ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Women's Basketball Head Coach Hot Board

Is the rumor mill functioning sufficiently as to give us an idea about who among those possible candidates has actually applied for the position? Or perhaps others not on that list?

Thanks.

Although I strongly believe that Dailey, Newton, or Law could be successful, the search has to include more of the candidates who don't necessarily have any connection to RU or CVS. Get the best available fit.

Have to say, everywhere Jolette goes, the recruiting classes are amongst the tops in the country. Our recruiting consistency hasn't been the same since she left RU. Was Diamond's class the first highly ranked class that we've had since her time here?

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
What a meh list. Just a bunch of folks with Rutgers connections, except for Berube.

My take on 3 of them:

- CD isn't coming. She will retire with Geno. I would wager on it.
- Jolette was not successful at Illinois, she is a great recruiter. She would be a risk (but what coach isn't) because of her difficult head coaching stint.
- Carlene was dreadful at UCSB, but not 100% sure it was all her fault, my take - and I saw her UCSB teams twice - was that she expected less talented players than she usually coached to perform as the more talented players did. This isn't an unheard of syndrome - it was part of Niya Butts issues at Arizona

Other than Berube (who I also don't think is coming) or Chelsea, I would probably prefer someone not on that list.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT