ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Soccer vs. FDU

369980623_794594122603618_7003786755246192978_n.jpg

What a fantastic afternoon by the ladies thus far! Lowery with her second of the day 5–0!!!

Unfortunately other than we scored a lot you cannot take much away from this game as FDU wasn't even D1 level with what they had out there today but hopefully finding the net will give them some confidence that will continue going forward
Given that FDU wasn't a top flight opponent I still thought that we looked much better--focused. Good ball movement, much better decisions, & for the most part we finished.
Thought Riley had one of her better games ever. Other than a goal on a keeper muff, she had two assists. She didn't look to hang on to the ball but found her mates time & again with excellent passes.
Great to see Sam out there again. Moved the ball with good decisions. Two assists off of two beautiful balls.
Hope this kind of play carries over to Princeton & beyond.

Unfortunately other than we scored a lot you cannot take much away from this game as FDU wasn't even D1 level with what they had out there today but hopefully finding the net will give them some confidence that will continue going forward
There is that positivity....

Given that FDU wasn't a top flight opponent I still thought that we looked much better--focused. Good ball movement, much better decisions, & for the most part we finished.
Thought Riley had one of her better games ever. Other than a goal on a keeper muff, she had two assists. She didn't look to hang on to the ball but found her mates time & again with excellent passes.
Great to see Sam out there again. Moved the ball with good decisions. Two assists off of two beautiful balls.
Hope this kind of play carries over to Princeton & beyond.
Totally agree with everything. Holy Cross was not even in proper condition and we only scored 2 and we ran circles around them.

Timing of passes and spacing was tremendous.

I like what I see from Olivia Russomanno. She reads the game really well. Should have had a couple goals but was too unselfish and tried to pass the ball.
Another frosh that has impressed is 17 Ashley Baron. She also seems to se the game really well. It will be interesting to see how much time both get in Big10 play, based on the number of veterans we have up front.

Interesting start to the interview from Lowery. Mentioned that the team was not happy with their first couple games, not surprised. Also mentions that the team said that they needed to come out and play with more desire, which they did. Hopefully the first three games were a wake up call and they continue to play with an attitude for the remainder of the season.

Another frosh that has impressed is 17 Ashley Baron. She also seems to se the game really well. It will be interesting to see how much time both get in Big10 play, based on the number of veterans we have up front.
Agree. We did not see much against HC and Hofstra but she is definitely picking it up.

Totally agree with everything. Holy Cross was not even in proper condition and we only scored 2 and we ran circles around them.

Timing of passes and spacing was tremendous.
Good point on the spacing--all over the pitch & especially in the final 1/3 where we weren't all bunched up trying to force the ball through 12 legs.

Hopefully this game got them some confidence and gets them back on track. Tough matchup with Princeton on Thursday.

Reactions: Scarlettrooper
Interesting start to the interview from Lowery. Mentioned that the team was not happy with their first couple games, not surprised. Also mentions that the team said that they needed to come out and play with more desire, which they did. Hopefully the first three games were a wake up call and they continue to play with an attitude for the remainder of the season.
Yes they came out with more passion, intensity, & focus. Need to do it every game.

Yes they came out with more passion, intensity, & focus. Need to do it every game.
Yes we do Princeton will be a great test but getting Sam 41 minutes especially in her first game back was key so she can hopefully go about 60 in the next game and Emily is also increasing her workload in each game so these are really keys to us picking up our game

Yes we do Princeton will be a great test but getting Sam 41 minutes especially in her first game back was key so she can hopefully go about 60 in the next game and Emily is also increasing her workload in each game so these are really keys to us picking up our game
Am I crazy, or did Emily Mason start, play about 20 minutes, and then didn’t return the rest of the game?

Perhaps precautionary because she wasn’t needed in this cakewalk of a game?

Am I crazy, or did Emily Mason start, play about 20 minutes, and then didn’t return the rest of the game?

Mike gave freshmen Audrey Cain and Ava Brass a pretty good long run

Emily played the whole 1st half & a good portion of the 2nd. Thought she maybe should have come out sooner, but I understand that she wants to build her endurance.

Emily played the whole 1st half & a good portion of the 2nd. Thought she maybe should have come out sooner, but I understand that she wants to build her endurance.
Hmm, I probably missed her because we played the whole game in the offensive third LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT