ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Soccer at Indiana

Another ugly game. IU fouled a ton, yet their coach and players couldn't stop crying to the refs about us.

Since the undefeated start we are not even a 500 team and I don’t see where it’s going to improve
Well…we won…then lost to HOFSTRA (who has lost to Albany and Columbia) in the 88th(?))…then get tied by NCState in the 82nd(?)…to start the season. Been saying we’re in trouble for a while now.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Well…we won…then lost to HOFSTRA (who has lost to Albany and Columbia) in the 88th(?))…then get tied by NCState in the 82nd(?)…to start the season. Been saying we’re in trouble for a while now.
Don’t be fooled by Indiana record they finished last in the Big and they have played no one good
At this rate hate to say it we may be headed for last in the big

Well … not looking like RU’s year in this sport … RU owned Indy 7-1-1 before today. Lots of soccer left, but disappointing start of one of our best sports since joining the B1G.

Reactions: biazza38
What happened to the 1766 guy that kept arguing with us on the RT when we said something looked off with the team and they could struggle scoring goals?

What happened to the 1766 guy that kept arguing with us on the RT when we said something looked off with the team and they could struggle scoring goals?
He’s a good guy, a great fan, but when it comes to talking realistically, it’s actually about our team gets a little too emotional. It’s OK, I understand it, Vern there myself.

Disaster. How is the exact same team(minus the keeeper) that was 13-1-2 last October 20,
now 4-3-6 in the 13 games since? Poor recruiting is one thing('22. '23) but what is going on with the chemistry? The tactics? The execution? The defense??? #Lettheladiesgotofootballgames?

Reactions: richthedentist
Disaster. How is the exact same team(minus the keeeper) that was 13-1-2 last October 20,
now 4-3-6 in the 13 games since? Poor recruiting is one thing('22. '23) but what is going on with the chemistry? The tactics? The execution? The defense??? #Lettheladiesgotofootballgames?
We never really been a strong offensively band not sure the coaches we have know how to be on the attack. HIstorically, we relied on being strong defensively but this year even that seems off. In an eerie way, this team reminds me of the early days of the being of the CVS decline and Bob Reasso decline.

We never really been a strong offensively band not sure the coaches we have know how to be on the attack. HIstorically, we relied on being strong defensively but this year even that seems off. In an eerie way, this team reminds me of the early days of the being of the CVS decline and Bob Reasso decline.
This is EXACTLY what it reminds me of: a coach too damn stubborn to change with changing trends in the game.

Reactions: Caliknight
Is this really true? That they're not allowed to go to football games? This is the 2nd time I've seen this and, if so, it's pure nonsense.

This is the most concerning thing.

They've lost all confidence.

This is EXACTLY what it reminds me of: a coach too damn stubborn to change with changing trends in the game.

I swear Brecht should give all of the other RU coaches a tutorial on how to change philosophies and accept with what comes with that.

Brecht was a defensive oriented coach when RU hired him. He realized after we got into the B1G that all the teams play a similar way. So we should be different. And so NASCAR was born. It takes a certain coach to live with the things they hate the most when you do that. But the rewards are there if you are committed.

I swear Brecht should give all of the other RU coaches a tutorial on how to change philosophies and accept with what comes with that.

Brecht was a defensive oriented coach when RU hired him. He realized after we got into the B1G that all the teams play a similar way. So we should be different. And so NASCAR was born. It takes a certain coach to live with the things they hate the most when you do that. But the rewards are there if you are committed.
the problem is he has had success with that style and it has served him pretty well but I equate it to CVS in her hey day she won with defense but she could never get over the hump because she could not coach offense and now with that philosophy O'Neil is starting to not only possibly lose the team but is losing way too many games; maybe if we hit rock bottom it may be the kick in the ass he needs!!

Brecht was successful with that defensive approach at his prior stop. He was able to pivot from what he knew and was successful with. I can tell you it was a big change.

When you are a defensive oriented coach in lacrosse and you go to a full fast break all gas offense, it comes with some bad turnovers and at times sloppy play. Incredibly we were one of the best teams not turning the ball over 2 years ago. Playing that fast, well, it was an amazing stat.

But we had to get there and at times turnovers happened. Sometimes bad or unforced turnovers. The kind that drive a coach to drink. But Brecht was savvy enough to know that he had to live with that to get to a better place. And was able to do that. Next play. Live in the moment.

It can be done, but you have to want to do it.

Pat Riley did going from the showtime Lakers to the rough and tumble Knicks. Good coaches adapt and evolve.

Brecht was successful with that defensive approach at his prior stop. He was able to pivot from what he knew and was successful with. I can tell you it was a big change.

When you are a defensive oriented coach in lacrosse and you go to a full fast break all gas offense, it comes with some bad turnovers and at times sloppy play. Incredibly we were one of the best teams not turning the ball over 2 years ago. Playing that fast, well, it was an amazing stat.

But we had to get there and at times turnovers happened. Sometimes bad or unforced turnovers. The kind that drive a coach to drink. But Brecht was savvy enough to know that he had to live with that to get to a better place. And was able to do that. Next play. Live in the moment.

It can be done, but you have to want to do it.

Pat Riley did going from the showtime Lakers to the rough and tumble Knicks. Good coaches adapt and evolve.
I agree they need to change the play style because since I watched them beat Ohio St last year the rest of the seemingly figured out how to stymie their attack.

The greater concern is even if they change it now does he have the right players on the roster for it. They haven’t brought in many elite players to replace the Ali’s and others that graduated over the last few years. Otherwise the current system may still work.

Is this really true? That they're not allowed to go to football games? This is the 2nd time I've seen this and, if so, it's pure nonsense.
Yes. Ex. Like a WSOC Sunday game at 1pm and they schedule a mandatory meeting on purpose at 12 noon Saturday so no one can attend say the Northwestern game. Some freshman were literally crying over it. Control freaks afraid of drinking or partying day before a game I guess? RU Soccer is just the no fun team on campus. The coaches are no fun types. No cookies. No ice cream(You can't get fat) No football games(You might drink a beer in public?). Let someone here deny this happens at RU women's soccer.

Reactions: Scarlettrooper
Yes. Ex. Like a WSOC Sunday game at 1pm and they schedule a mandatory meeting on purpose at 12 noon Saturday so no one can attend say the Northwestern game. Some freshman were literally crying over it. Control freaks afraid of drinking or partying day before a game I guess? RU Soccer is just the no fun team on campus. The coaches are no fun types. No cookies. No ice cream(You can't get fat) No football games(You might drink a beer in public?). Let someone here deny this happens at RU women's soccer.
Let's play devil's advocate, are they there to play soccer or be football groupies?

This could portend why they look the way they do if the football game was more important to than a meeting for their own game the next day.

This is sheer insanity. I'd pull my kid right off the team is she couldn't attend a football game 24-hours out. **** that nonsense.

This is sheer insanity. I'd pull my kid right off the team is she couldn't attend a football game 24-hours out. **** that nonsense.
Forget about this insanity with the football game last week the big picture is we are 8-8-4 in our last 20 games since the 9-0 start last year and that is the problem; We have been nothing but barely a mediocre team and there is nothing to me that indicates anything will change or improve this year and who knows about next year as has been stated the recruiting has been poor at best and the coaching well!!!

Forget about this insanity with the football game last week the big picture is we are 8-8-4 in our last 20 games since the 9-0 start last year and that is the problem; We have been nothing but barely a mediocre team and there is nothing to me that indicates anything will change or improve this year and who knows about next year as has been stated the recruiting has been poor at best and the coaching well!!!
The point I'm making stands: shit like that (not allowing the girls to go support THEIR football team, 24-hours out) IS NOT the way to build a good environment at this level. Maybe it's just one of several reasons we're play subpar soccer of late, however, it's one that is BULLSHIT and easily rectified.

The point I'm making stands: shit like that (not allowing the girls to go support THEIR football team, 24-hours out) IS NOT the way to build a good environment at this level. Maybe it's just one of several reasons we're play subpar soccer of late, however, it's one that is BULLSHIT and easily rectified.
I agree with you and if this atmosphere is not rectified you may see a bunch of girls transfer out which would put us even in a worse spot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT