ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men's Soccer Travels to Michigan for B1G Road Opener

Watching on Big 10 + but they are not showing time or score. Anybody?

Up 2-0 at half, we are down 3-2 with little time left (this production sucks...no clock showing)

Hopefully we tie it up

What a HORRENDOUS season so far for both men's and women's soccer

Up 2-0 at half, we are down 3-2 with little time left (this production sucks...no clock showing)

Hopefully we tie it up

Wow. Wish I hadn’t asked!

Hopefully we tie it up

Michigan is 1-3-3 this year with their lone victory against....CAL...California Baptist. THIS WOULD BE A MIND-BLOWING LOSS being up 2-0 at half.

I have only seen about 15 minutes but RU is playing quite well. They are moving and controlling the ball much better than UM

I have only seen about 15 minutes but RU is playing quite well. They are moving and controlling the ball much better than UM
We should have been up 4-0

As the old saying goes...being up 2-0 in soccer is dangerous

BRUTAL LOSS. PEIROD. I would be (happily) STUNNED at this rate if we make the post-season men's OR women's tournaments.

Last edited:
Wow. That was close but he was off by about three inches

So it was an offsides call? that wiped out the tying goal?
And someone received a red card for saying something about the call?

Not offsides. The ball was played by a Michigan player off of the cross. I think they botched that one fellas

So it was an offsides call? that wiped out the tying goal?
And someone received a red card for saying something about the call?
Nick Collins got a yellow and the somebody on the sideline got a red. The offsides was very tight

Nick Collins got a yellow and the somebody on the sideline got a red. The offsides was very tight
We crossed it in and a Michigan player flicked it. Can't be off sides. The refs were a travesty.

Not offsides. The ball was played by a Michigan player off of the cross. I think they botched that one fellas
I had to double check this rule

If they were offside when the ball was played, then they're offside. Offside rule is only does not care that defender touched the ball, nor the intention behind it. It also does not care if defender played the ball backwards and a player who was offside intercepted it.

I had to double check this rule

If they were offside when the ball was played, then they're offside. Offside rule is only does not care that defender touched the ball, nor the intention behind it. It also does not care if defender played the ball backwards and a player who was offside intercepted it.
That's not true. If the pass is considered to be deliberate then the player is no longer offsides.

Now there are two things in question. One was the player offsides or not I think it was hard to tell from that crappy production from what I can tell he didn't look off sides to me. And then the argument of whether the Michigan player trying to flick it was deliberate or not I admit I don't understand how to determine if it was deliberate. But if it was determined to be deliberate it's not off sides

Now if you watch the production again you can see a Rutgers coach with an iPad trying to show the ref the replay... I really doubt that he would be trying to show The Ref something that showed a player definitely being off sides.

But who knows...

Haven't watched the men enough to really comment but it brings up the question did Hobbs make another mistake with this hire?
Absolutely not.

We won the B1G last year.

I am not a big fan of Mike O'Neill despite what he has accomplished. He has done that mainly with the talent. I think coach McEldery (sp?) is excellent and have noticed an absolute big uptick in our program from the first game he coached.

Reactions: biazza38
This. Both teams are just playing like ...well....ya' know, this season.

I don't agree - the men are actually playing quite well, just not getting the results. The women, unfortunately, are not playing well outside of a couple of players like Allie Lowrey. Then men can turn this around but I think the women will continue to be sub expectations.

I don't agree - the men are actually playing quite well, just not getting the results. The women, unfortunately, are not playing well outside of a couple of players like Allie Lowrey. Then men can turn this around but I think the women will continue to be sub expectations.
The men just lost 3-2 to a BAD Michigan team, allowing 3 goals in the 2nd half, after taking a 2-0 in the 1st. That's playing "well?"

You think the men are playing well because there are scoring goals. Great, they’re playing well on offense. But they’ve been giving up too many goals since game 1 against Delaware

The men just lost 3-2 to a BAD Michigan team, allowing 3 goals in the 2nd half, after taking a 2-0 in the 1st. That's playing "well?"

I'm watching the quality of play, not just the outcome. Whatever, you believe what you want to believe

I'm watching the quality of play, not just the outcome. Whatever, you believe what you want to believe
That's fair...BUT don't you have to take into consideration the competition on any given day? All I'm saying is that, against a poor side, you simply CAN NOT give up a 2-0 halftime lead and LOSE the match 3-2. I'm sure Coach would tell you that, today, as well.

That's fair...BUT don't you have to take into consideration the competition on any given day? All I'm saying is that, against a poor side, you simply CAN NOT give up a 2-0 halftime lead and LOSE the match 3-2. I'm sure Coach would tell you that, today, as well.
This is true. I searching for hope since I love RU soccer and, right now, I see a lot more upside to the men's team. The offense for the women is brutal to watch. I've seen midfielders with the ball 30 yards from the goal essentially have to stop and to look around to figure out where the rest of the offensive players might be. How can an experienced group of talented players like this have no clue where they should be going with the ball? It is like a shortstop not knowing prior to the pitch if he will be turning the DP or going to first.

This is true. I searching for hope since I love RU soccer and, right now, I see a lot more upside to the men's team. The offense for the women is brutal to watch. I've seen midfielders with the ball 30 yards from the goal essentially have to stop and to look around to figure out where the rest of the offensive players might be. How can an experienced group of talented players like this have no clue where they should be going with the ball? It is like a shortstop not knowing prior to the pitch if he will be turning the DP or going to first.
nailed it

Reactions: UMRU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT