ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs. Iowa Game 2 Thread

Wooha! Great win. As someone else posted, beat Iowa & the refs. This team is growing in numerous ways-- experience, confidence, chemistry & poise among them.

This was by far the best game of the season because Rutgers earned their 7th league win against a ranked team on their home court.It was also their third league road win.Harper was outstanding with his 3 point shooting ,A shout out must go to Thiam for scoring 13 points which is one more than his prior season total of 12 points.The coaching staff did a outstanding job defending the Iowa offense.The importance of the 3 point shot was shown by Rutgers making 11 in one game and clearly giving the team the margin to control the game in the second half.

Now all eyes turn to Wednesday and Penn State at the RAC.I'm hoping for a sellout crowd, a decisive win and a storming of the court by fans to congratulate the team on a unbelievable season .Winning really matters in so many ways.

Reactions: RU Mike73
You know what.. as the glow of this wins wears off.. I am wondering where THIS team was all season.

We heard about from Geo about recent motivations.. win for the seniors.. win at Iowa to payback for their overly boisterous lockerroom antics in Piscataway.

Well.. if we can put up this kind of effort NOW.. why couldn't we have done that earlier.. more often that is.

This was by far the best game of the season because Rutgers earned their 7th league win against a ranked team on their home court.It was also their third league road win.Harper was outstanding with his 3 point shooting ,A shout out must go to Thiam for scoring 13 points which is one more than his prior season total of 12 points.The coaching staff did a outstanding job defending the Iowa offense.The importance of the 3 point shot was shown by Rutgers making 11 in one game and clearly giving the team the margin to control the game in the second half.

Now all eyes turn to Wednesday and Penn State at the RAC.I'm hoping for a sellout crowd, a decisive win and a storming of the court by fans to congratulate the team on a unbelievable season .Winning really matters in so many ways.
It was 12 points this calendar year which is two months. Crazy stat but it wasn't 12 all season. He had a couple good ones right off the bat before going into hibernation.

Harper and Thiam 3 point strokes both coming back for the tournament makes us even scarier

Reactions: RUJMM78 and RU MAN
Could you ever imagine a RAC crowd cheering a buzzer beater in a game we lost?
Yes, I was there to witness it at the RU - MD women's game last month. Of course the crowd demographics at a Sunday afternoon women's game are somewhat different.

You know what.. as the glow of this wins wears off.. I am wondering where THIS team was all season.

We heard about from Geo about recent motivations.. win for the seniors.. win at Iowa to payback for their overly boisterous lockerroom antics in Piscataway.

Well.. if we can put up this kind of effort NOW.. why couldn't we have done that earlier.. more often that is.
Fordham....

Reactions: RC85

simple...the team wasnt ready then, it is now

When the other team (us) holds the ball and accepts a shot clock violation, and the other team jacks, yes it’s a douche move. Sportsmanship matters.
ah, yeah, I forgot that we had taken a shot clock violation. He should have eaten the ball, I agree. I don't think we'll be seeing a still of it on the bulletin board prior to the next meeting though

Reactions: ancienthooper
When the other team (us) holds the ball and accepts a shot clock violation, and the other team jacks, yes it’s a douche move. Sportsmanship matters.
"douche move" is way too harsh.. I think the point is that it doesn't matter if they jack a three. The douche move would be for a team up double digits to have starters in and jack a three in the final seconds... if it were my call with a minute left and double digits lead... I'd put the deep bench in with a little nod to the opponents to do the same... and let the kids actually PLAY it out.

Its a douche move because we ran the clock out on last possession taking the shot vlock violation with no shot and then proceeded to not defend. Protocal says game over.

Don't usually have any issue when there are still back and forth attemots with shots put up or its a walk on trying to score

Reactions: ancienthooper

Where was this team all season? Really?

This team was green! They were in diapers. We had 6 players that NEVER played a B1G game. They needed time to develop, get used to the speed of the game and get to know one another.

Our guys have played with effort all season. It’s just that now, they have developed, they are confident and they have grown. There are no switches to flip, all of this improvement is the result of hard work, discipline and great coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT