ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Purdue / Game Thread

Folks - if we lose to a hot-shooting Purdue team, it's not a tragedy or a bad loss - they're a very good team and they're playing well. Not saying we're going to lose, but losing on the road to a top 5 team wouldn't be a big surprise.
Well, we clawed our way back after Purdue's hot start, but that last 90 seconds of the first half and the scoreless first 4 minutes of the 2nd half turned a 37-36 Purdue lead to 56-36. Kind of hard to come back from that, but at least after being down 20, we cut it to 10 twice and that shows what this team is made of. Now let's go stomp on those punks from Michigan, who better not have their coach on the sidelines, given his unacceptable behavior today. Let's hope UM is in disarray and we get the W.

We are still moving up in KP, T-Rank, and NET. We shot 27-53 50.9%, 8 O.Reb, 11 TOs 72 points in 63 possessions
Rutgers played well. Cliffs t was a 4 point play. A couple of shady calls. Purdue deserves the dub they played well. We lost our composure for about 6 minutes of game time and that was the difference

Rutgers played well. Cliffs t was a 4 point play. A couple of shady calls. Purdue deserves the dub they played well. We lost our composure for about 6 minutes of game time and that was the difference

Yup. A win would have been amazing… but I don’t think even the homerest of Rutgers homers thought this was gonna go our way. 2 good battles. Let’s hope we get a 3rd.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
Biased fan complaint: Reminded me of the early years in the B1G when if a RU player looked cross eyed at the opponent, it was a foul.

Purdue gets 12 more foul shots. RU loses by 12.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Biased fan complaint: Reminded me of the early years in the B1G when if a RU player looked cross eyed at the opponent, it was a foul.

Purdue gets 12 more foul shots. RU loses by 12.
There is the story!!!!

I am DAMN proud of this team. They went into one of the most hostile environments and not only battled until the end, but had to fight these officials I've never seen before.

And before any twits on here argue with me about the officiating, let me just say, that I thought the first half until the 2 minute mark was called incredibly fairly. Then the last two minutes we were hit with absurd ticky-tack fouls that enabled a very tight game to got to 9 points. Then in the second half, the older African American official at the baseline called some HORRIBLE calls against us that even Kugler and Lavin questioned out loud. And then the Caucasian official joined in and really screwed us throughout the second half. There is something wrong when two of our guys foul out and NO ONE on Purdue was in foul trouble. Still, I love the way we're playing now.

So, let's finish strong and win at least two more games to finish 12-8 and win one game in the B1G tourney and I feel very comfortable that we're in.

Want to see them on a neutral court in Iceland where we have two eight foot mammoths ready to commit, watching with their agents from L.A.
we're going past two wins the madness

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT