ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Women's Basketball G Erica Lafayette enters the transfer portal

Understandable. With her breakout performances in her final three games with us,... makes it a bit disappointing. I was looking for that kind of performance from her a year or two ago. Not all her fault though. She's been through a lot, with the final CVS year. Hopefully, she is graduating and can go to a program where she will get plenty of minutes.

With the level of talent that we need to bring in, she likely would not have seen a lot of minutes again next season if she stayed. She didn't really put any separation between herself and our frosh this year, in terms of production.

Wherever she lands, I'll be rooting for her.

The women’s team is in deep , deep trouble… we should have a fun time trying to field a team of 8-10 players . Time to re evaluate who is leading the program.

my normal optimistic attitude has left the building.
Now thinking the good portal players might be wondering why Erica & Kaylene
decided to leave and a coach that is 20-44 her two years as HC might make RU not look so hot of a landing spot.
But will hope Washington can bring in the type of talent that will help the team win next year

Reactions: ScarletteK80
my normal optimistic attitude has left the building.
Now thinking the good portal players might be wondering why Erica & Kaylene
decided to leave and a coach that is 20-44 her two years as HC might make RU not look so hot of a landing spot.
But will hope Washington can bring in the type of talent that will help the team win next year
I think players and coaches have learned to accept what the portal means in today's game. I think players understand that each team is going to have movement of key players, reserves, and role players. It is the new norm and there is not the same level of shame that came from the coaches that lost all their players to the portal.

Players understand because they are experiencing the same thing at their own program regarding post-season conferences(exit interviews or whatever they call it). Players are being advised to move on in some cases. Coaches want to be able to bring in their own players, in some cases. They have the hard conversation that states the best interest of both the player and the team.

All those roster spots including starting spots open on our roster can be a good thing for Coquese to work with as she and her staff comb the portal. Might be more attractive to elite talent looking to link up to play together somewhere.

Reactions: gigantor1024
Really
I think players and coaches have learned to accept what the portal means in today's game. I think players understand that each team is going to have movement of key players, reserves, and role players. It is the new norm and there is not the same level of shame that came from the coaches that lost all their players to the portal.

Players understand because they are experiencing the same thing at their own program regarding post-season conferences(exit interviews or whatever they call it). Players are being advised to move on in some cases. Coaches want to be able to bring in their own players, in some cases. They have the hard conversation that states the best interest of both the player and the team.

All those roster spots including starting spots open on our roster can be a good thing for Coquese to work with as she and her staff comb the portal. Might be more attractive to elite talent looking to link up to play together somewhere.
R you new here?
Yes … just stopped by .

R you new here?
Coquese left herself in a bad spot. Elite talent takes some $$$$. She has some issues to solve on the recruiting front.

Need complete start over with NEW coach
You don't think available NIL $$ will be a major factor for a new coach as well? People need to consider that when they cry out for CW to be fired. If football and men's hoops are struggling to come up with NIL $$, I can only imagine how hard it must be for women's hoops. Try hiring a top, up and coming coach with that reality hanging over your head.

Whether it's CW or the NIL's fault for leaving, Rutgers needs to do something to retain the talent on hand and make sure the commits come.

Whether it's CW or the NIL's fault for leaving, Rutgers needs to do something to retain the talent on hand and make sure the commits come.
MAD...What "talent" do we have? The two newbies do not count. Again, I hate to be negative, but we are going noplace with this current coaching staff.

MAD...What "talent" do we have? The two newbies do not count. Again, I hate to be negative, but we are going noplace with this current coaching staff.
Destiny is still with the team
Mya is still around
Lisa has potential
not a glowing report on the RU WBB roster going into 2024-25
but some returning player to go with the talent ( hopefully) coming
Filling the roster to provide depth ,looks like a real problem,
not only quality but just bodies

Destiny is still with the team
Mya is still around
Lisa has potential
not a glowing report on the RU WBB roster going into 2024-25
but some returning player to go with the talent ( hopefully) coming
Filling the roster to provide depth ,looks like a real problem,
not only quality but just bodies
The season is still 7-8 months away and so until they are suited up on the court for Rutgers don’t count anything as being in stone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT