ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Stadium Bag Check Fiasco

kinda related but more a curiosity.

Camden Yards in Baltimore currently is the only stadium I know of that allows fans to bring outside food and drink inside the stadium as long as it’s unopened. Are there any others? Not talking about ‘sneaking things through’, talking walk straight up with sub, bag of unopened peanuts and a Diet Coke and it’s ‘Have a great time’
Here's the Orioles' bag policy: https://www.mlb.com/orioles/ballpark/information/security

Guests are welcome to carry-in the following items into MetLife Stadium:
  • Clear bags that are 12" x 6" x 12" or less in size (1 bag per person)
  • Small purses/handbags (clutch-type bags) that are 4.5" x 6.5" or less in size (1 per person)
  • Hand sanitizer 6 oz. or less in size and disinfecting wipes
  • Food of any kind that is contained in a clear plastic bag
  • Factory-sealed water or soft drinks that are 20 oz. or less in size
  • Reusable water bottles (both plastic and aluminum). Bottles must be empty upon entry. See Water Fountains in our A-Z Guide for a list of water fountain locations where bottles may be filled.
  • Still-photography cameras with a lens that is 6" or less in length not contained in a case
    (size and type of camera may vary by event - please check the event's "Know Before You Go" to confirm)
  • Hand-carried jackets, blankets, or other items, which will be patted down or searched
  • Small, hand-held USB-charged personal fans (no battery-operated fans allowed)
  • Small personal electronic devices such as iPad or Kindle (no laptops)
  • Official national flags that can reasonably be hand-held by a single person and do not obstruct the view of other guests (no sticks or poles)

Reactions: Local Shill
If they really care about the security stuff, bring metal detectors.
Shut up! Don’t give them anymore bad ideas that they have already done and gotten rid of.
And that costs what---$10-15? In the colder weather you can smuggle pretty much anything into the stadium inside a coat or pocket. If they want to check for weapons, fine...stop people from throwing objects? What about those 16 oz. cans of beer, White Claw, etc. that are being sold inside? With all the tailgating, food trucks, etc., bringing some freebies or leftovers into the game might allow for more people to be in their seats by kickoff. Now THERE'S an idea.
Pre 2006, I could walk right into the stadium with an open beer. After the 2005 season is when that stopped. After 2006 is when the drink dump dumpsters started where the boardwalk is now. That went on for roughly 10-12 years then mysteriously disappeared during the Ash years. So far they have not come back.
Rutgers "rules" tend to fluctuate and change with the success of the team. When Coach schiano is successful in making this team a BIG power I expect the clampdown on fun will happen again,.

Reactions: Local Shill
Guests are welcome to carry-in the following items into MetLife Stadium:
  • Clear bags that are 12" x 6" x 12" or less in size (1 bag per person)
  • Small purses/handbags (clutch-type bags) that are 4.5" x 6.5" or less in size (1 per person)
  • Hand sanitizer 6 oz. or less in size and disinfecting wipes
  • Food of any kind that is contained in a clear plastic bag
  • Factory-sealed water or soft drinks that are 20 oz. or less in size
  • Reusable water bottles (both plastic and aluminum). Bottles must be empty upon entry. See Water Fountains in our A-Z Guide for a list of water fountain locations where bottles may be filled.
  • Still-photography cameras with a lens that is 6" or less in length not contained in a case
    (size and type of camera may vary by event - please check the event's "Know Before You Go" to confirm)
  • Hand-carried jackets, blankets, or other items, which will be patted down or searched
  • Small, hand-held USB-charged personal fans (no battery-operated fans allowed)
  • Small personal electronic devices such as iPad or Kindle (no laptops)
  • Official national flags that can reasonably be hand-held by a single person and do not obstruct the view of other guests (no sticks or poles)
Interesting.

Haven’t been to a game at met life, great gesture!

Fair. I think the game day operation still have a ways to go but I'll at least give them credit for no longer taking the caps off the $5 water bottles.
To play it safe, I took the cap off my water bottle when I stuffed to down my waist band. That did not work out well.🤕😜

And the answer is....because I was going to eat it and I don't eat any of the garbage they sell in the stadium.
Unfortunately, your time to do that was at the tailgate. That's how it goes when you go into a stadium. Or do a better job of sneaking it in, which is what I presume you were trying to do.

Unfortunately, your time to do that was at the tailgate. That's how it goes when you go into a stadium. Or do a better job of sneaking it in, which is what I presume you were trying to do.
Exactly what I was trying to do. Much easier on Saturday when I was wearing a coat.

Sometimes us older guys get hungry during a 4 hour game..

Reactions: Knight Shift
I am not complaining, but how does The Cookie Lady get all of those cookies in every single game?

Can't things sold in the stadium be projectiles? Water bottles, beer cans, etc? And prior to this season, those gross rock hard pretzels they used to sell....
I never buy anything in the stadium but I'm assuming they take the caps off the bottles and open the cans before serving them to you like they do at most stadiums for exactly that reason.

At the Northwestern game, an older lady scanning tickets was unable to scan some of my tickets. She inexplicably made my entire group wait for someone else to come by to help us out even though she acknowledged that some of them did scan successfully. By the time someone else finally came by, we had missed half of the first quarter. A few days later I contacted the ticket office and requested paper tickets. That was the first time I ever had an issue with the electronic tickets, but I wanted to make sure it would be my last. I understand sometimes technology just doesn't cooperate, but there's no explanation for why my entire group had to be held at the gate when some of our tickets did scan with no issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT