, found this, but can't get it to post 4.43
Any 40 time in the 4.4’s and this kids production is an excellent offer.
He ain’t a secret, I hope we land him!

you guys crack me up

with his speed, he'd of had d1 offers or there is something wrong in the package

for every successful d2/d3 guy, there are far more who were not. You don't want to build out a roster and rely on depth with these kids. You think higher rated kids don't look down on this?

I'm fine with 1 or 2, no doubt some diamonds but holy cow man, it's all ivy and lower rated stuff of late. not good

Reactions: Morrischiano
you guys crack me up

with his speed, he'd of had d1 offers or there is something wrong in the package

for every successful d2/d3 guy, there are far more who were not. You don't want to build out a roster and rely on depth with these kids. You think higher rated kids don't look down on this?

I'm fine with 1 or 2, no doubt some diamonds but holy cow man, it's all ivy and lower rated stuff of late. not good
Do we know this kids current offers, other than ours?
I don’t care about his offers out of high school, that was 3 years ago

you guys crack me up

Weren't you the one who looked down on our D2 AA transfer Jacquae Jackson while he was also offered by Texas A&M, Michigan State, Miami, West Virginia, Pittsburgh and Colorado?

Tiquan Underwood and Pitt pick-up the scent - or was it vice versa lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
you guys crack me up

He already has OTHER P5 offers....SMDH....you never stop with the nonsense. NEVER.

His Twitter bio background pic-- 😂 :

1500x500

😂😂😂

Tom Cruise GIF by Jerology

Any 40 time in the 4.4’s and this kids production is an excellent offer.
He ain’t a secret, I hope we land him!
I believe his speed will not be an issue but he is a WR and a player we certainly could use. Now we need to bring in at least 1 QB… Rupp and Oliver both gone?

there is no kid in NJ with sub 4.5 speed that will not get at least a cursory review by d1 when coming out of hs. Now what group, program etc and that cursory review becomes greater

that's the point

now he could have developed more and polished up his game and is truly a BIG receiver in the making, no one knows.

all I'm saying is you want better qb and personnel to look at us, you are not filling the roster with Ivy and Monmouth players. The world has changed

you guys crack me up

You sound really dumb. Watch the offers these guys get that we offered already. If you had any acuity at watching football film, you would be able to identify talent. Obviously you don't. You should probably sit this one out.

Reactions: TRU2RU and sct1111
Weren't you the one who looked down on our D2 AA transfer Jacquae Jackson while he was also offered by Texas A&M, Michigan State, Miami, West Virginia, Pittsburgh and Colorado?
no that doesn't sound familiar

my point stands and the numbers validate my view. Far more don't pan out that do. Not saying he will or won't but my concern, and should be everyone's, is that we're in the BIG and want a supporting cast to support that endeavor. Betting men don't bet on long underdog

can't teach speed and size so why is he at Monmouth instead of somewhere where 4.43 speed matters more? that's all, it's a valid view

You sound really dumb. Watch the offers these guys get that we offered already. If you had any acuity at watching football film, you would be able to identify talent. Obviously you don't. You should probably sit this one out.
you should read more and have better understanding of the whole thing

when you do, you'll see my point

you should read more and have better understanding of the whole thing

when you do, you'll see my point
I have a really good understanding of the situation. You obviously don't. The portal just opened yesterday. The guys we already offered are being chased by some of the biggest football schools in the country. Yet they're not good enough for you. Check out who's offered Joey Slackman from UPenn. You're clueless if you don't think some of these Ivy or FCS guys can't help us. That's just the facts.

ivy and monmouth

not liking this at all

Miller has been well covered by others, so let me deal with Ivy. A common theme this year is that Rutgers needs add depth across the board. And there has been good news about some of the better OL returning. Which brings us to depth. One of the OL offers was to a 1st team All - Ivy player. The other to a 2nd teamer. The TE offer is to the 1st Team All-Ivy TE. No, not a 1st team All-B1G TE, but do you think he could have helped this fall? Finally, the DL offer was to a 1st teamer. Depth at a minimum. Possibly more. And no 7 figure NIL.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Imagine the NFL worked like NIL is in college.

The big market teams with most money just look at teh All-Pro selections at the end of the year and pair it with Heismann ballots and other college awards and make their offers. Draft? what draft? Salary cap? What salary cap?

So you have the big name big money college programs who look at every conference's All-conference lists and send out feelers to encourage who they want to transfer and they make their offer. After a couple years.. the best will have the best all stacked up with shopping lists going forward.

The rich get richer. The rest settle for whoever is left over. Even Coach Prime says he will not bid for players (but he will.. he'll have others do it for him.. but that is a great bargaining position for him to stake out).

I wonder what sports agent companies have NIL practices going now. Sneaker companies pair with such a broker and college NIL collectives.. and basically decide who goes where by offering some incentives to support their brand investments in certain college programs.

Interesting times.

From P5, Pitt and Texas Tech have offered him. Also G5 in FAU, ECU, North Texas, Etc.

If you can play you can play. Jackson was our best receiver and he came from D2. Look how many FCS kids in the portal are getting major P5 (P4) offers.
Well I just take it as these kind of players aren’t your typical FCS (or lower level) players but are ones that must be excelling and might have a reasonable chance to succeed at a higher level given the right circumstance and fit.

Reactions: Rokodesh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT