ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Hosting Long Beach State Transfer Jadon Jones

Harper and Martini aren’t top athletes and no, so far this isnt a tall team. Too many 6’5” guys, especially if Jones commits
Reports and evaluations are what I stated. Not saying he won't be fantastic, but he's not an athletic specimen, nor was his brother or even his father. He's a big bodied 1.
you work so damn hard to find that tiny negativity needle in the big haystack of good stuff. Kudos to you, bro.

Last edited:
Say we land him......

Are we having a 8 man rotation of everyone playing 20 minutes for the non center spots?
Would JaMike be out of the rotation
Did Dercack come to be a practce player?
Does Acuff go from 8th highest scorer to playing 15 minutes

Pike has gone from being too nice and not wanting to upset players by giving competition to throwing a bunch of guys in to a pit and seeing who the survivors are almost overnight.

Plus it would be only 1 spot for a center.
Do you suggest getting players that could not make a rotation just to make others happy? Give me better players wanting the rock all day long. Let the best players play

Do you suggest getting players that could not make a rotation just to make others happy? Give me better players wanting the rock all day long. Let the best players play
Judging by interviews with all the new guys, they are fully aware of the roster for next year and that they'll have to earn minutes. Sounds like Pike and staff have done a good job of setting expectations.

These all seem like the kind of kids who love to win.

Judging by interviews with all the new guys, they are fully aware of the roster for next year and that they'll have to earn minutes. Sounds like Pike and staff have done a good job of setting expectations.

These all seem like the kind of kids who love to win.
It’s a roster full of guys who aren’t afraid of competition and want to win more than anything else.

These threads lately with Shelby and greenfig really reveal them as the trolls they are

Complain that the players are not good enough

And THEN when we ARE building a team with good depth - they then complain that there’s only one rock and only so many minutes blah blah

They complain either way. It’s truly amazing to see and so friggin transparent

These threads lately with Shelby and greenfig really reveal them as the trolls they are

Complain that the players are good enough

And THEN when we are building a team with good depth complain that there only one rock and so many minutes

Those guys are ridiculous. And this is coming from a guy that doesn’t mind some trolling !!

And THEN when we ARE building a team with good depth - they then complain that there’s only one rock and only so many minutes blah blah

Greene is not a troll, he's just a pessimist.

Fair enough. I was gonna clarify my post

He’s been on here a VERY long time and don’t doubt that he’s a loyal RU fan. But man, just miserable. Goes out of his way to be miserable no matter what. Strange really

Shelby - jury is out on him imho.

Reactions: fluoxetine

Has Pike in the past not built rosters before without a lot of depth so he didn't "ruffle" feathers or "break" promises of the people that were already on team?

Good article from Fonseca on the visit. We're up against Oklahoma and Butler. Seems like a very mature kid.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketbal...recaps-rutgers-visit-updates-recruitment.html
Also makes me think he doesn’t end up here. Unless he quickly makes those visits and processes through them.
It’s 4/20. Pike not waiting around. Somebody else (probably not as good) will be offered the same spot within a week. I think the last G/F spot gets filled by 4/30.

Has Pike in the past not built rosters before without a lot of depth so he didn't "ruffle" feathers or "break" promises of the people that were already on team?
I think this is unclear to be honest. It's possible. But:
(1) the main time that I think he is credibly accused of this is for the most recent season, and it works both ways. Regardless of what he wanted to do, it was going to be much harder to recruit people with Paul/Cam already there. Maybe he should've just kicked Paul out if he wasn't willing to commit 100% immediately, but that seems harsh. Cam just straight up lied until the moment he left so I still don't really understand what Pike was supposed to do about that.
(2) There's basically no one on the team to avoid ruffling at this point. Those were all established multi-year players that Pike supposedly didn't want to ruffle and we have zero of those now.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I think it’s worse. I’m a pessimist; FIG tries his hardest to be a contrarian and the smartest person in the room. It’s boring.

Good point . And I think you nailed it with him

As the poster above you pointed out - being an RU fan is kinda like being a jets fan - RU has given its fans a lot of reasons to be pessimistic

Heck I am too. Deep down I still wonder if ace and Dylan somehow never play for RU - I’ll believe when it when I see it ;). As an RU fan I’m always waiting for the shoe to drop

So I agree it’s not garden variety pessimism (of a fan of a program that has continually disappointed over decades) - I think your post nailed it

Good point . And I think you nailed it with him

As the poster above you pointed out - being an RU fan is kinda like being a cubs fan - RU has given its fans a lot of reasons to be pessimistic

Heck I am too. Deep down I still wonder if ace and Dylan somehow never play for RU - I’ll believe when it when I see it ;). As an RU fan I’m always eating for the shoe to drop

So I agree it’s not garden variety pessimism (of a fan of a program that has continually disappointed over decades) - I think your post nailed it
We have an ignore feature. It is great I use it a lot and will continue to. If you feel I am a troll instead of "attacking" me just put me on ignore.

As far as being a contrarian and wanting to be the smartest person in the room.........
1. If you don't want "contrarian views" block me. I don't know why someone wouldn't want to read them
2. What if I am one of the smartest in the room? Wouldn't you want to read what i have to say. With the risk of sounding like Donald Trump I don't think I am one of the dumbest.

Again Please put me on ignore. If you don't you owe me the respect of reading all my posts and if you are going to place a label on me. Don't choose to put me in the box based on posts you remember and not one's you don't.

• Haha
Reactions: RedTeam1994
We have an ignore feature. It is great I use it a lot and will continue to. If you feel I am a troll instead of "attacking" me just put me on ignore.

As far as being a contrarian and wanting to be the smartest person in the room.........
1. If you don't want "contrarian views" block me. I don't know why someone wouldn't want to read them
2. What if I am one of the smartest in the room? Wouldn't you want to read what i have to say. With the risk of sounding like Donald Trump I don't think I am one of the dumbest.

Again Please put me on ignore. If you don't you owe me the respect of reading all my posts and if you are going to place a label on me. Don't choose to put me in the box based on posts you remember and not one's you don't.

Oh I took your suggestion from a few days ago - it was a great suggestion- to put you on ignore. Best feature on here.

But when I see reactions to posters I have on ignore from time to time I’m compelled to read the ignored content.

That guy nailed your m.o.

Oh I took your suggestion from a few days ago - it was a great suggestion- to put you on ignore. Best feature on here.

But when I see reactions to posters I have on ignore from time to time I’m compelled to read the ignored content.

That guy nailed your m.o.
I don't have a M O. I also don't attack other posters.

Winnie The Pooh Thank You GIF

This should add to your description of GRF a little better…

I wrote you try to be the smartest person in the room. I didn't actually write you are. Your response actually illustrates my point. Not that you need any advice clearly, but you try too hard and take yourself too seriously. It's a message board. We all work with people like you. Sometimes things are what they seem.
I don't need to put you on ignore--I just don't read what you write. Your posts don't offer anything. It's beyond predictable and boring.

Last edited:
Reactions: GillesDeleuze
I wrote you try to be the smartest person in the room. I didn't actually write you are. Your response actually illustrates my point. Not that you need any advice clearly, but you try too hard and take yourself too seriously. It's a message board. We all work with people like you. Sometimes things are what they seem.
I don't need to put you on ignore--I just don't read what you write. Your posts don't offer anything. It's beyond predictable and boring.
Picked a thread...

Tell me if my posts didn't offer anything. In the middle of 2 of wrong and terrible takes (Caleb at best is an average defender AND we would be sunk in NIL world) I made in this thread. I said the season wasn't over, I identified the problem, and said we would be fine if it were fixed.

Picked a thread...

Tell me if my posts didn't offer anything. In the middle of 2 of wrong and terrible takes (Caleb at best is an average defender AND we would be sunk in NIL world) I made in this thread. I said the season wasn't over, I identified the problem, and said we would be fine if it were fixed.
Love this thread because I was also defending Caleb lol

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
I would see this as our best pickup thus far and a sensible addition. Lock him up

Harper's father wasn't an athlete? I've read it all on this board now.
Shitty athlete indeed was Ron Sr. It’s not like he had 5 rings and played along with two Hall of Famers. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg

GRF isn’t a troll. He never resorts to petty name calling, and he will actually read what you write and respond thoughtfully, as opposed to grinding some axe or distorting your comments into a strawman.

Shelby is a textbook troll.

GRF isn’t a troll. He never resorts to petty name calling, and he will actually read what you write and respond thoughtfully, as opposed to grinding some axe or distorting your comments into a strawman.

Shelby is a textbook troll.

I don’t disagree. The constant pessimism bugs me but otherwise your take on him is true. I’ll give him that.

Reactions: Eagleton96
Harper's father wasn't an athlete? I've read it all on this board now.
Yeah, I saw that one and laughed. Ron Harper Sr was known as an elite NBA athlete, especially the younger years of his NBA career when he played with the CAVS battling against Jordan and the Bulls.

Also makes me think he doesn’t end up here. Unless he quickly makes those visits and processes through them.
It’s 4/20. Pike not waiting around. Somebody else (probably not as good) will be offered the same spot within a week. I think the last G/F spot gets filled by 4/30.
I am hoping he decides soon, but sounds like he’s going to take his time. Further out we get from the visit date it seems like chances go down. Fingers crossed with this guy, love the shooting and defensive intangibles he brings, but also have to think there will be some good competition for him. 🤞

Reactions: rubigtimenow
If he doesn’t commit by mid week we can assume he’s not coming.Is that a dagger ? No just another guy that sees his value at a higher level.

Yeah, I saw that one and laughed. Ron Harper Sr was known as an elite NBA athlete, especially the younger years of his NBA career when he played with the CAVS battling against Jordan and the Bulls.
Again, different things. Athlete, yes of course. Elite athlecism, no. That’s not what Dylan is. RHJ, no. Jalen Brunson, no, Jaden Ivey yes.

Reactions: GillesDeleuze
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT