ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Honors College

IMG_0116_zpstlfgkzjf.jpg

from facebook- Courtyard coming together.

There is a large tent at the corner of Bishop and George. Anyone know what is going on?

I like it. Initial reservations on this project dealt with the height of the buildings and overall scale but I am impressed with the outcome. I hope the lot 8 project final product is equally impressive. I love the public space portion of the lot 8 project but the architecture hits me as a little to sterile and institutional, hope I am wrong.

IMG_0116_zpstlfgkzjf.jpg

There is a large tent at the corner of Bishop and George. Anyone know what is going on?

Wish this existed when I applied ...this is gorgeous. Meanwhile, the towers are still the towers.

I know someone who got into the Honors College...and they have no idea how lucky they are.

It's very nice!

Only minor qualm is I wish they stuck with the Rutgers seal design for the clock instead of making it so plain.

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
IMG_0116_zpstlfgkzjf.jpg

That really looks terrific!

Looks good!

In addition, I just saw a notice on the Highland Park Boro website stating that Johnson Park will be closed tomorrow from 9-9:30 pm due to "Rutgers holding a private fireworks display for a building dedication." I can only assume that is what those tents are for RU_G.

I've mentioned this before but would like to see some of the landscaping for pure Rutgers projects like this be done by some of our LA students...

"This landscaping for this space was designed by _______, SEBS Class of ____"

I've mentioned this before but would like to see some of the landscaping for pure Rutgers projects like this be done by some of our LA students...

"This landscaping for this space was designed by _______, SEBS Class of ____"

That's actually something that I'm working towards, as a student, to get our students more involved in Rutgers projects. There are thousands of things we could be doing, but are not, with class projects. Having worked a bit on the RU250 this past semester, I know it works, we just need to do it.

By working towards, I mean that I'm in discussions with several different admins, moving up the chain in terms of convincing them its a good idea.

Reactions: Leonard23
Wouldn't you need some kind of license to design something like this in the state of NJ? Unless you are talking about designing and then hiring a firm to just sign off on it? These kinds of plans are usually associated with the original engineering drawings.

Wouldn't you need some kind of license to design something like this in the state of NJ? Unless you are talking about designing and then hiring a firm to just sign off on it? These kinds of plans are usually associated with the original engineering drawings.

There could be a potential design liability issue unless perhaps it can be done by studnets under the guidance and supervision of a professor who is also a licensed practitioner.

There could be a potential design liability issue unless perhaps it can be done by studnets under the guidance and supervision of a professor who is also a licensed practitioner.
Yes. It would be a good assumption that students would be doing things under the supervision of a professor.

Just to give you an example, I assisted in the creation of the RU250 audio tour application. Next year/later this year, when it's released, there will be an audio tour of Rutgers Athletics available for you to see, though I'm not sure exactly how that'll be when it's finalized. That was done in a Rutgers History department class. Another class is creating the design of the application, and a comp sci class can create the actual application. This kind of in-class project is a fantastic way to have students working towards a better Rutgers, and being able to put things on their resume.

We could have a small beauty trade school cutting hair and such in the spa on livi. Business students doing work with the supply side of Rutgers dining. We could have a small culinary program at places like Henry's. So many options.

Just to give you an example, I assisted in the creation of the RU250 audio tour application. Next year/later this year, when it's released, there will be an audio tour of Rutgers Athletics available for you to see, though I'm not sure exactly how that'll be when it's finalized. That was done in a Rutgers History department class. Another class is creating the design of the application, and a comp sci class can create the actual application. This kind of in-class project is a fantastic way to have students working towards a better Rutgers, and being able to put things on their resume.

We could have a small beauty trade school cutting hair and such in the spa on livi. Business students doing work with the supply side of Rutgers dining. We could have a small culinary program at places like Henry's. So many options.
+1

And I'm just talking about planting a tree or bush here or there by somebody at the stage in their major where they should KNOW what they're doing.

With apologies to some of my former floor mates in Woodbury back in the day who were LA students..it ain't rocket science or brain surgery here. So I am not sure of any major liability issues?

An excellent addition to campus both architecturally and program wise. Hopefully Rutgers will keep in good shape for when my son moves in 2031.

Looks like a great facility. I wouldn't want my kid living there this Fall however due to the off-gassing of all those new construction materials.

Laugh all you want but do a little research on new construction toxic air quality and you will understand.

Are they real bells or speaker sound effects?
Alas Jim only on Rivals would I expose the man behind the curtain ...they are an electronic carillon ....not to many of the real bells made anymore . The Seminary has a real one that has been out of commission for years and would have cost several hundred thousand just to repair. It is a lost art form. We play the notes on a keyboard and they are electronically reproduced as bells.

Alas Jim only on Rivals would I expose the man behind the curtain ...they are an electronic carillon ....not to many of the real bells made anymore . The Seminary has a real one that has been out of commission for years and would have cost several hundred thousand just to repair. It is a lost art form. We play the notes on a keyboard and they are electronically reproduced as bells.
Great job!

From your comments on the Facebook page I can see only one minor (but that depends on who you ask or who sees it- lol) mistake.

Hopefully nobody notices. But if they do...you'll know. LOL

Great job!

From your comments on the Facebook page I can see only one minor (but that depends on who you ask or who sees it- lol) mistake.

Hopefully nobody notices. But if they do...you'll know. LOL
Ok FDNY!!!! My comrades and I are sitting around the conference table tying to discern where we screwed up (well lot of screw ups ) but curious which one you noticed?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT