ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men's Soccer Set to Open Fall Campaign at Delaware

Looking forward to watching these guys play this season. They're on the upswing for sure especially after winning a B1G Tourney ring last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletDave
Team is now stocked with offensive talent, but the question is whether we can replace the offensive production of M.D. Myers. Doesn't have to be one guy, so hopefully returning guys like Maeland, Temple, Rosamilia, and Abbey can take the next step.

Offensive middies are solid too with Jason Bouregy, Cole Cruthers, and Matthew Acosta, and the Syracuse transfer (Curt Calov) looks like a potential impact player (4g, 7a last year).

The question mark for this team is on the defensive side. We have a terrific GK in Dalton, but we have to replace CB Hugo LeGuennec and OB Tommy DeVizio. Returning backs Chris Taio and Joey Zalinsky will anchor the back line, but we need someone to step into that tall/strong CB position that LeGuennec manned so well last year.

Should be an exciting year.

Team is now stocked with offensive talent, but the question is whether we can replace the offensive production of M.D. Myers. Doesn't have to be one guy, so hopefully returning guys like Maeland, Temple, Rosamilia, and Abbey can take the next step.

Offensive middies are solid too with Jason Bouregy, Cole Cruthers, and Matthew Acosta, and the Syracuse transfer (Curt Calov) looks like a potential impact player (4g, 7a last year).

The question mark for this team is on the defensive side. We have a terrific GK in Dalton, but we have to replace CB Hugo LeGuennec and OB Tommy DeVizio. Returning backs Chris Taio and Joey Zalinsky will anchor the back line, but we need someone to step into that tall/strong CB position that LeGuennec manned so well last year.

Should be an exciting year.
Thank you for this. I was curious what the team was going to look like without MD. What you’re saying is, the roster is deeper this year?

Thank you for this. I was curious what the team was going to look like without MD. What you’re saying is, the roster is deeper this year?
Yes I think the roster is deeper. Just need some of the younger guys to step up into starting roles, e.g. Ian Abbey, Cole Cruthers.

Reactions: UMRU
Yeah absolute disaster of an opening night. Delaware was 4-11-2 last year.

Like I said in another thread, the big question mark this year will be replacing two of our backs, including most importantly Hugo LeGuennec.

Reactions: biazza38
Our midfield didnt appear as dominant as I was expecting and giving up 3 is not good enough. Delaware clearly finished better but defense will need to tighten things up.
This is the first time RU has ever played at UD and the first loss ever vs UD.

Yeah absolute disaster of an opening night. Delaware was 4-11-2 last year.

Like I said in another thread, the big question mark this year will be replacing two of our backs, including most importantly Hugo LeGuennec.
But don't we have the same keeper?

But don't we have the same keeper?
Yes, but you know as well as I do that goals in soccer aren't necessarily the "fault" of the GK. None of us saw the game last night, so we don't know what the cause was of letting up 3 goals.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Yes, but you know as well as I do that goals in soccer aren't necessarily the "fault" of the GK. None of us saw the game last night, so we don't know what the cause was of letting up 3 goals.
I did. Wouldn't blame gk for any of them. First goal was great play by #9 from Spain. 2nd was very nice set play off free kick. 3rd was headed in after shot off cross bar. Maybe UD is better than anyone expected.

I did. Wouldn't blame gk for any of them. First goal was great play by #9 from Spain. 2nd was very nice set play off free kick. 3rd was headed in after shot off cross bar. Maybe UD is better than anyone expected.
Nah. We just played like shit. They were 3-11-2 last season giving up 35 goals. It’s not like they brought in the nation’s best class or a bunch of high profile transfers. Ridiculous loss!!!

Last edited:
Nah. We just played like shit. They were 3-11-2 last season giving up 35 goals. It’s not like they brought in the nations. Best class or a bunch of high profile transfers. Ridiculous loss!!!
CERU00 was simply pointing out that none of the goals were the fault of our GK. So in that respect, he might agree with you that the TEAM played like crap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT