ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers QB AJ Surace bears resemblance to Tom Brady

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
People are sleeping on AJ Surace, but not RutgersAl. I think he’s going to be our best Quarterback EVER, though this year, he will hold a clipboard and acclimate to this level of football, as the league he played in wasn’t that great. He’ll have plenty of time to watch film, learn the playbook, develop chemistry with his wide receivers on the scout team, get stronger, and get used to the speed of the game. He’s already on campus training.

Next year, he’ll be ready to go. This will dovetail nicely with the progress of our green wide receivers who might play some this year, but are going to make a huge impact in ‘25. Guys like Duff, Black, Toure, Braithwaite, Fuse, and Strong. Black and Braithwaite in particular supposedly have sub 4.4 speed, but it’s going to take time for them to adjust to the physicality of the game and run good routes.

Surace throws accurately, is very smart, and he is going to take Rutgers football to the next level. All he needs to do is adjust to the speed of the game.

After AJ Steps on the field, Rutgers Football will never be the same, just like how New England Football was never the same once Tom Brady stepped on the field. No pressure, I know.

Last edited:
Al, just when i start to enjoy some of your posts you come up with something stupid and insane. While he may turn out to be good, this is just reminiscent of your upset alert posts. Everyone is the next greatest thing. Comparing a HS kid to the greatest QB of all time is just insane

So Tom Brady looks like a hybrid of AJ and a bear? Interesting thought.

Al, just when i start to enjoy some of your posts you come up with something stupid and insane. While he may turn out to be good, this is just reminiscent of your upset alert posts. Everyone is the next greatest thing. Comparing a HS kid to the greatest QB of all time is just insane

Come on now, it’s February. Live a little bit.

2025: Redshirt Freshman (with presumably zero game experience) passes Wimsatt and AK?

@rutgersal Why such low expectations of Wimsatt?
Senior QB but he can't beat out a RS Freshman?

Reactions: Plum Street
This is reminiscent of the classic "Tre Timbers head shot" and "Tim Pernetti is handsome" posts. Two of Al's all time greats.

The Tre Timbers headshot was not meant to show his physical progress, it was included just so people would know who I was talking about.

Tim Pernetti IS very handsome.

• Love
Reactions: LeapinLou
2025: Redshirt Freshman (with presumably zero game experience) passes Wimsatt and AK?

@rutgersal Why such low expectations of Wimsatt?
Senior QB but he can't beat out a RS Freshman?

Love Wimsatt.

Wimsatt is Wimsatt, but Surace is going to be the GOAT. 🐐

Al posting something that is asinine and ridiculous? Can’t be.

• Haha
Reactions: Kbee3 and newell138
Al - you got it mostly right. He will play this year. Write that down.

I am actually secretly hoping for this, but not expecting it, because it’s a lot to take in for a freshman. I figure let the kid relax his first year and get acclimated.

This is right up there with the Ash will be Parcells/Lombardi post Al made or the 2019 post where he clamed Rutgers could win the Big Ten only to go 0-9 in conference. I guess Surace is this years' Braithwaite who Al claimed would have instant impact and leave with all the records.

Last edited:
This is right up there with the Ash will be Parcells/Lombardi post Al made or the 2019 post wear he clamed Rutgers could win the Big Ten only to go 0-9 in conference. I guess Surace is this years' Braithwaite who Al claimed would have instant impact and leave with all the records.

Jesus Elizabeth Christ I thought you were joking…then you offer evidence of the idiocy 🤦🏻‍♂️

People are sleeping on AJ Surace, but not RutgersAl. I think he’s going to be our best Quarterback EVER, though this year, he will hold a clipboard and acclimate to this level of football, as the league he played in wasn’t that great. He’ll have plenty of time to watch film, learn the playbook, develop chemistry with his wide receivers on the scout team, get stronger, and get used to the speed of the game. He’s already on campus training.

Next year, he’ll be ready to go. This will dovetail nicely with the progress of our green wide receivers who might play some this year, but are going to make a huge impact in ‘25. Guys like Duff, Black, Toure, Braithwaite, Fuse, and Strong. Black and Braithwaite in particular supposedly have sub 4.4 speed, but it’s going to take time for them to adjust to the physicality of the game and run good routes.

Surace throws accurately, is very smart, and he is going to take Rutgers football to the next level. All he needs to do is adjust to the speed of the game.

After AJ Steps on the field, Rutgers Football will never be the same, just like how New England Football was never the same once Tom Brady stepped on the field. No pressure, I know.

1*Bz-eqcqLLuCRAmYApU8brg.gif

OL recruiting has been sub-par. Could effect how well any of our QBs play. It all starts upfront.

SMFH,Please STOP!!!

Reactions: PSU_Nut
OL recruiting has been sub-par. Could effect how well any of our QBs play. It all starts upfront.

We had the Big Tens leading rusher and were among the league leaders in sacks allowed. How does that prove subpar OL recruiting?

LT - Pierce
LG - Felter
C - Zilinskas
RG - Sutton
RT - Needham

Pierce, Felter, and Zilinskas played very well. Sutton was beaten at times because he wasn’t 100%. Needham was injured, but should be 100%
By the time next season starts.

We have a logjam of linemen biding their time and waiting for their opportunity.

- Chin, Stone, White, Alexander and Asamoah will provide quality depth

- don’t know what mozell Williams, Nick Oliveira, Stinette, DeCrocce , and Allen will provide, but they are all mature kids now, and might be able to step in

From a talent and depth perspective, the line has never been in better shape

I am actually secretly hoping for this, but not expecting it, because it’s a lot to take in for a freshman. I figure let the kid relax his first year and get acclimated.
I know the kid...agree it's a lot for a frosh...but if someone can do it, it's him. Time will tell. Regardless, I hope we have stronger QB play....we can be a very good team if we step forward at this position.

Reactions: rutgersal
We had the Big Tens leading rusher and were among the league leaders in sacks allowed. How does that prove subpar OL recruiting?

LT - Pierce
LG - Felter
C - Zilinskas
RG - Sutton
RT - Needham

Pierce, Felter, and Zilinskas played very well. Sutton was beaten at times because he wasn’t 100%. Needham was injured, but should be 100%
By the time next season starts.

We have a logjam of linemen biding their time and waiting for their opportunity.

- Chin, Stone, White, Alexander and Asamoah will provide quality depth

- don’t know what mozell Williams, Nick Oliveira, Stinette, DeCrocce , and Allen will provide, but they are all mature kids now, and might be able to step in

From a talent and depth perspective, the line has never been in better shape
I agree out line improved a ton. But I would say the sack number was low in large part because we passed so little. To contradict myself, there were a lot of games where GW had a lot of time back there. The beauty of the running game was that we were able to run the ball well in a lot of games even though the defense knew we were going to run over and over. They could not stop it at times. Hope we can take another step forward....will be fun to watch.

Reactions: Kbee3 and rutgersal
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT