ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Ohio State / Game Thread

WOW Thad Matta's a dick.He just said, "we couldn't possibly play any worse than we did the last time we played Rutgers". Hey Thad plenty of teams struggled against RU this season, get used to it.
Hey Thad!
too-bad-so-sad-bye-bye-o.gif

We've given Northwestern two tough games; it's very difficult to beat a team three times in a year. Hope we carry this momentum into tomorrow.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Also don't forget Nigel's huge free throws right before halftime huge momentum shift and clutch free throw shooting

yes he fouled, even the announcers said as much...stop with this

I cant believe we let a guy who only sits in the 200 level try to run the board and the team narrative. Great block by Corey. Ref butchered the Freeman poke and Omuruyi Block may have been the worst of all - he pitched a tent out there. All three clear as day and didn't even happen quickly during play. Nevertheless great win. We missed a few opportunities to pull away earlier but in the end the better team won today.

Beat NW ... Beat MD ... Beat WISCONSIN ... Then beat Purdue!!!! Prepping to go dancing!!!!

What a win!!!!! And where was the foul on Corey??? Great great win!!!!! Great coaching!!!
See... complaining about refs is about their bad calls.. not about making excuses.. win or lose we can point out bad calls. A few times there even the never-question-refs guys have to see that we got some automatic calls made against us where there was no foul.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Didn't want to post in here in fear of jinxing. Now that's that over, woohoo. Nice win. Still ugly on offense at times, but they wanted it so much more than OSU tonight it was laughable. Beat NW!

Freemna's was questionable but way too close. Can't complain there. Corey's was 100% ALL BALL. Not even close.

We won, and Yes, we CAN beat Northwestern. Confidence and momentum. Sanders and Williams have to play better tomorrow. (guessing they will..and that is good)

and you also said the Freeman 5th wasnt a foul...come on..
It was a weak call--he got all ball and his arm didn't interfere with the player's ability to control the ball. Contact is part of the game, and I'm a fan of letting them bang more than they let them bang. This is D-1 ball, and a forearm on your back after you've lost the ball shouldn't be a foul. And for the record, as much as I like it when we are the beneficiaries of those calls, I think it's a disservice to the game when they call touch foul like that. If you get all ball, the follow-through contact shouldn't be the basis for a foul.

Did Bardo really ask Nigel if OSU acting like they didn't want to be here? WTF kind of question is to ask a Rutgers player after a big win? Jesus.

Yeah you could it threw Nigel off a bit, but he answered nicely. Although OSU did not look like they wanted to be there.

OSU cant even answer questions on the podium from the press they are so upset.

Heard that.....he attempted to minimize the Rutgers victory....that was Bullshit.
I came to the slow, creeping conclusion a week ago that Bardo is my least favorite BTN announcer. There's just something about him that is unwatchable. And then he came out with that piece of shit question he asked Nigel. Did you see his self-muted reaction when Nigel said if we win this tournament we'll be in the NCAA's? Watch the replay and see how much he suppressed his own laughter. At least that's what I saw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT