ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women’s Basketball Player Spotlight: Chyna Cornwell

I love Chyna!!! Is it just me or is this not a very positive article? It seems like we are scouting her instead of promoting her!
I totally agree with you. The tone of the article does read like a scouting report.

I totally agree with you. The tone of the article does read like a scouting report.
I love Chyna!!! Is it just me or is this not a very positive article? It seems like we are scouting her instead of promoting her!
Appreciate the feedback! Definitely still trying to toe the line of not being too much of a fan in my writing. I definitely think she'll be an extremely important piece to this team and should be one of the better defenders/rebounders in the conference!

I love the concept! All the people who will be reading this are fans and want to get excited about the season. Tell us where she excels and what she’s been working on to improve her game. Of course this is just my opinion.

Yes, I thought the exact same thing when I read it earlier. Didn't have time to reply, but as I got down to paragraphs 5-7, I think it was, I felt like I would need to write a reply in Chyna's defense. Scratch those paragraphs and its a perfect spotlight.

Chyna made such huge strides last year from the prior years where she rarely saw any time. Her FT% was one of the biggest improvements that jumped off the page when you watched last year.

The better way to go would have been to echo the excitement that she and Coach Co expressed at B1G Media Day, in anticipation of seeing how all the work she's put in on her shot, to expand her game, will pan out this season.

I also love the attention to each player and just hope future spotlight's can be positively stated as the energy builds toward opening night.

Reactions: RUfanDNT
Yes, I thought the exact same thing when I read it earlier. Didn't have time to reply, but as I got down to paragraphs 5-7, I think it was, I felt like I would need to write a reply in Chyna's defense. Scratch those paragraphs and its a perfect spotlight.

Chyna made such huge strides last year from the prior years where she rarely saw any time. Her FT% was one of the biggest improvements that jumped off the page when you watched last year.

The better way to go would have been to echo the excitement that she and Coach Co expressed at B1G Media Day, in anticipation of seeing how all the work she's put in on her shot, to expand her game, will pan out this season.

I also love the attention to each player and just hope future spotlight's can be positively stated as the energy builds toward opening night.
I know you always have the words to express many of my thoughts, RUcrazee. Thank you!

Reactions: RUcrazee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT