ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers-Maryland at Yankee Stadium, per source

I live outside of Baltimore so it's too far for season tix but I do go to at least one game a year and donate annually to the athletic program
So why do you care where the game is played if you don't go?? The rest of us that pay big $$ for our seats and parking do. Sorry but your opinion is worthless in this issue. It doesn't affect you. I live in Philly. You are only another hour and change away But you are lazy, however you feel the need to chime in on something that doesn't affect you. Thanks for your insight[eyeroll]

That will be a great look when negotiating our new endorsement deal...

Pat Hobbs: "We're 30 minutes from New York, huge media market with lots of fans and potential customers"

Kevin Plank/Phil Knight: "Well then why was the stadium half empty when you played in New York?"

Don't you all realize that RU is on the spot to impress for our new endorsement deal, and if we have a poor turnout in the city that we are using as our MAJOR selling point, it will mean next to nothing.

From a STRICTLY financial standpoint, it's imperative that Rutgers has a good turnout for that game to impress potential endorsement companies

If no one goes it could boost the TV ratings for the game.

DNA, our new apparel deal isn't going to be hinged on how we sell a late season game in the Bronx!!

There are a lot of MD fans in NYC area, we are happy. If you guys want to plant a flag in NYC, you should do this. I do not get the hostility. It's not like Maryland doesn't play games in Baltimore.
Next time you're at a MLB stadium, try to figure out what the angle would look like from your seats if it was a football field.

Reactions: mildone
It funny to think NYC fans will (non RU or MD fans) will give a flying **** about this idea...the last thing on their mind is some random Nov day game featuring RU v MD in some baseball park in the city's shittiest burough!

The OU Texas comparison in Dallas is laughable. First OU needs Texas exposure in Dallas (its biggest recruiting target...always) and Texas already pretty much owns that market. They both get a ton of $$ and both bring enough people to fill a 90k seat stadium (even when each sucks). RU / MD is not and will never be like OU Texas...probably ever!

I personally think the idea of playing in the Bronx is stupid and losing a home game not worth it. Like a lot Yankee games this year, a half empty stadium will look awful on tv.
FootballField11.jpg

[sick]

Camden Yards, or Nationals Stadium!!

I really don't get why anyone thinks Maryland would play us at Camden Yards as some sort of neutral site home and home. Is it because RU/MD 2017 would be at a baseball stadium per se? In recent years MD has always played its recent neutral site games (PSU, WVU) at M&T Stadium, which is NEXT DOOR to Camden Yards. For that reason alone, playing football at Camden Yards would be at least category 4 stupid and I've never heard of a football game being held at Camden Yards. This is more about having a B1G football game inside NYC and the natural choice is Yankee Stadium because it has a multipurpose tradition and is being used for sports that play on rectangular fields. So this is not about scheduling a football game at a baseball stadium for the sake of playing football at a baseball stadium.

In DC, the neutral site CFB games (VaTech, PSU) have been held at FedEx Field. Why would anyone schedule at Nationals Stadium, especially when you have RFK Stadium a half-mile away?

Not crazy about this game being at Yankee Stadium since Verrazano and Henry Hudson had an easier time getting to what would be NYC than NJ fans have getting to Yankee Stadium. The best RU/MD neutral site is Lincoln Financial Field, halfway between.

I really don't get why anyone thinks Maryland would play us at Camden Yards as some sort of neutral site home and home. Is it because RU/MD 2017 would be at a baseball stadium per se? In recent years MD has always played its recent neutral site games (PSU, WVU) at M&T Stadium, which is NEXT DOOR to Camden Yards. For that reason alone, playing football at Camden Yards would be at least category 4 stupid and I've never heard of a football game being held at Camden Yards. This is more about having a B1G football game inside NYC and the natural choice is Yankee Stadium because it has a multipurpose tradition and is being used for sports that play on rectangular fields. So this is not about scheduling a football game at a baseball stadium for the sake of playing football at a baseball stadium.

In DC, the neutral site CFB games (VaTech, PSU) have been held at FedEx Field. Why would anyone schedule at Nationals Stadium, especially when you have RFK Stadium a half-mile away?

Not crazy about this game being at Yankee Stadium since Verrazano and Henry Hudson had an easier time getting to what would be NYC than NJ fans have getting to Yankee Stadium. The best RU/MD neutral site is Lincoln Financial Field, halfway between.

It was a tongue in cheek reply. We r playing in a baseball stadium..the return trip should be in a baseball stadium.

I know it wont happen. Maryland isnt dumb. Doesnt even look like there will be a return neutral game at MD..but im sure it would be at Ravens stadium if so.

It was a tongue in cheek reply. We r playing in a baseball stadium..the return trip should be in a baseball stadium.

I know it wont happen. Maryland isnt dumb. Doesnt even look like there will be a return neutral game at MD..but im sure it would be at Ravens stadium if so.

YS would not be a neutral game.

I know..not technically..

I consider any game not played at a home stadium "neutral". I know its a home game, and our 2018 return to Maryland is their home game.

Home game on their Maryland campus.
Not stupid enough to put a home game in Camden Yards baseball stadium.

This thread went off the rails, so did not read most of it.... If this was already gone over, my apologies

The biggest problem is not this game in 2017

Elsewhere it has been said that when Hobbs and Ash were at Yankee stadium the Yankees were pushing for an extended series of RU games, ..... There is panic out there that it will happen, and petitions and emails are being asked for....

We have to accept that this game is going there but any contact with the program now by our fans might be influential for later on.

In a city of 8.4 million, surely there will be enough fans to want to fill up a 47,000 seat stadium if RU's fanbase in NYC is what many posters on here are claiming it is... Absolutely stupid argument, why would people in the city be upset that the game is now closer? After all it's 1 friggin game!
I also love the fact that I have pointed out no less than 3 times how Maryland played at M&T bank stadium last year for a home game... Other teams do it all the time
-----
and M&T bank is a football stadium in Maryland, correct?
So the corresponding place for RU to play is the pro stadium in NJ, if we were to move a game.

-----
and M&T bank is a football stadium in Maryland, correct?

Yup, Ravens home stadium. We played PSU there last year as our "home game" but that was because we owed the stadium a game from the conference change. We were supposed to play Notre Dame there (I think it was), but the conference switch meant we needed to change the schedule around and M&T (smartly) chose PSU as the game.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Yup, Ravens home stadium. We played PSU there last year as our "home game" but that was because we owed the stadium a game from the conference change. We were supposed to play Notre Dame there (I think it was), but the conference switch meant we needed to change the schedule around and M&T (smartly) chose PSU as the game.
----
That is what I thought..... So, Maryland moving a game there would be similar to RU playing in the Giants stadium, not Yankee stadium.... The comparison is weak.

Reactions: MADHAT1
I live outside of Baltimore so it's too far for season tix but I do go to at least one game a year and donate annually to the athletic program
Just stunning! All that commentary yet you don't come to the games.

I was just gonna say the same thing, all the best posts in the thread are gone. Couldn't you have just banned DNA without deleting the posts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT