ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Soccer vs. Purdue Sunday

An early goal from Mason 90-seconds into the match but nothing since. 30 into the 1st.

Still 1-0 BUT GETTING OUTSHOT 15-6 with 25 to go. No bueno BUT let's get the "W" here PLEASE NO LATE GOAL!!!

RU 1 Purdue 0.
Good to get the win, but this is NOT a good team. With Misal & Fluchel it would be better, but right now it is borderline terrible.
Long passes that never connect, other passes to nowhere. Passes out of the back end to the opponent. Poor decisions. Lack of basic fundamentals.
Why Mike continues to start & give major minutes to Vicari is one of life's mysteries. There are others with the same deficiencies as they have exhibited all year.
Bodmer won the game with two outstanding saves, one sparkling.

Last edited:
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Pure speculation (so relax....) but this team SEEMS to be playing like there are off-pitch distractions. We've seen it before with teams at RU - it happens everywhere - even recently with men's hoops a couple of times, so it's NOT out of the realm of possibilities. Just a "food for thought" kinda comment right now.

Pure speculation (so relax....) but this team SEEMS to be playing like there are off-pitch distractions. We've seen it before with teams at RU - it happens everywhere - even recently with men's hoops a couple of times, so it's NOT out of the realm of possibilities. Just a "food for thought" kinda comment right now.
What are you even implying here?

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
What are you even implying here?
He’s not implying he has basically come out and said that he believes Tiernans social media presence is a distraction, because some random article came out claims she is the next Olivia Dunne. No evidence that this is even true, and how this would effect the play of 10 other girls is beyond me.

He’s not implying he has basically come out and said that he believes Tiernans social media presence is a distraction, because some random article came out claims she is the next Olivia Dunne. No evidence that this is even true, and how this would effect the play of 10 other girls is beyond me.
Wrong...I joked about it one day...then 2 days later an article happened to come out about it...BUT that's NOT what I was talking about in this instance. As I said my comment was PURE SPECULATION and I sure as hell hope that I'm 10000% wrong (odds are it's everything else we've discussed: the lack of national recruiting, MON's choice of player rotation minutes, and a style of play we are just "stuck" in right now).

I wouldn't have even said anything had it not been for RUDad's questioning of the playing time scenario(s). Again...as we've seen with OTHER PROGRAMS at RU, and happens all across the nation, sometimes THAT is an indicator of things going on "behind the scenes." I'm hope that I'm 1000% incorrect BUT you never know.

Last edited:
None of his speculation is true. Ridiculous accusation/assumption.

Reactions: aardvark34
None of his speculation is true. Ridiculous accusation/assumption.
1) you said that when.I made my comment about RT and then, 2 days later, BOOM I was proven irght!

2) you claimed Kroeger wasn't ready to play and then, BOOM, she played that day

....so maybe YOU should stop with the "ridiculous ASSumptions" and not me?

Also...I was VERY CLEAR as to my comments being "pure speculation," so zip it Spider! Maybe work on your reading comprehension skills buddy!

That being said I a) lived with an AA soccer star while at RU b) worked with an entire athletic department filled with female (and male) athletes and c) am still friends with many of them....SO...sometimes I have a little "insight" as to what can and DOES go on behind the scenes with collegiate athletic teams. Don't be so quick to cut me off JUST BECAUSE you're a "fan boy," okay? I know many here like to THINK that only Men's Hoops and Football have "locker room" issues, HOWEVER, it's quite the opposite.

BTW - I truly do hope I'm 100% dead-wrong and this is something on-field that can easily be fixed!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
1) you said that about when.I made my comment about RT and then, 2 days later, BOOM I was proven ight!

2) you claimed Kroeger wasn't ready to play and then, BOOM, she played that day

....so maybe YOU should stop with the "ridiculous ASSumptions" and not me?

Also...I was VERY CLEAR as to my comments being "pure speculation," so zip it Spider! Maybe work on your reading comprehension skills buddy!

That being said I a) lived with an AA soccer star while at RU b) worked with an entire athletic department filled with female (and male) athletes and c) am still friends with many of them....SO...sometimes I have a little "insight" as to what can and DOES go on behind the scenes with collegiate athletic teams. Don't be so quick to cut me off JUST BECAUSE you're a "fan boy," okay?
You weren't proven right. You constantly talk out of your ass. Even the sun shines on a dogs ass some days.

I also never claimed she was ready to play or not. I used the word "soon" intentionally. You have a reading problem too.

Hopefully you'll come to a game soon so you can make these claims in person. Highly doubt you will though.

Wrong...I joked about it one day...then 2 days later an article happened to come out about it...BUT that's NOT what I was talking about in this instance. As I said my comment was PURE SPECULATION and I sure as hell hope that I'm 10000% wrong (odds are it's everything else we've discussed: the lack of national recruiting, MON's choice of player rotation minutes, and a style of play we are just "stuck" in right now).

I wouldn't have even said anything had it not been for RUDad's questioning of the playing time scenario(s). Again...as we've seen with OTHER PROGRAMS at RU, and happens all across the nation, sometimes THAT is an indicator of things going on "behind the scenes." I'm hope that I'm 1000% incorrect BUT you never know.
So you’d be fine with me pushing unfounded lies about your personal life under the guise of “PURE SPECULATION”? If you really wanted the team to focus, you wouldn’t be starting distracting rumors.

And for what it’s worth, both RUfan and I have plenty of AD experience and exposure to this program of our own. We don’t see you at games though…

• Love
You weren't proven right. You constantly talk out of your ass. Even the sun shines on a dogs ass some days.

I also never claimed she was ready to play or not. I used the word "soon" intentionally. You have a reading problem too.

Hopefully you'll come to a game soon so you can make these claims in person. Highly doubt you will though.
Wow dude your'e delusional. You've been 100% WRONG about this team all season long. You claimed (and of course now I can't find it, BUT I quoted it, so I will...) that she "wasn't quite ready yet" ON THE SAME DAY that she ended up coming back onto the pitch. You ACTED as if it were FACT when, in. fact, you knew nothing.

You're a GREAT fan, AP, I've said that before BUT that does not mean you're right about everything JUST BECAUSE you go to the games. If anything it narrows your vision.

Last edited:
So you’d be fine with me pushing unfounded lies about your personal life under the guise of “PURE SPECULATION”? If you really wanted the team to focus, you wouldn’t be starting distracting rumors.

And for what it’s worth, both RUfan and I have plenty of AD experience and exposure to this program of our own. We don’t see you at games though…
AGAIN....I said "pure speculation" AS IF it seems like this team IS NOT focused, on the field, the way they have been in the recent past. There is NOTHING wrong with having a discussion as such. If it's okay to do so for hoops and football, AS WE DO, then it is 100% OKAY to do so for every other sport.

BTW - I would love to come to more athletic events at RU, as I attended plenty while in school, however being in real estate it's very difficult to make free time on Saturdays let alone on weeknights.

AGAIN....I said "pure speculation" AS IF it seems like this team IS NOT focused, on the field, the way they have been in the recent past. There is NOTHING wrong with having a discussion as such. My Lord get a grip.
You seem distracted at work, did your wife leave you? Did you have to file for bankruptcy? Just speculating…

See how stupid that logic sounds?

You seem distracted at work, did your wife leave you? Did you have to file for bankruptcy? Just speculating…

See how stupid that logic sounds?
Well done....bottom line is things DO happen behind the scenes...these things DO cause issues on the playing field, diamond, pitch, court, on the track, the course or in the pool. It was just a simple comment, questioning IF it was at all possible there was something else going on that we didn't know about.

It's okay. It's not the end of the world and, AGAIN, I hope that it's NOT the case.

I think (hope) we can all agree that there's nothing sinister wondering - ON A MESSAGE BOARD - if potential distractions to college students may explain why they're under performing

it's not like Nuts is suggesting they're selling nuclear secrets to our enemies

as long as things dont go too far, having balanced conversation on a sports message board seems to be what they're intended for...no?

and btw, this happens all the time on the mens bball board

I dont happen to agree that's what's going on...I am just saying I dont think it's as nefarious as some are making it out to be...

I think (hope) we can all agree that there's nothing sinister wondering - ON A MESSAGE BOARD - if potential distractions to college students may explain why they're under performing

it's not like Nuts is suggesting they're selling nuclear secrets to our enemies

as long as things dont go too far, having balanced conversation on a sports message board seems to be what they're intended for...no?

and btw, this happens all the time on the mens bball board

I dont happen to agree that's what's going on...I am just saying I dont think it's as nefarious as some are making it out to be...
Agreed. AYN response was one of the more benign things said on this board. Issues in the locker room happen at every level of sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT