ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers pursuit of a big man

rutgershoopsinsider

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2023
Not panicking whatsoever because there is plenty of time for Pikes and staff to land a big man from the portal. They NEED an experienced big man no doubt about it.

Is it just me or is it fckin crazy that some Rutgers fans have hit me up actually suggesting Pikes might be fine starting Ogbole with Sommerville coming off the bench and they will NOT pursue a big man from the portal.

I think that's wild.

Now as fans to even suggest this or accept this, I would have to believe Rutgers would be in serious trouble next year as this would be a gaping weakness in the frontcourt.

Ogbole is a better defensive player than offensive player AND his offensive skillset needs SERIOUS work. If Rutgers wants to win games, they need to have a big man with some type of offensive skillset. Sommerville is super talented but would he be ready for the next level and prepared to battle grown men in the trenches? This is why I think Rutgers needs to pursue a somewhat experienced big man with a decent offensive skillset.

I hope Rutgers has learned their lesson on this because Cliff had little to no offensive skillset and he was backed up by Woolf and Ogbole who both had zero offensive skillsets. Can't just have a 5 that plays defense all day. Need to have some sort of a combo.

But if Rutgers fans truly believe Rutgers will be okay with two big men in the front court on this roster, this team will be in serious trouble come Big Ten play.

Folks... your thoughts on this???

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News